No announcement yet.

XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think your right Ben. There's no river running next to the dragon. I believe that is Hwy 28 on the way to the dragon.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      I think your right Ben. There's no river running next to the dragon. I believe that is Hwy 28 on the way to the dragon.
      I am right...because if that were me ahead of Tod then wheres the Hi Viz jacket that I ride in? That looks like Harry ahead of Tod...also that road is waaaay too straight to be the Dragon...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Yeah, and there are no photographers along the road. They were all over The Dragon.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          Yeah, and there are no photographers along the road. They were all over The Dragon.
          its a big business...i remember not all that long ago when Killboy was the only photographer...now theres at least 2 or 3 others as well...That ride was the 6th time I've ridden the T.O.D. since I moved to NC...its a fun road when no one else is on it. We really have been lucky the past 2 yrs at this rally. We have ridden it on a Sunday a.m. and there really wasnt any bad squid riders to speak of although it was still more traffic than you'd find on a weekday.
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• I am sorry, Ben. You are right. That was the guy with the other XJ in front of me at that time. But we rode that whole Hwy 28, and the map says that's the Tail of the Dragon, and Deal's Gap on 129. I was told that the Dragon started there at that store the video ends at??? I guess I misunderstood and went and looked.. TOTD is on Hwy 129.

I left the computers running all night and one video loaded to 60% and another video loaded to 80%. I'll just leave them both running 24/7 to get these things loaded to Youtube.
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• I think the pics that us129photos.com took are the better ones.

I like THIS ONE because it shows the bike with a good lean and the curvy road in the background. I think I'm gonna buy it.
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• My bike wasn't in any of those, but Brent made it in about 20 times.. lol. It looks like he was going down the road, turning around and going by again.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100

Comment

• Really? I thought I saw some of you in there. I'll go back through and look.

Yeah, Brent was hamin' it up again.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• No biggie Tod..BTW I am headed back to W.NC today for the weekend...but with the Deaf school...we have 2 deaf schools in NC one is East(where I work) and the other is in Morganton NC. Both deaf schools have combined to form one football team...anyways i wont be riding but still nice scenery in Morganton...by the time i return sunday I'd expect your videos to be uploaded...LOL
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Tod I don't think thats Ben in the video. It looks like my friend Jim on his XJ11 and I am right in front of him.
                      Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
                      Current rides:
                      80 XS1100SG
                      82 JX1100
                      83 Venture Royale
                      86 V-Max

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                        Tod that is not the correct video...that road is not the dragon and that isnt me ahead of you...even a deafie can see that...LOL
                        That video was taken on the Hellbender.
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

• Never heard of it.. but OK. lol. I'm just going to leave them in their original file name and you guys can help me out.. and I'll label them what they need to be. One computer that was at 60% locked up and had to restart it, so no guarantees they'll be all done before you get back, Ben. I can start getting some of these pics together though... I just don't know the names where most of them were taken either. lol

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100

Comment

• I am right...because if that were me ahead of Tod then wheres the Hi Viz jacket that I ride in?
                            You are correct, Ben. I should have realized that I couldn't hear your jacket there..

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig View Post
                              Never heard of it.. but OK. lol.
                              It was printed on the back of your shirt!
                              Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

• I realize you think we're a bunch of dumb rednecks, but I actually wore my shirt right and couldn't read that. lol.

I did look at a mirror and saw you printed the XS11 logo backwards though..
                                Last edited by trbig; 10-04-2012, 07:26 AM.

Current bikes:
                                '06 Suzuki DR650
                                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                                '81 XS1100 Special
                                '81 YZ250
                                '80 XS850 Special
                                '80 XR100

Comment

Working...
                                X