No announcement yet.

XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• packed and ready to go. for the weather off and on rain. should change when i start going south, but first must go west, to catch 81s.
    got a room in bristol tn. then ride in to I H .

see u all there
    earl g
    80 xs1100G

Comment

• Tod,Harry and I are at the Yammy dealer in Russelville Ar getting a new front tire on my bike. I hit something on the highway,went airborn for a bit and ruined the front tire.

I thought I was going down but managed to get it stopped. I don't ever want to experience that again
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Easy ride so far, we missed all the rain and other drama

In Asheville now for the night, we will be at IH around noon Friday

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          Tod,Harry and I are at the Yammy dealer in Russelville Ar getting a new front tire on my bike. I hit something on the highway,went airborn for a bit and ruined the front tire.

I thought I was going down but managed to get it stopped. I don't ever want to experience that again
          Cripes! Glad you're okay...just prolly need to do some laundry tho'...hope the rim is okay.
          Be careful out there folks...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Well, I made it back from Germany! Not without drama, but I'm home. It's a 100 mile drive to the Iron Horse. I guess I should make sure my bike will start.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

• I am lying under a tree by Loves in Little Rock waiting og Greg, Tod and Harry. Feel like a homeless person. Prolly look like one too.

Lost my license plate somewhere bwtween Lufkin and Arkansas. If anybody finds it please let me know.

Trying to figure what to do about it. Thinking of makng a cardboard temp one with my number on it. Not sure if it matters. I have tried to be good as a result. Had an Arkansas Trooper on my ass for 15 miles at 45 mph on a back road qnd he didnt try to stop me.

Got a pic of my bike from yesterday with plate and expiration sticker if stopped. No reg. Its home since we dont carry it in tx.
              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• I am packed and setting on ready. I will be pulling out around 7:00 am tomorrow. I hope to be there before dinner.

Earl H
                80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
                and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

• The alternator on my XS fried on the way home today. I'm currently searching through my spart parts to find a good stator coil. I know I have one and I will be there tomorow.
                  Safe trip everyone, see ya tomorow.
                  Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
                  Current rides:
                  80 XS1100SG
                  82 JX1100
                  83 Venture Royale
                  86 V-Max

Comment

• John I have a couple of old Georgia plates... maybe if there was something on there they wouldn't pull you over... I can throw one in my bag...
                    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                    8mm msd wires
                    tkat fork brace...
                    Fox shocks...
                    mikes650 front fender
                    led's gallore...
                    renthal bars
                    gold valve emulators
                    vmax tensioner
                    Rifle fairing

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                      Cripes! Glad you're okay...just prolly need to do some laundry tho'...hope the rim is okay.
                      Be careful out there folks...
                      Yeah, I'm fine except for the heart attack I had while trying to get that thing backed down and upright from 75mph with a flat front.

Yes I do need clean shorts now and there is crease in my seat too.

$145 dollars and three hours later we got back on the road. In Memphis now waiting for Harry and Tod to get back from the beer store.
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Hey John,

YES, I would write out "LOST PLATE" and then the license # below that and afix it to your plate holder. IF they stop you they can check that # with the DMV and your driver's License for ID purposes to verify that it's not a stolen bike!!

Greg....geez that sounds close, glad you were able to hang on!! Keep the shiny side up!

Leaving tomorrow AM, expect to roll in there around 4pm or so. Hope it stays DRY for us. See you all there!

T.C.
                        T. C. Gresham
                        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                        History shows again and again,
                        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Red View Post
                          I will be pulling out around 7:00 am tomorrow.

Earl H
                          At least someone is getting some.
                          Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                          '82 XJ1100
                          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                            Yeah, I'm fine except for the heart attack I had while trying to get that thing backed down and upright from 75mph with a flat front.

Yes I do need clean shorts now and there is crease in my seat too.

$145 dollars and three hours later we got back on the road. In Memphis now waiting for Harry and Tod to get back from the beer store.
                            $145??? My god thats highway robbery..where'd ya go to a hardley dealer???
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Here is my replacement. Should work outside Texas

John
                              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• coming off graveyard shift @ 8 then get some zzzz's before heading out today...should leave around 1pm and arrive by 5 or 6...see you all tonight
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X