No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2015 discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I confirmed my reservation in the Bunkhouse today. Now I just need to take the cover off the XJ and start riding it again!
    Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Comment

Bunkhouse guy

Originally posted by je2wheeler View Post
      Now that I am four hours and two tanks away, I'll be there.
      Booked a bunk at the bunkhouse. Coming in the night before if plans don't change.
      Completely looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the XS/XJ's
      1979 XS 1100 Special - Nicknamed "MONSTER"

ATC fuse box
      Braded stainless brake lines
      4/2 aftermarket exhaust(temp until stock is re-chromed )
      V-Max auto cam chain adjuster
      Brake light modulator with reserve brake light bypass
      Vetter Windjammer III faring
      Tkat Fork Brace

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed; unlike the citizens of the countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms”
      James Madison, The Federalists Papers

Comment

Originally posted by je2wheeler View Post
        Booked a bunk at the bunkhouse. Coming in the night before if plans don't change.
        Completely looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the XS/XJ's
        Hi je2wheeler,
        The Thursday night will be quiet although you will probably not be alone. I would check with IH if they can feed you or eat before you get there.
        There is a map in the lodge with all kinds of rides so pick one we are not going on and have some fun on Friday.
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

For all the new folks...XSSE has become one of the premier rallies in the USA...the accomodations, the riding the comraderie are second to none...if you have not made this rally you have not lived...LOL...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

If you have made up your mind to come to this thing and you have a FB account, check in as COMING on the event page. It will help with planning. Remember, we have to plan lunch, gas, and bathroom stops. We may have to recruit ride leaders. Getting a good guesstimate might be helpful.

Check in here.

If you've been a regular and you know you're not coming, you can let us know that at the same place. I'm expecting a good turnout this year.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

I have encouraged some of you to come to XSSE from far away. I decided last week to practice what I'm preaching. I rode my XS1100SG to XS East. The trip total was about 2700 miles. I took my time and the trip total was eight days. I spend less than $800. Not bad for such a great time.

Here is my bike in front of the bunkhouse at Willville. I made it part of my trip, both up and back.

So, anyway, get on your bike and ride down to XS Southeast. It's going to be a great time!
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

I dread the 9 hour ride, but I'll be there!
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                  I dread the 9 hour ride, but I'll be there!
                  You can make it fun. I took the back roads. I saw a lot of interesting little towns, wildlife, and historic landmarks. I had as much fun up and back as I did at the rally. I had to, because up and back was six days. The rally was two.

Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

Trip

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                    I have encouraged some of you to come to XSSE from far away. I decided last week to practice what I'm preaching. I rode my XS1100SG to XS East. The trip total was about 2700 miles. I took my time and the trip total was eight days. I spend less than $800. Not bad for such a great time.

Here is my bike in front of the bunkhouse at Willville. I made it part of my trip, both up and back.

So, anyway, get on your bike and ride down to XS Southeast. It's going to be a great time!
                    Good for you Marty. Sounds like a challenging trip for sure. Everything go ok with the bike?
                    1981 XS1100H Venturer
                    K&N Air Filter
                    ACCT
                    Custom Paint by Deitz
                    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                    Stebel Nautilus Horn
                    EBC Front Rotors
                    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
                      Good for you Marty. Sounds like a challenging trip for sure. Everything go ok with the bike?
                      The only issue was the fuel cap. It's not a great touring bike, but it gets the job done! I need to put her on light duty and flog something else. Maybe a Moto Guzzi.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

My last rally

I'm committed to attending but I will most likely be driving and not riding at all...arthritis in my hands and shoulders will see to it that my riding days are done...surgery worked for the carpal tunnel in the right hand but it has done nothing for the arthritis...left hand is so weak and full of pain that I couldnt even pull in the clutch... I have thought about selling the bike but then I would truly be done...fixed income would not allow me to buy another...but the old girl isnt being ridden much either...
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                          I'm committed to attending but I will most likely be driving and not riding at all...arthritis in my hands and shoulders will see to it that my riding days are done...surgery worked for the carpal tunnel in the right hand but it has done nothing for the arthritis...left hand is so weak and full of pain that I couldnt even pull in the clutch... I have thought about selling the bike but then I would truly be done...fixed income would not allow me to buy another...but the old girl isnt being ridden much either...
                          Saddest thing I've heard all week Ben. Saddest thing seen was that '79 Special being customized . . .
                          1979 XS1100F
                          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Hey Ben, cheer up buddy, X S people love you even when you arrive in the cage. You have been at rallies that I have attended without a bike. Some of the greatest people in the world attend these rallies & your invited. NOT your last rally!! Gary

Comment

Don't worry buddy,I will most likely be in my cage if I am able to attend.Pretty sure my 11 would make it but not the rider.Just seeing a bunch of 11's together would make the trip worth while.Besides I wanna hear some of the lies being swapped.
                              '80 XS1100 SG
                              Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

some days are better than others...i plan to trailer the bike up there and ride if it feels right or not if it doesnt...there is something special about going to these rallies and this one would be hard to miss...
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X