XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
    Good news is that I'll be attending this afterall...but it was close...so looking forward to seeing the usual suspects and meeting some new ones too...4 days left!!!
    .......yea, but this thread is useless without a later pic to prove it........lol. Be safe out there Ben.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
      .......yea, but this thread is useless without a later pic to prove it........lol. Be safe out there Ben.
      Thanks Brant...ST is primed for takeoff...weather guessers say its gonna be pretty nice...we'll see. dont worry I'm sure there'll be alot of incriminating evidence...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Awards

Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
        With all this polishing going on...........are we having a bike show? What is first place prize?

MP
        Bike show? not really. We do not park them for judging and observation. We go riding instead. After supper saturday night we voted on many categories. A "Hauley Award", orange & black, went to the bike trailered the shortest distance to the rally.

Keep up with distance ridden to rally. Distance award.

First place prize last year went to cagtegory "most ridden least washed". It is a riders rally. Prize was a micro fiber cloth, appropriately labeled.

Might have a new award for bike made of parts from the most different models. ?Any suggestions for name of this award?

Best bike went to a classic Honda gold wing that still ran well. It is a classic riders rally. New bikes can ride with us, but the classic bikes are revered.

It was fun.
        It is a great big beautiful world out there
        Brent in GA
        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Just packing to leave, Wednesday and Thursday look like rain here in the North, so hope to get past it today

Ted and Heather

Comment

• Iron Horse Dinner Menu's

For those of you that have "Registered" at the Iron Horse you should have received an email today about this weekends Menu. Remember, if you have a Roommate you need to FORWARD the email to your roommate -or- Order for your Roommate on your I-H account. Two Things to Note: #1- there is NO Sunday Dinner available?? (I don't see it, but I'm blind) #2- Guess we order Breakfast the Evening Before if we want a more than Coffee

Jeff

Hello! We are looking forwarding to seeing you next (think they mean 'this') weekend.

In order to make things a little easier we are sending you dinner tickets for your meal choices during your stay, dinner is served 6:30p-8:30p. Please take a moment to fill them out and email them back to us. This will expedite your check in and help us with meal planning. Breakfast meals are also available during your stay from 7:30a-9a, and menus will be available when you check in.

We are also pleased to announce the addition of a Massage Therapist to the Ironhorse this year, please see attached for more information.

Thank you & have a safe trip!

Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge
            1755 Lower Stecoah Rd
            Robbinsville, NC 28771
            828-479-3864

Directions for filling out form: Save Excel document to your computer, Fill out the Yellow highlighted Name fields & the quantities for what you would like to order, Close the document and save the changes, Reply to the original email message & Attach the Saved document
            Or Print the document, Fill out the yellow Name fields & the quantities of what you would like to order, Scan to your computer & email to us or you can Fax it to 828-479-4589

Name: (Thurs) Sept 27
            Quantity / Price
            $8.95 Fried Chicken with choice of 2 sides

$10.95 Fried Shrimp with choice of 2 sides

Sides:
            Green Beans
            Garlic Mashed Potatoes
            Sliced tomatoes
            $1.99 for Iced Tea/Coffee

Name: (Fri) Sept 28
            Quantity / Price
            $9.50 BBQ Pork with choice of 2 sides

$9.50 Hot Biker Chick breast w buffalo ranch sauce melted cheese & bacon w choice of 2 sides

$9.95 Beef Brisket with choice of 2 sides

Choose 2 Sides
            Baked Beans
            Baked Potato Casserole
            Coleslaw
            $1.99 for Ice Tea or coffee

Name:
            (Sat) Sept 29
            Quantity / Price
            $15.95 8oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar & Baked Potato

$18.95 12oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar, & Baked Potato

$12.95 Salmon, Salad Bar & Baked Potato

$7.95 Salad Bar & Baked Potato

Potato Choice:
            $6.95 Salad Bar Only

$1.99 for Ice Tea (Regular or Sweet) or coffee

Choose (2) Sides

See ya soon, Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• got the email...but no printer to fax it and my computer wont download their files for some reason so I just emailed them my dinner options so i hope that'll work....Phil send me your email and I can forward this to you asap
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the menu, they had asked me to just call them back, so I would think that they would ACCEPT an email with the order clearly written/documented in it!

BNE, go to this website: www.openoffice.org and download the FREE suite for your operating system ie. winXP, and the install it. IT is a free office style suite that will open all of the Microsoft OFFICE type documents, Word, Excel, etc. Since 2010, OFFICE changed their file structure, so that they have an "X" at the end of their file name designator ie. document.docx .

So if you have an earlier version of MS Office, 2007 or earlier, that's probably why it won't open. But if you don't have any OFFICE program, then that's also why you can't open it since they said it was an EXCEL document which is a spreadsheet type document. HTH!

The weather forecasts so far are cloudy with only 20-30% rain chances, hopefully that will diminish as the weekend gets nearer!?

T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  got the email...but no printer to fax it and my computer wont download their files for some reason so I just emailed them my dinner options so i hope that'll work....Phil send me your email and I can forward this to you asap
                  Hi Ben I have copies already, I have the same problem. Will have to find a 10 year old to figure out the computer or do what you did and email them.
                  Phil
                  1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                  2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                    Hi Ben I have copies already, I have the same problem. Will have to find a 10 year old to figure out the computer or do what you did and email them.
                    Phil
                    Phil...email them at...
                    resv@ironhorsenc.com
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• So let me get this straight. We'll be getting there Friday afternoon, and leaving Monday morning, so is everyone eating there Friday evening, Saturday morning, Saturday night and Sunday morning? Am I correct that most wanted to go find a different location for Sunday evening? Also, I guess I'll make an order for Monday morning unless they want to leave out earlier than that. We can discuss that after we get there.

Also, does the IH have a problem with me skipping their iced tea and bringing in a beer or three to wash down dinner with? (Or for Greg to wash down his breakfast..) lol.
                      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100
                      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• You know I have a couple before breakfast and then have sweet tea with my bacon Tod.

I don't see a breakfast menu in your post Jeff.
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig View Post
                          So let me get this straight. We'll be getting there Friday afternoon, and leaving Monday morning, so is everyone eating there Friday evening, Saturday morning, Saturday night and Sunday morning? Am I correct that most wanted to go find a different location for Sunday evening? Also, I guess I'll make an order for Monday morning unless they want to leave out earlier than that. We can discuss that after we get there.

Also, does the IH have a problem with me skipping their iced tea and bringing in a beer or three to wash down dinner with? (Or for Greg to wash down his breakfast..) lol.
                          Tod,

You have it right. Since Graham is a dry county, the Iron Horse has no liquor license to protect. Therefore, they will have no problem with you washing your dinner down with the adult beverage of your choice.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

• Greg,

You'll be able to order your breakfasts when you show up on Friday.
                            Marty (in Mississippi)
                            XS1100SG
                            XS650SK
                            XS650SH
                            XS650G
                            XS6502F
                            XS650E

Comment

• Ok..............
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig View Post
                                So let me get this straight. We'll be getting there Friday afternoon, and leaving Monday morning, so is everyone eating there Friday evening, Saturday morning, Saturday night and Sunday morning? Yes, most will do this since it is so convenient especially the dinners. Breakfast for some is just coffee or just enough toast to not get hungry before lunch.

Am I correct that most wanted to go find a different location for Sunday evening? Yes, I don't think I-H offers a Sunday night Dinner. Sounds like some are planning 30 minute ride over to Bryson City for Sun PM dinner.

Also, I guess I'll make an order for Monday morning unless they want to leave out earlier than that. We can discuss that after we get there.

Also, does the IH have a problem with me skipping their iced tea and bringing in a beer or three to wash down dinner with? (Or for Greg to wash down his breakfast..) lol. No, last year I was downing my food with Dewar's 12 on the rocks and using their ice.

See you Friday night
                                Jeff
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                                X