XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
    I am really looking forward to this trip as well. Mounting a new rear tire tomorrow and going to clean and tune the carbs.

Greg, it doesn't have to be raining for you to drink a beer or 20

Your just embarrassed because when I showed up at your place a couple weeks ago you had to go back to the store for more beer and you and James had hangovers the next morning.

You were pretty green at breakfast.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Your just embarrassed because when I showed up at your place a couple weeks ago you had to go back to the store for more beer and you and James had hangovers the next morning.

You were pretty green at breakfast.
      Yeah, what was i thinking that a thirty pack would be enough for us three. Next time i will be better prepared. And i really didn't feel that bad considering.
      Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
      '82 XJ1100
      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
        Yeah, what was i thinking that a thirty pack would be enough for us three. Next time i will be better prepared. And i really didn't feel that bad considering.
        I don't know why. You REALLY don't drink that much.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• getting bike ready

Been getting my 80 XS1100SG ready. It needed some deferred maintenance performed. I could bring another bike. Darrel, You are coming. Right?
          I would hate for Darrel to miss seeing it and proceed to impeach me as VP. (Been seeing him at rallys for 10 years, but when I bring my XS he is not at that rally)

Greased stearing head bearings. That Fixed head shake. Dragon Tamer Gary told me how by leaving wheel, forks etc. on. Smooth, like a different bike.
          new front tire (it has scale designs on sidewall) TC you should see this.
          new front brakes (only one side worn out??) Brakes dragging. cleaned caliper, installed Stainless brake lines disassembled & cleaned rear master cylinder

installed V-max & warrior parts; not for speed - russell brake lines
          Changed fork oil. adusted air shocks, front & rear. Checked final drive, topped up middledrive, lubed throttle & clutch cables. Greased drive shaft (25 squirts 25cc) Lubed brake pedal, kickstand & center stand. lubed foot pegs & highway pegs. lubed U-joint

maybe tomarrow - clean & oil air filter. lube speedo cable Clean & polish (I never should have parked next to Bohn)

Looking forward to it. Iron Horse in about a week.
          It is a great big beautiful world out there
          Brent in GA
          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Y'all are making me feel bad as we get closer as there are so many things still to do before I leave. Had planned to work on it after getting home tomorrow, but my friend is going in for some major surgery in the morning so I am delaying my departure til Sunday.

I am gonna just do an oil change Sunday night, top off MD & FD, mount my windshield and pack.
            It will be fine.

It will be fine.

It will be fine.

John
            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• One week to go!!!
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

• Originally posted by yamahansolo View Post
                The two people from Mexico... newyork that is...
                I believe only one of those two you speak of is Mexican. The other is from downstate.
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

• Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                  I believe only one of those two you speak of is Mexican. The other is from downstate.
                  OFC they're coming Chris...they have the room right across from me...that is if I make it ...LOL
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Didn't know for sure I hadn't seen them post. I thought they may be down here somewhere riding around. I hope I can get mine all polished up before the trip its a little dirty
                    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                    8mm msd wires
                    tkat fork brace...
                    Fox shocks...
                    mikes650 front fender
                    led's gallore...
                    renthal bars
                    gold valve emulators
                    vmax tensioner
                    Rifle fairing

Comment

• Leave it dirty so ours won't look so bad when we get there...........
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• How Many?

Does anyone know how many of us are a) going to the rally and b) how many are staying at the Iron Horse?

MP
                        1981 XS1100H Venturer
                        K&N Air Filter
                        ACCT
                        Custom Paint by Deitz
                        Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                        Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                        Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                        Stebel Nautilus Horn
                        EBC Front Rotors
                        Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• The Iron Horse is full. Several are at the Tuskeegee Motel. A few checked in staying at the Kickstand Lodge, and one called me saying he was at the Two Wheel Inn. Potentially, our group is big.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

• [QUOTE=Brent;390303]Been getting my 80 XS1100SG ready. It needed some deferred maintenance performed. I could bring another bike. Darrel, You are coming. Right?
                            I would hate for Darrel to miss seeing it and proceed to impeach me as VP. (Been seeing him at rallys for 10 years, but when I bring my XS he is not at that rally)
                            [QUOTE]

I'll be there. You could just be borrowing the XS.
                            Darrell
                            78E
                            80G project
                            06FJR

Comment

• I've seen you on the Buell and the Harley, have yet to see the XS other than in pics.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Is it Photoshop?

John
                                John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                                '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                                Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
                                X