XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Radioguylogs
    replied
    Originally posted by motoman
    Mike, highly likely the shifter return spring( under the shift cover and overtop of shift-shaft) has either come unhooked on either end or coil portion is broke. Either case is most likey the issue causing shifter to not return to next detent position.
    Brant:

    Thanks for input.

    At the time I was going through this bike (2015), I did buy a new OEM spring from Partzilla and installed it correctly- no joy.




    Something must have been bent by the crew that messed up the transmission. The linkage parts are worth a try for $20 and 2 hours - seems like low hanging fruit compared to shift forks and shift drum.

    I'm afraid we are derailing the rally thread- I'll take it up on my old thread when I get back to work on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • motoman
    replied
    Mike, highly likely the shifter return spring( under the shift cover and overtop of shift-shaft) has either come unhooked on either end or coil portion is broke. Either case is most likey the issue causing shifter to not return to next detent position.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbbrian
    replied
    Gulp!

    Oh **** I bought a t-shirt...

    Now I've gone and commited myself

    Leave a comment:


  • Radioguylogs
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Your triple sure is nice, but this....
    Marty:

    You are too kind. That is still an option. I've been riding that SF to work whenever circumstances permit. It's too hot for the Bagger this summer.

    I still need to do something about the sticky gear shift in that SF. If you remember from my 2015 posts, the shift lever sticks in the UP position between gears. Above 3500 RPM, the engine vibration usually gets it to un-stick and be ready for the next shift. I think the low hanging fruit is to change the shift linkage parts under the LH cover. I bought another set of linkage parts from eBay and I have the gasket....just waiting for a break in the action because I think I will have to drop the exhaust to pull off the cover off.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by Radioguylogs
    I'm thinking to bring a Triple again this year because they are under-represented, compared to the XS11.

    I have a second reason now. My brother-in-law has acquired a Triple and he intends to join us at the rally. We can stick together with similar bikes.
    Your triple sure is nice, but this....

    Leave a comment:


  • Radioguylogs
    replied
    I'm thinking to bring a Triple again this year because they are under-represented, compared to the XS11.

    I have a second reason now. My brother-in-law has acquired a Triple and he intends to join us at the rally. We can stick together with similar bikes.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil
    Hi Marty,
    Some of us ride about 1000 miles just to get to this great rally
    Plotting and planning has begun for this years route down and back.

    Phil
    Y'all are extra special. Now, go fix Addie, so we don't have to make you an outcast.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Hi Marty,
    Some of us ride about 1000 miles just to get to this great rally
    Plotting and planning has begun for this years route down and back.

    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by dpotter58
    Does anyone need an excuse for not going?
    How about a reason Marty?
    There's a difference.
    hi DuWayne,
    Sorryto hear you are unable to attend this year. Without you riding along how will i find my way back to the lodge ?

    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by dpotter58
    Does anyone need an excuse for not going?
    How about a reason Marty?
    There's a difference.
    Yes there is. Excuse is what I intended to write. You are not coming for a reason. You are excused.

    Love ya, brother!

    Leave a comment:


  • dpotter58
    replied
    Does anyone need an excuse for not going?
    How about a reason Marty?
    There's a difference.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    We're under 90 days out. How about some chatter! Surely, we can have more than twelve X1100's at this thing! Do you live in the Southeast? Less than a day ride? What's your excuse?

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Vyr 2018

    The rally this year has a bike show. First time ever. It will be a great addition. Looking forward to it. People like to show their stuff. I like to see show quality vintage bikes. Got my shirts ordered. Bike is ready. I am ready.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    The tee shirt sale is on. Go to http://vintageyamaharally.com Click "shop". If you're coming to the rally, there is a dropdown for shipping. Make the pick up at rally selection. Pre-sale only. No shirts for sale at the rally. If you want your shirt shipped, pay the shipping and it will be mailed in October. August 31 is the last day to order. Thanks

    You may still do it the other way if you prefer.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    Actually the Smoky mtns are in TN and the Blue Ridge mtns are in NC..so you might want to add the Blue ridge mtns to the text..IF that doesnt inrease the costs...just a thought...
    actually i am wrong..both mtn ranges span both states...plus VA...

    Leave a comment:

Working...