No announcement yet.

XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I recall, you will pay for everything when you check out on Sunday or Monday. You'll probably pick your dinners before you leave home, via. email .
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

• room in tent

Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
      Well that's just it.... It is still up in the air if I'll show up or not.

I think someone said the Brent has a lot of room in his tent????
      Sure would be good to see you again Tom. Might be your best chance to see my XS. Yes, I should have some room for you. It would take you at least a week to see all the good roads between Hendersonville & Stecoah.
      It is a great big beautiful world out there
      Brent in GA
      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
        As I recall, you will pay for everything when you check out on Sunday or Monday. You'll probably pick your dinners before you leave home, via. email .

What if they don't know I'm coming? lol. I haven't contacted them because I'll be staying in Brent's tent. I guess I need to call them anyway. I was going to see how much for just the bedding and a pillow since I'll be bringing an air mattress. I'll ask them about meals then. I'd prefer not to eat every meal at the same place though... May have to check out that other place you mentioned.
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• Extra Person in Tent is going to cost $5 a night unless you divide up the total cost with Brent and the other tent mates. (which I guess would then be $9 bucks each?) Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge is in the Nantahala National Forest and is pretty remote, meaning there are limited services (restaurants or anything but mountains) within the immediate area. Most attendees prefer to socialize and have dinner at I-H rather than get back on the bike and attempt a Big Foot sighting. As Ben said, you need to place your meal order ahead of time just so I-H staff can go get the right stuff to fill each meal order. Last year they did take dinner orders the day before or in the am for that evenings dinner. Not that big a deal. They have small kitchen / prep area and don't have large food storage coolers like a restaurant.

Jeff

Iron Horse states:
          Tent Camping (you bring everything) $15 per tent, 1 person per night. $20.00 per tent, 2 people per night.

$5.00 each additional person per tent, per night. Plenty of sites along the creek. Does not include towels, towels available for .50¢ each.

BATH HOUSE: We provide separate bathhouses for men and women. Both bathhouses have private dressing room with each shower. Hair dryers are provided in the bathhouse. Washer and dryer also available.

1 month to go!
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• There was a little eatery at the junction of 28 and Lower Stecoah Rd when I was there, but looking at GoogleMaps, looks like it may be something else now?
            80 SG
            81 SH in parts
            99 ST1100
            91 ST1100

Comment

• Dean, you probably already know this, but the sattlelite images on google maps is always a few years behind. Interestingly enough, the street view is also a year or two behind, but does not correspond to the overhead view for time period. I have looked at different areas of the country and found that the name of a place or color of the building is different between the two.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                There was a little eatery at the junction of 28 and Lower Stecoah Rd when I was there, but looking at GoogleMaps, looks like it may be something else now?
                It was there in April. It's a little diner. Dinner at the Iron Horse is good. It's not as good as the food was at TWO, but it's good. I was there in April for the XS650 rally and had pork barbecue on Friday and prime rib on Saturday. Dinner in the lodge is fun.

Last year (XS650 rally) we had a documentary about making moonshine playing on the big screen while we had dinner, followed by a screening of "The World's Fastest Indian" while we ate popcorn and enjoyed adult beverages by the fire. It was raining heavily outside. On Saturday night we watched videos of the day's ride, once again, on the big screen. The lodge at the Iron Horse is great for fellowship.
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

• The meals were good at I-H however for someone like me who has salt restrictons i found the food overly seasoned...especailly the prime rib...I will have to call them and see what if anything they could do to accomodate me. And as has been said the I-H is in a remote location...nearest town would be Robbinsville so there arent alot of alternatives close by...Last year the Stecoah diner was closed but it ould be nice to have an alternative place to eat.
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Places to eat

There are several restaurants in Bryson City, where they also serve/sell adult beverages 7 days a week. Anything from Mexican to Pizza can be had there.

I think only 30 minutes away.

MP
                    1981 XS1100H Venturer
                    K&N Air Filter
                    ACCT
                    Custom Paint by Deitz
                    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                    Stebel Nautilus Horn
                    EBC Front Rotors
                    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
                      There are several restaurants in Bryson City, where they also serve/sell adult beverages 7 days a week. Anything from Mexican to Pizza can be had there.

I think only 30 minutes away.

MP
                      Good to know...its really convienient to have meals at the lodge for obvious reasons...and bringing in adult beverages is permitted...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• I think there are some good eateries in Bryson City and I will likely explore that option on Sunday evening. Please keep in mind that the Iron Horse is a business. They provide many amenities for their guests that we take full advantage of. Please consider this when you choose where to take your meals, especially if you choose to sleep somewhere else.

I believe this venue suits everyone's needs better than any other single option. You can camp, bunkhouse, or choose room options. There's also a nearby hotel. We have been exploring other venues, but none have as many options as the Iron Horse. What's available in the region usually means everyone in a tent or everyone in rooms.

For those attending the rally, I look forward to your feedback. I'd like to know if you'll continue to attend if we stay here, or will it get stale? Like everyone else who used to stay there, I miss TWO, but that option closed.

Our rally is less than four weeks away. It looks like we may have a record turnout. We have a tee shirt for the first time. (Only a couple days left to put in for those) We have folks coming from out west for the first time. We've put some planning into this gathering and I'm excited about it.

I'll see y'all at the Iron Horse!
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

• We're looking forward to it also Marty. I know you've seen Brent eat but an all you can eat buffet is pretty much the norm for us wild eyed southern boys.

Just sayin'
                          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                            We're looking forward to it also Marty. I know you've seen Brent eat but an all you can eat buffet is pretty much the norm for us wild eyed southern boys.
                            Just sayin'
                            Thought y'all was Midwesterners...unless my geography aint right...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Ok you're a southern midwesterner...BTW that map is out of date...
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X