Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
    BTW that map is out of date...
    What? Did north move further south when I wasn't looking?
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• According to that map, you will not have to cross the border into the North to attend this rally we will now call XS Southeast. So, Indian Territory counts as the South?
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

• Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
        According to that map, you will not have to cross the border into the North to attend this rally we will now call XS Southeast. So, Indian Territory counts as the South?
        Nope, it's a straight shot east on I40. we'll have to ride the full breadth of Tennessee.

That map is of the northern and southern states during the civil war I believe. The western states mostly remained neutral.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Bryson City

I know the town of Bryson City fairly well. There are several restauarants.

There is Guayabitos Mexican, Anthony's Italian and several others. Also a micro brewery there too (2 doors down from Anthony's). They have the Corn Hole game inside and live music on the weekends. Either of these locations can handle a lot of people and there is plenty of parking.

Cherokee is 15 minutes from BC. Maggie Valley is about 45 mins to 1 hour from BC. So there are options.

I will be in BC this coming weekend (9/14-16/12). So if you want me to find out anything, let me know.

MP
          1981 XS1100H Venturer
          K&N Air Filter
          ACCT
          Custom Paint by Deitz
          Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
          Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
          Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
          Stebel Nautilus Horn
          EBC Front Rotors
          Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            That map is of the northern and southern states during the civil war I believe. The western states mostly remained neutral.
            That is because they weren't states yet

John

Here is hoping Fall arrives in NC before WE do.
            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
              That is because they weren't states yet

John

Here is hoping Fall arrives in NC before WE do.
              I dont say Fall but it would appear Autuum has arrived...after hot and humid weather for months on end...finally a break in the pattern. After a stormy day yesterday we've finally a day in the low 70's and crystal clear skies...humidity is just abt non-existant...
              Good thing as I have to ride 60 miles to a friend's house.to refurbish my rear brakes...replace the worn rotor,,,pads and rebuild the caliper...then I'll be ready to head back out there
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• I went to the XS650 Society rally over the weekend in Townsend, TN. I rode "The Dragon" yesterday and today, and the Cherohala Skyway yesterday. The Skyway was cool, wet, and in the clouds. There were no police when we passed through 129 Saturday. Sunday morning there were two Tennessee State Troopers at the west entrance, and all clear after that. It was 54 degrees in Townsend this morning at our departure. Even with Saturday afternoon rain, it was a great weekend in the mountains on bikes.

Three weeks to go!
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

• Back to the raily

HI ALL

Gary and I Are looking forward to see all of you . Thanks Marty for all your work getting everything ready.

XSively
                  Bruce
                  Bruce Gerken
                  '79 XS1100SF
                  "The Black"
                  '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                  The Red Sled.
                  St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

• 3 more weeks

rear brakes are back and so am i...now i just gotta make it thru til the end of this month...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• XS Southeast 2012

For clarity, I have started a new threat with the title XS Southeast @ Iron Horse to list the details of this event. Two weeks from today, some of you will already be on the road.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

• Anybody know if those 2 crazy mexicans are coming?
                        " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                        xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                        8mm msd wires
                        tkat fork brace...
                        Fox shocks...
                        mikes650 front fender
                        led's gallore...
                        renthal bars
                        gold valve emulators
                        vmax tensioner
                        Rifle fairing

Comment

• Originally posted by yamahansolo View Post
                          Anybody know if those 2 crazy mexicans are coming?
                          ???
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

• ??? Jose and Quervo? lol.
                            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100
                            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• Less than 2 weeks, I can hardly wait.
                              Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
                              Current rides:
                              80 XS1100SG
                              82 JX1100
                              83 Venture Royale
                              86 V-Max

Comment

• Dont think I'm gonna make this one...

Ok folks I have to post that I may not make this...as of right now...I am broke and i wont have any cash flow until the 30th of this month..plus my prescription blood pressure meds need to be renewed but I have to see the Dr first and ofc no $ for that either....If anyone wants my bed I am sharing room 103 in cabin 1 with MaximPhil...pM me and I straighten it out with the Lodge..if not then Phil will be by himself and I'll still pay the difference...As it is I have also just discovered that my effing rear tire needs to be replaced again...for the 3rd frikken time this year...so I dont think this one is in the cards for me...so to say.
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X