XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3Phase
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyA
    Park facing downhill - worked with my '62 Dreamer...
    I'm not sure if it'll push/roll start. It might but I haven't tried it yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyA
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase

    The latest glitch: 117" performance engines are hard on the starter motors, it's going out and the extra juice it's pulling scorched the battery terminals. Route 66 Harley in Tulsa cleaned up the battery and terminals but they don't have another starter in stock, this one will have to do for now.
    Park facing downhill - worked with my '62 Dreamer...

    Leave a comment:


  • XJOK2PLAY
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    It was good to see you too, Bob! (thumbs up)





    The latest glitch: 117" performance engines are hard on the starter motors, it's going out and the extra juice it's pulling scorched the battery terminals. Route 66 Harley in Tulsa cleaned up the battery and terminals but they don't have another starter in stock, this one will have to do for now.
    Wow...
    I had a feeling it might not be a battery issue.
    Can't believe it's a starter, though. Dang...
    Hope it holds up for the trip.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    You know how much crap we’re going to dish out to you, right? That is, if that new bike gets you there.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY
    Enjoyed dinner w/ Greg & Scott!
    Safe journey to you both, and to all rally attendees.

    Glad you were able to stop in Tulsa, Scott!
    Good to see ya again.
    Bob
    It was good to see you too, Bob! (thumbs up)

    Originally posted by motoman
    Y'all be safe on your journey to the Rally(Greg/Scott)! BTW Scott, Thanks again for the ride on your 117in. Heritage......made my day buddy!


    The latest glitch: 117" performance engines are hard on the starter motors, it's going out and the extra juice it's pulling scorched the battery terminals. Route 66 Harley in Tulsa cleaned up the battery and terminals but they don't have another starter in stock, this one will have to do for now.

    Leave a comment:


  • motoman
    replied
    Y'all be safe on your journey to the Rally(Greg/Scott)! BTW Scott, Thanks again for the ride on your 117in. Heritage......made my day buddy!
    Last edited by motoman; 09-25-2018, 11:17 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • XJOK2PLAY
    replied
    Enjoyed dinner w/ Greg & Scott!
    Safe journey to you both, and to all rally attendees.

    Glad you were able to stop in Tulsa, Scott!
    Good to see ya again.
    Bob

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Just got back from having supper with 3Phase and XJOK2PLAY.

    Scott and I will start headed that way Wednesday. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

    I have rain gear.
    Dinner was excellent and I fear no rain storm, I have the gear and a slow motorcycle but why the heck did I wake up at 2:00 AM?

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Just got back from having supper with 3Phase and XJOK2PLAY.

    Scott and I will start headed that way Wednesday. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

    I have rain gear.

    Leave a comment:


  • TopCatGr58
    replied
    Hey Guys,

    I know the mountains make their own weather, but the forecasts aren't looking very dry, so not sure how much taming I will feel confident in doing with possibly wet/slippery roads! Sunday looks to be the dryer of the two.
    I may end up running through a fair amount of stuff just getting there, will bring back memories of 3 years ago! At least I know Godzilla runs just fine in the pouring rain, but hope I don't have to experience too much of it!

    The word scattered storms gives me hope, but we had some local stuff today that even though short in duration, flooded roadways for a bit. This global warming letting more moisture build up in the clouds is something!

    Everyone be safe getting to the rally.

    T.C.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyA
    replied
    TC we need to tame the Skyway again!! wink wink

    Leave a comment:


  • kboehringer
    replied
    Better Gas Mileage!

    Originally posted by 3Phase
    .......on my Harley without blocking the road for the other riders!.....
    I get my very best gas mileage riding behind a HD.

    LOL!

    KURT

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    After a year of planning I am running out of time to get the bike packed and ready to go for Tuesday night short haul to Brian's for an early start Wednesday.
    Weather looks to be fairly warm with multiple chances of rain and occasional sunny bits on our route.

    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    A "self-guided" group of one at the rally is probably the best I can do on my Harley without blocking the road for the other riders!
    Hi Scott,
    Can Hardley wait to see Nanuk and you of course.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Made it to Hays, KS

    A "self-guided" group of one at the rally is probably the best I can do on my Harley without blocking the road for the other riders!

    Leave a comment:

Working...