XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3Phase
    replied
    After getting my bike back and a false start last weekend that uncovered a cracked weld in one of the oil lines, I made it to Grand Junction yesterday.

    I'm running out of time to visit. I wanted to see Brant and Anita, Jerry, then head over the pass to Denver and see Joe, Bonz, and Captain Zap but I have to be in Tulsa, then we'll jam-boogie back east to the Iron Horse. Oh, well, one thing at a time and it's almost time for breakfast!

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH
    Nearly Rally Time

    Y'all Come

    best explained by Bill Monroe:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWn0HmvDexQ

    Just a week to go. Got quite a few riders already In-Transit.

    I picked up the Rally T-shirts on and drove those to Kurt & Nancy so that is done.

    Jeff

    Just some pointers and reminders for you. About the Iron Horse meal selections; especially if you are not a Registered Guest and staying off property. Help I-H avoid 300 unnecessary phone calls and emails from us when we already have the answer sort of thing.

    Schedule of Events, Key Points, Meal Times, VYR Event times etc.



    Ride Safe

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyA
    Anyone get their menu requests yet?
    Hi MartyA,
    Not yet. It better come soon as Brian and I are leaving on Wednesday.for a more leisurely ride south.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyA
    Anyone get their menu requests yet?
    No
    still too early
    Wait a couple.more days.

    They never send them out this early. Normally it's Mon or Tues

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyA
    replied
    Food

    Anyone get their menu requests yet?

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    Well except for Brent that is..he could ride circles around you on that 2003 Fireman's Edition...chompin on a ceegar to boot
    We always had to stop and wait for Brent. We couldn't let him up front anyway because the cigar ashes would get in our eyes.

    Leave a comment:


  • kboehringer
    replied
    Ironhorse is Fine!

    VYR Attendees,
    I spoke to the owner of the Iron Horse yesterday. Absolutely nothing related to the Hurricane reached the Iron Horse area, a mild shower that's all.

    I'll be packing a couple bikes and driving one of the XS11's (which one is yet to be determined). Gonna pack a bunch of spare parts in the event anyone needs a repair. The Van will be loaded to the roof with all the goodies from the contributors and the t-shirts, goodie bags, etc.

    Nancy and I are going to be at the IH on TUESDAY! We'll have the van should a roadside assist be needed.

    Kurt & Nancy.

    Leave a comment:


  • ViperRon
    replied
    You know if you are not careful what bikes you ride with or park next to that Harley will puddle on you.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Friends don't let friends ride Hardleys.
    Well except for Brent that is..he could ride circles around you on that 2003 Fireman's Edition...chompin on a ceegar to boot

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    I thought you said they said the valve train was fine. The jug doesn't need to come off to fix a valve spring.
    They didn't know the valve spring was broken when they pulled the rear jug, they were looking for a loose wrist pin clip or damage to the cylinder wall that would explain the low compression still but pass the leak down test with the rest of the valve train looking good.

    The mechanic tore down the head to clean it and found the broken spring, it wasn't visible until then.

    I'm BACK in Salt Lake City tonight because they fixed valve spring but there was oil all over the front jug when I stopped for fuel after a 79-mile ride through the Wasatch mountains before riding to Grand Junction to see Motoman.

    The mechanic will be so happy to see me and my bike again for free do-over work.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil
    we have friends who ride Harleys
    Friends don't let friends ride Hardleys.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    I thought Hardleys were supposed to leak?
    Mike they don't leak. Just mark their spot
    I think they cured that back in the late 90's but still fun.
    Phil
    ps we have friends who ride Harleys

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH
    Nearly Rally Time

    Y'all Come

    best explained by Bill Monroe:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWn0HmvDexQ

    Heard from Nancy a few hours ago that she checked with Iron Horse this AM and they reported Hurricane / Tropical Storm Florence did no damage in any of the surrounding mountain counties. breezes & fog & some rain but mostly fog and mist. Even closer to the storms center, Greenville SC had max winds of 35 with a couple inches of rain with fog & mist.

    So, Rally Team is making final Rally preparations and Iron Horse will be ready with Food and Accommodations.

    Hearts go out to the people along the NC & SC coast. All that flooding in the low elevation coastal plains is absolutely devastating. Our hearts go out to all those impacted.

    Everybody Drive Safe and have an enjoyable trip to Stecoah NC. See ya there.

    Jeff
    Yee haw I'm psyched cant wait for the 27th...BTW we're fine here ..we got about 5" all told over 4 days and winds here didnt get above 35 mph...

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Nearly Rally Time

    Y'all Come

    best explained by Bill Monroe:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWn0HmvDexQ

    Heard from Nancy a few hours ago that she checked with Iron Horse this AM and they reported Hurricane / Tropical Storm Florence did no damage in any of the surrounding mountain counties. breezes & fog & some rain but mostly fog and mist. Even closer to the storms center, Greenville SC had max winds of 35 with a couple inches of rain with fog & mist.

    So, Rally Team is making final Rally preparations and Iron Horse will be ready with Food and Accommodations.

    Hearts go out to the people along the NC & SC coast. All that flooding in the low elevation coastal plains is absolutely devastating. Our hearts go out to all those impacted.

    Everybody Drive Safe and have an enjoyable trip to Stecoah NC. See ya there.

    Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 09-17-2018, 11:41 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    What?

    I thought Hardleys were supposed to leak?

    Leave a comment:

Working...