No announcement yet.

XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, left yesterday morning with dry weather. 30 miles later I pick up a nail and destroy my front tire. Then the rain hit hard. I got to a dealer and they fixed me up. Made it to lexington ky. Rained most of the way. Woke up to more rain. I'm in a dark place right now.

Comment

• That is crazy on the weather. I was in Chicago yesterday, then South Bend Indiana and now in Cincy, have not seen rain in a week.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

• We have arrived 2:30, Cabin 402, unpacked and enjoying the fresh air. Will go look for others.

Ted and Heather

Comment

• Some wet roads this morning and a short downpour on top of a mountain but overall a great ride. I sure am glad i made the ride out here. Beautiful country and great roads.
          Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
          '82 XJ1100
          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Iron Horse 2012

I attended my first XS rally this weekend and it was a good one. Made the ride on Saturday, and even though we got heavy rain late, it was not enough to spoil the good time. I am sure that there will be many interesting stories posted later.

I was very impressed with the Iron Horse. It's the perfect place for a rally. Very nice facility and what better location than the North Carolina area of the Smoky Mountains? It was really good to meet everyone in person. I got a lot of good friendly XSive information first hand.

The new (to me) Venturer performed flawlessly as hoped and thanks to you all for your complements. My brother Buddy (on a Beamer) also enjoyed himself at the rally.

I hope everything goes well on the Sunday Ride. The weather forecast is much better.

Everyone be safe going home.

Later, MP

Some Rally Pix:

1981 XS1100H Venturer
            K&N Air Filter
            ACCT
            Custom Paint by Deitz
            Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
            Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
            Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
            Stebel Nautilus Horn
            EBC Front Rotors
            Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Getting ready to head back west this morning. We have to get a new rear tire for JWHughes3's bike, the air is showing.

Had a great time despite the weather. Great roads and we tore them up.

Got to meet some people and put faces to the names I've been talking to over the years.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Y'all come back now...Y'hear?

Be safe everyone and have a good ride home...a rally like this isnt a one time affair...It seems to get better every year...This is the most successful SE XSive riders rally that I've been to. Of the 16 bikes of vintage I counted...14 were XS/XJ's with one XS650 and one 1981(2) Honda Goldwing. Thats quite an impressive showing if you ask me...hopefully by next year I too will be on another vintage XS. I will post up my 100 pics as soon as they're loaded into PB. Its always good to meet folks that you've only previously spoken to online...and it goes a long way to healing the old wounds of a couple yrs ago...and that we have more in common interests than we have differences.
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• heres my 100 pics...as usual unless i load them individually they come out in reverse order...but sequence isnt important here...Warning some pics might seem offensive but smiley crap is implied... All in good fun...LOL
                  http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...0Rally%202012/
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• So how many XS11 were there out of how many total? XSEast was kind of sparse on the XS11s.
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

• Made it home about an hour or 2 ago.
                      Awesome time! Glad we got to meet some of those western folks. We had a lot of people this time! Can't wait to do it again.
                      " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                      xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                      8mm msd wires
                      tkat fork brace...
                      Fox shocks...
                      mikes650 front fender
                      led's gallore...
                      renthal bars
                      gold valve emulators
                      vmax tensioner
                      Rifle fairing

Comment

• Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                        So how many XS11 were there out of how many total? XSEast was kind of sparse on the XS11s.
                        Hey Don did you not read my previous post?????
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Thank you to all of you who showed up and made this a great weekend. I'm anxious to learn everyone made it home safely. Some have a long way to go.
                          Last edited by jetmechmarty; 10-01-2012, 04:07 PM.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

• home again

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                            I realize I may not be a trusted source, but I've witnessed this with my own eyes. Also that saddlebag contains proof of insurance cards for many continuous years. These were offered for Darrels inspection as evidence of ownership after suggestions of "a stolen bike" were overheard in the thrum of an FJR exhaust note.

Pre ride, scouting, Rally work; It is a tough job, but somebody has got to do it.

Home safe. Rain, but previous majic quick fix worked on coils & wires; All 4 cylinders hitting all the time even WET (except at idle). What a wonderful rally weekend. Well worth the trip!!

Quote from one of the FOXS11 (Former Owner of XS11) "Came for the bike, stayed for the people."
                            It is a great big beautiful world out there
                            Brent in GA
                            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Burr and I arrived about 2:30 today. Rode until about 11:00 last night trying to beat the storm. Riding RT-19 in the mountains at night was a lot of fun. Was in the rain for about 2 hours this morning then it cleared up by Lexington.
                              Darrell
                              78E
                              80G project
                              06FJR

Comment

• I got home at 4:30 pm. This was my first XS11 rally and I am making plans to be back next year. Thanks to everyone that helped make this a great rally.

Earl H
                                80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
                                and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

Working...
                                X