XS Southeast 2018 Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Outlaw4shrt
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    should i stick my foot in my mouth..to say this early out...that i will be in attendance?? Even if i have to ride a moped..but thats just speaking figuratively.. Wish I still had a vintage bike but i have owned one since 1983..I dont owe nuthin and nuthin owes me...
    Ben, I think SwampThing will be close to ready if not fully ready by then. Assuming everything works out with DuWayne, SwampThing could be Kurt's project bike for this rally

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Yes, I'm yanking your chain. I'm also dead serious. If you have a 50cc Yamaha motorcycle/scooter that is 25 or more years old, this is your rally. Same as if you have a Venture Royale.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Ben, you're always welcome to come hang out with us. There's still time to come up with that vintage Yamaha admission.


    You could turn it into this.
    Gee Thanks Marty...always feeling the love. Many folks have moved beyond the XS11s..Bikes may change but friends are for life..Merry Christams

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by madmax-im
    should i stick my foot in my mouth..to say this early out...that i will be in attendance?? Even if i have to ride a moped..but thats just speaking figuratively.. Wish I still had a vintage bike but i have owned one since 1983..I dont owe nuthin and nuthin owes me...
    Ben, you're always welcome to come hang out with us. There's still time to come up with that vintage Yamaha admission.


    You could turn it into this.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by Outlaw4shrt
    Marty, that thing looks awesome. Is there a write-up anywhere on how to integrate that into our harness? I just bought a switched fuse panel off of eBay to wire in my accessories, but that m unit programmable box looks like it could replace almost all of it.
    Revival Cycles has at least four videos on these things.
    Motorcycles and design are our passion, and we are here to support and foster that passion in creative enthusiasts of all kinds around the world. We want to teach and inspire through our shop. It doesn't matter what you ride or if you ride at all; the only thing that matters is that you follow your passions.


    Dime City sells them as well.
    https://www.dimecitycycles.com/catal...cat=0&q=M+unit
    Dime City has signed on as one of our rally sponsors.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    should i stick my foot in my mouth..to say this early out...that i will be in attendance?? Even if i have to ride a moped..but thats just speaking figuratively.. Wish I still had a vintage bike but i have owned one since 1983..I dont owe nuthin and nuthin owes me...
    Last edited by madmax-im; 12-22-2017, 09:54 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Outlaw4shrt
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    RSVP received. You'll get email updates going forward.

    Let us know if you need any guidance. That Moto Gadget M Unit is looking good.
    Marty, that thing looks awesome. Is there a write-up anywhere on how to integrate that into our harness? I just bought a switched fuse panel off of eBay to wire in my accessories, but that m unit programmable box looks like it could replace almost all of it.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by Outlaw4shrt
    Marty,

    I submitted my reservation to the Iron Horse and RSVP'd on the XS Rally page!

    Now, I'll get back to sorting out the electrical in my bike. It's still a birds nest in there but getting better.

    Adrian
    RSVP received. You'll get email updates going forward.

    Let us know if you need any guidance. That Moto Gadget M Unit is looking good.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Great you got that done. It is looking like we will fill up the house this time exclusively Vintage Yamaha. Our Planning group is meeting in a week to work on new rally activities for 2018. Thanks for posting.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • Outlaw4shrt
    replied
    Marty,

    I submitted my reservation to the Iron Horse and RSVP'd on the XS Rally page!

    Now, I'll get back to sorting out the electrical in my bike. It's still a birds nest in there but getting better.

    Adrian

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Thanks, Marty!

    I got confirmed reservations for Thursday to Monday at the Iron Horse.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    2018 flyer:


    Thanks to XS650.com for hosting the photo.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    The Iron Horse is on winter hours. You should have received an email from me. Someone will be in the office Monday after Thanksgiving.

    Our list of sponsors is growing. Please visit the site and check them out. You have people working hard on this rally already.

    We will be altering the site and adding pages as we figure it out.

    Vintage Yamaha Rally

    If you RSVP, you will receive periodic email updates.

    You have 10 months to get your XS1100 rally ready!

    Leave a comment:


  • 3Phase
    replied
    Marty,

    I did the on-line rezehvup this morning for Thursday, Sept 27 through Monday the 1st. That'll give me somewhere to sleep if I get there early again,

    I'm just waiting for the 'Horse to get back to me and see what's what.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    OK, it's early, but it's time to make a reservation for September. The team is working diligently to get the whole place booked by January. So, do it. Make a plan! Deposit is not due until 28 July.

    Here is the Iron Horse cancellation policy:
    Cancellation Policy: 30 day cancellation policy with a $20.00 cancellation fee per reservation. 30 day notice we will give you a refund minus $20/00 for each reservation cancelled. Cancellations less than 30 days results in forfeiture of entire deposit.
    RSVP at www.vintageyamaharally.com Doing so, will put you on the email list.

    Leave a comment:

Working...