XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3Phase
    replied
    They spent 5 hours this afternoon after showing me the valve train and couldn't get the heads off. I may take a plane home find a windshield for my XJ11 and ride it back east while they play games with the Harley.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Makes me want to run right out and spend TOO much on a Hardley I can't hardly depend on.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    My bike is in the hospital at the dealership in Salt Lake City.

    The rear cylinder quit working and it started clattering. The dealer says the compression is 30 lbs low but the leakdown tested good. The valves and valve train is immaculate so they're pulling the heads and jugs tomorrow.

    I canceled the Yellowstone part of the trip.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    The VJMC bike show will be presented by Mike's XS.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Three weeks till Rally time

    Got the 93 Rally T-Shirts ordered yesterday. Most we've ever had I think. Assembling Rally essentials, banners and such to bring to Kurt & Mike for transport up to the Iron Horse.
    Still working on the XS11. All valves were spot on (high side of spec) so that was nice and saved me monkeying with that. Cleaned the kill switch and turn signal switches yesterday. Found long dead cocoon inside the right handlebar switch. Now waiting for some carb parts. Have an ACCT sitting on the bench so will put that in tonight. May give Metal Rescue a short ride inside the gas tank to address some minor surface rust. I've only ridden this bike 700 miles since I got it and never in the rain so that's the wild card. Bike seemed well cared for with nothing hacked up or broken so that is a pleasant surprise.

    Looking forward to the Rally. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    Looking forward to trying out this bike after a major 10K / 12K whatever it is full service.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffH
    YES, I have lunch or dinner with Brent and his wife weekly.
    He is planning to be at the Rally. Probably make it for Friday night and hopefully Sat night too.
    He isn't on line much if at all. I showed him "the trick" to get logged in so he knows there were issues.

    Jeff
    Good, I kinda miss ol' Brent.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Anyone heard from Brent?
    YES, I have lunch or dinner with Brent and his wife weekly.
    He is planning to be at the Rally. Probably make it for Friday night and hopefully Sat night too.
    He isn't on line much if at all. I showed him "the trick" to get logged in so he knows there were issues.

    You get your shirt PayPal and email confirmation aok?

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Anyone heard from Brent?

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Yes!

    Originally posted by madmax-im
    Add me to your group for one day pls..i have not ridden with you guys in a while and wish to...

    Just so happens, I have the perfect place in mind to lead you astray.

    Leave a comment:


  • kboehringer
    replied
    VYRshirtorder@gmail.com

    Originally posted by BA80
    Marty, did you see my FB message.
    Greg,
    Are you referring to the shirt? Who never replied?
    Nancy is running the shirt orders.
    Send a payment via PayPal, you'll get a confirmation from Nancy.

    KURT

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Marty, did you see my FB message.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    Add me to your group for one day pls..i have not ridden with you guys in a while and wish to...
    hi Ben,
    Sure. Yes it has been a while since we rode together.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by earl G
    I have my order in. now
    Hi Earl,
    Left it to the last minute Good to know you are coming too.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • earl G
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    TICK TOCK. Last Day!
    I have my order in. now

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil
    hi Mike,
    Thanks for the reminder, mine is already on order.
    Will you be leading our small group astray this year ? As Mark & DuWayne are both not attending. Brian and I would like to hear your route suggestions.

    Phil
    Add me to your group for one day pls..i have not ridden with you guys in a while and wish to...

    Leave a comment:

Working...