XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
    Playing with the idea of dropping in.... I will be sort of in the area.

Just curious here.... if I showed up with a tent would there be room at Ironhorse? Is there a lot of camping spots?
    Hi Tom,
    Plenty of camping room. Brent has a giant tent and may still have a vacancy which would save carting a tent. The lodge also rents tents economical for two if Pam is riding shotgun
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
      Hi Tom,
      Plenty of camping room. Brent has a giant tent and may still have a vacancy which would save carting a tent. The lodge also rents tents economical for two if Pam is riding shotgun
      Phil
      Pam is not heading south with me this time. There is a FJR rally in Hendersonville NC the weekend before this rally so I may stay down in the area and just ride. I do have to be home October 1st so I would be leaving early sunday morning.(September 30th)
      Tom
      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Tom,

I'm sure there's plenty of camping room. You may want to contact the Iron Horse and tell them you're coming. It will be great to have you there! Don't forget to order a shirt!
        XS Southeast shirt thread
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
          Got me a sheepskin piece to try out...heard good things. I was in San Diego and the Superlamb Seatcovers shop there by Miramar has been there 33 years. I remembered seeing it when I used to be stationed there. I talked to the owner lady, supernice, she keeps remnant pieces for motorcyclists for $10. My "remnant" is like a small rug maybe 18" x 30"John
          Bring along a piece of that rug for the old guy.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Pam is not heading south with me this time. There is a FJR rally in Hendersonville NC the weekend before this rally so I may stay down in the area and just ride. I do have to be home October 1st so I would be leaving early sunday morning.(September 30th)
            Hi Tom,
            Will be good to see you even if only for 1/2 the rally
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
              Tom,

You may want to contact the Iron Horse and tell them you're coming.
              Well that's just it.... It is still up in the air if I'll show up or not.

I think someone said the Brent has a lot of room in his tent????
              Tom
              2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
              gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                Bring along a piece of that rug for the old guy.
                I will go back next month and get more before the trip.

John
                John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• SE Rally Rides

In case you are interested, here is what we are planning for the Saturday Sept 29 and Sunday Sept 30 Rides. On Saturday we need to leave IronHorse at 9:05am. Sunday by 9:45am would be good since some in the group will be checking out to start home.

Also, if you can't attend the entire Rally just plan to meet us for lunch either day.

Saturday: 215 Miles / 9 hour Loop (orange highlight)
                  Lunch in Cashiers at the Carolina Smokehouse

Sunday: 170 Miles + whatever else we have time to ride
                  Lunch in Tellico Plains at Cotton Pickin' Inn

After stop a Deals Gap we will ride the Dragon then head to Tellico Plains for a run across the Cherohala Skyway

PM jetmechmarty or myself JeffH if you have rally questions.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Well that's just it.... It is still up in the air if I'll show up or not.

I think someone said the Brent has a lot of room in his tent????
                    Just give them a day or two. Meals must be ordered in advance. I suppose it keeps their prices down.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

• What meals?

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                        What meals?

John
                        if you plan to eat at the lodge you just sign up a day before to give them a head count. Their meals were good but if you have a salt restricted diet...then you might want to consider something else...problem is that nothing else is close by...plus most of us will be eating our meals(breakfast and dinner) there
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• The three times I've stayed at the Iron Horse, they've offered a prime rib dinner on Saturday night. If you are already have your room, bed, camping spot, reserved, they will contact you before you leave home about your menu choices. Meal prices are very reasonable for their guests.

B'fast, lunch, and dinner are fellowship times for our group. The lodge will supply us with a fire to sit around in the evening, or it will be in the lodge fireplace if the weather is bad.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

• So what meals do you think we need to reserve at the lodge?

Friday night, Saturday morning and evening, Sunday morning and evening, Monday breakfast?

I cant imagine being back in time for dinner as long as the rides seem.

John

Comment

• For sure, you want dinner at the lodge on Friday and Saturday night. You'll want breakfast at the lodge on Saturday and Sunday morning. Quite frankly, there's a diner a couple miles away that has a better breakfast, and I expect to do that on Monday morning. I may also explore other options for Sunday night. Our group will be a little smaller. Bryson City is a 30 min ride.
                              Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

• Food

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                                So what meals do you think we need to reserve at the lodge?

Friday night, Saturday morning and evening, Sunday morning and evening, Monday breakfast?

I cant imagine being back in time for dinner as long as the rides seem.

John
                                We will definitely be back to the Iron Horse both Saturday evening and Sunday evening before dinner time (guess some folks call that Supper in the midwest). Planning 5:45pm return, maybe 6pm so we can socialize a bit, have a few soda-pops and get ready for dinner. I-H is not a full restaurant so they put up orders at 3-4 a time and you go pickup your food. I-H does request that if you want food that you fill out your order the day before so they can make sure they get all the necessary groceries to make the meals. They normally have a Meal Ticket pad where you write your name and select what you want. Then at that meal they call your name and you go get the ticket, pay and get your food. We plan the ride so we don't mess up happy hour, dinner and the evening bs sessions.

As for breakfast, some just get coffee while others get something a bit more filling.

fyi: sunrise is approx 07:30 and sunset 19:15

Jeff
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                                X