XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dpotter58
    replied
    I'm not going to make it to the XS SE this year. There's a room open now...

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by Outlaw4shrt
    Ben, I think SwampThing will be close to ready if not fully ready by then. Assuming everything works out with DuWayne, SwampThing could be Kurt's project bike for this rally
    I guess at this point it aint gonna happen...

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Scott-
    You'll always be welcome no matter what you're riding!
    Thanks! (giant cheesy grin)

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    Nice!

    Marty, the chrome crowd has switched to the blacked-out crowd.
    Scott-
    You'll always be welcome no matter what you're riding!

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    Thats not much left..so in essence we have the place for ourselves...that has to be a first...
    Nice!

    Marty, the chrome crowd has switched to the blacked-out crowd.

    (puzzled look) I have no idea what's up with that. I don't like it myself but the chrome parts are less expensive than the same parts in gloss or matte black.
    Go figure.

    Other drivers have enough problems seeing bikes so I try to be MORE VISIBLE when I'm riding, not INVISIBLE!

    + 49,999

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Time is up. The resort is open to all on our weekend. Here's what's left.

    6 bunkhouse beds, 4 electric tent sites and plenty of primitive camping.

    Get it before the chrome crowd does!
    Thats not much left..so in essence we have the place for ourselves...that has to be a first...

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Time is up. The resort is open to all on our weekend. Here's what's left.

    6 bunkhouse beds, 4 electric tent sites and plenty of primitive camping.

    Get it before the chrome crowd does!

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Room Reservations Update

    Just a quick update on the Iron Horse room reservations. Our exclusive reservations block ends March 15. After March 15th the Iron Horse will begin taking reservations for any remaining available accommodations from the non-vintage Yamaha general public.

    Even if you are planning to stay in the Bunkhouse or Camp you should get with the I-H before March 15 to reserve and ensure you have a spot.

    fyi:
    Cabins are Sold Out
    RV parking is Sold Out

    What is still available as of Feb 23 is:
    7 Bunkhouse Beds $30 a night
    4 campsites with electric $25 a night +$5 each for extra people
    15+ campsites $20 a night + $5 each for extra people

    Also available are three of the Efficiencies. So get a buddy and split the cost. They are $300 a night. Each are setup differently with sleeper sofa and roll away so you'd need to ask about which efficiency would meet your needs.
    Homestead 2
    Lonestar I
    Lonestar II

    Hawg 1, 2, 3 is Not available on Friday night Sept 28 but Is available Sat night Sept 29 and Sun Sept 30. So if you are interested in Sat & Sun nights then call I-H to get more info on the Hawg room / efficiencies.

    Rally dates Friday Sept 28th to Monday October 1st
    Iron Horse motorcycle lodge Stecoah NC
    Motorcycle Resort in the smoky mountains of North Carolina, the best motorcycle riding in the world - Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28


    or if you'd like to be offsite you can also check with Tuskeegee Motel for availability


    So if you are at all interested in maybe / possibly / might be attending then be safe and reserve something now. You can cancel in July at no cost if your plans change.

    Thanks,
    the VYR planning team

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    FIVE WEEK ROOM RESERVATION COUNTDOWN

    Just a reminder, if you plan on attending the XSSE Vintage Yamaha Rally in September (9/28 to 10/1) and want a bed, make sure to call the Iron Horse and book a cabin or bunkhouse. After March 15, it might be too late.





    Our Rally planning team (Mike, Mike, Paul, Kurt, Nancy, Brent, Marty, Peter and Jeff) is conferring Monthly (actually every two weeks at this point) to plan and organize a fun Rally for 2018.

    Two things we wanted to advise are:
    > Book with Iron Horse by March 15th or after that it is highly likely that all that will be available is dirt to pitch a tent. Tent spot is great if you want to camp but if you prefer a bed, book by Mar 15th. As always, if your plans change you can cancel your reservation up till July 20th.
    > Also RSVP on the vintageyamaharally.com web page so we can get a headcount

    Having an accurate headcount via RSVP will be extremely helpful as the Rally Planning Team continues to prepare for the Rally. If you are staying at the Tuskeegee or some other location and participating in the Rally please RSVP on the Rally web page since we need a total count of attendees. If you are camping, RSVP. That would help us out a bunch ......... Please RSVP if you haven't

    If you've been to XSSE before you know the drill
    If you've never been and are thinking about it, Welcome, it is a fun time

    Thanks,
    Jeff and Mike, Mike, Paul, Kurt, Nancy, Brent, Marty, Peter
    Last edited by JeffH; 02-07-2018, 05:34 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied


    Vintage Yamaha Rally has been updated. Let me know what you think.

    I also posted the following on FB for your consideration.
    Dear friends of XSSE and VYR, We have added a donate button at www.vintageyamaharally.com to enable making small donations via PayPal, if you are so inclined. Please consider a small donation to help cover keeping our website, flyers, business cards and the rally going. A small group of us XSSE organizers have been putting on this rally at our own expense for a number of years and some help in keeping this going would be appreciated.
    Thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by Huron52
    If and I say if I am coming I will either camp or bring the camper. It will be last minute.
    I have an extra bed available in a Mountain side cabin..semi-private rm...you wouldnt need to pack any camping gear...

    Leave a comment:


  • Huron52
    replied
    If and I say if I am coming I will either camp or bring the camper. It will be last minute.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    The resort is going to sell out early. If you'd like a room or a bed in September, the time to reserve is now. Do that by contacting the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge at www.ironhorsenc.com or 828-479-3864, Mon-Fri 9A to 2P (winter hours).



    Leave a comment:


  • Bonz
    replied
    Originally posted by 3Phase
    I know the feeling!

    At Kremmling it was walking across the sharp and insanely loud and crunchy gravel in the middle of the night that was fun. At the Iron Horse there were two rooms with a shared bath so one person would get up and that'd start a late night geezer chain.
    You went to the shower house?...

    LOL, “Geezer chain” is hilarious!

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    I was counting myself amongst the geezers.
    (He says heading back to bed)

    Leave a comment:

Working...