No announcement yet.

XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I realize I may not be a trusted source, but I've witnessed this with my own eyes.

Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

• I too have not only witnessed Brent riding that ol' Yammie but actually rode a rally with him to boot...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• I thinkl I can just see the |Harley he tows behind that thing
        Definitely Brent on his XS.
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
          Does anyone know how many of us are a) going to the rally and b) how many are staying at the Iron Horse?

MP
          To answer your question:
          a) Not Sure b) Not Sure

This is pretty much an informal event. No event fee etc.

I do know that I have about 30 folks picking up their Rally Shirts at I-H. Likely we will maybe have 35'ish riding on Saturday (maybe more) with less on Sunday.

I-H has also booked other people / groups for our weekend so it is tough to tell how many in the XS11 Rally Group are staying at I-H. In that past we have had about 5 riders that show up and ride with us that are not part of XS11. They also stayed at I-H last year and had dinner with us and participated in the bs sessions. As Marty has mentioned we will likely have 3 or 4 (or 10) Vintage Japanese bikes / riders show up this year.

Whatever the number we always have a great time rain or shine.

Jeff

ps. The Atlanta meet point is moving a bit north this year. Likely up I-985 to Cornelia / Baldwin. I'm staying at Days Inn Level Grove Road on Thursday night. Phil and Don will be staying there too. Likely we will meet Brent there Fri AM and meet up with Marty and maybe Chris to head over the mountain to I-H. Send me a PM is interested in joining us!
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Iron Horse Menu & Ordering

Just to confirm the I-H meal process for next weekend:
            Iron Horse will be emailing their Friday / Saturday / Sunday Menus to "those that have already Registered" at the Iron Horse. (When you registered you likely gave them your email address.) Therefore expect to get your menu email from I-H either late tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday.

Note: the email will ONLY be sent to the Registered person(s). If you are 'Sharing-a-Room' with someone then you will need to make sure you forward your email to your roommate so they can contact I-H with their Menu Selection.

For those that are planning to Eat at I-H -but- Stay somewhere else then we need to make sure you also get a copy of the Menu email so you can contact I-H directly with your selections.

After sunset it gets scary dark and bigfoot roams. Remember Eric Robert Rudolph hid from the feds almost 5 years in these mountains even with massive resources & technology deployed in the search.

If you want dinner at I-H on Friday night be sure you respond to the email you get. I will try and post the info as soon as I get my Menu email from the I-H. Just a heads up to be watching your email Inbox before hitting the road to western NC.

Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Thanks Jeff...
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Hi Jeff,
                What time is dinner on Friday night?
                Is it the group intention to dine at IH on Sunday?

Phil
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• Just in case anyone cares. I spent the afternoon working on the bike.
                  If i knew what I was doing it would go a lot faster the work that is
                  The good news is it still runs great. The bad is that the aux lights and volt meter are still not wired though they are (mechanically) attached.
                  The new front tire installed last week is holding air
                  I can not reach the drain plug to drain the oil without removing the filter which i can not remove without taking off the exhaust...... so the oil is yet to be changed.
                  My GPS lost it's logarithm or what ever it uses to calculate so while it still knows where it is it is confused about where to go and how to get there.
                  I bought a new one on Monday and the RAM mount has arrived so navigation is sorted.
                  To morrow HamJam is going to work his magic on the electrics

Phil
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                    Hi Jeff,
                    What time is dinner on Friday night?
                    Is it the group intention to dine at IH on Sunday?

Phil
                    There has been some discussion about maybe having dinner in bryson city which is 30 min ride from I-H. Some may eat at I-H on Sunday pm but likely just a few.

For me, I'll likely just snag a subway or some fruit and yogurt and sardines in Robbinsville grocery after riding the Cherohala Skyway to eat at I-H on Sun pm. After steak and BBQ and southern I'll be ready to skip a meal.

Jeff
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Only 4 days to post time Phil. You better get busy.

The 4 into 1 that used to be on ol' Okie was a PITA too so it's hanging on the wall in the garage.

All I need to do is change the oil and saddle up, then just drop me on the pavement and watch me go.
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• I'd prefer we NOT drop you on the pavement this trip

John
                        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• JeffH said:
                          After sunset it gets scary dark and bigfoot roams.
                          I didn't think Harry had gotten there YET?!

I wrote I-H last week regarding the meal order for non-I-H residents, and they said that they didn't have that week's menu ready yet, but that I should call them the week before our EVENT, so Monday I'll give them a shout, but it would be NICE Jeff, if you or someone who receives the MENU could POST it in here!

I'm down here in the deep south....Enterprise, AL. visiting mom for a week, and then I'll be at the Tuskeegee Friday, and then of course at the I-H.
                          I reckon I'll be receiving the "Curt Marsh Harley Award" this year since Godzilla is a Trailer KING, but SWMBO won't let me ride this far alone on just the bike! Besides, it's better on my back/butt this way, I can drink and eat and play tunes and such and not be road weary when I arrive, so that I can truly enjoy the twisties all fresh and alert!

That said, I feel for you guys, Harry, Todd, Greg, and the Canucks, and anyone else riding 500+ miles on their bikes to get to the I-H. Be safe!!!

T.C.
                          T. C. Gresham
                          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                          History shows again and again,
                          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• Phil...I PM'd you pls respond soon....
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• We've got it split into 2 legs. Thursday we'll all meet in Little Rock and ride on to Memphis and spend the night. Friday we'll ride from Memphis to Stecoah. That's only about 450 miles so we should be there by early evening Friday.

No sweat.
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                                I'd prefer we NOT drop you on the pavement this trip

John
                                Yeah, and I hope you can keep ot ON the pavement this time. No off roading John.
                                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X