Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repairs

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
    Ryan Johnson had a flat tire at the top of the parkway and Mark Anthony (XS650) sprung a leak in his fuel tank at Deals Gap Resort. Both issues were corrected without delay. Many may have been unaware, as the issues were minor.

And I found JBweld putty with my tools, cut & needed a little for Mark Anthony's XS650 fuel tank repair. Picture shows him holding back a stream of gasoline with his finger. He asked "How long does this stuff take to set up?" answer "Longer than you want it to." He held it tight a long time until it set and held. His report after riding Dragon - Fixed, working...no fuel leak

Nice if your saddle bag is like a majic hat...Just reach in and pull out what ever you need
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      And I found JBweld putty with my tools, cut & needed a little for Mark Anthony's XS650 fuel tank repair. Picture shows him holding back a stream of gasoline with his finger. He asked "How long does this stuff take to set up?" answer "Longer than you want it to." He held it tight a long time until it set and held. His report after riding Dragon - Fixed, working...no fuel leak

Nice if your saddle bag is like a majic hat...Just reach in and pull out what ever you need
      Just one more reason why you're the #1 wing man..I recall when my muffler fell off at the VT XSEast rally and you had everything i needed to get it back together...without you and your "stuff" alot of us would be up a creek without a paddle.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• OK... here I am following Ben. No really, I swear this time! And really, we're on the TOTD! lol. I start off behind someone else, but get waved by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6LNjkSJb-Y

And this is just another walk-by of the bikes at that highest point on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qQKQDQ-zog

I only have one more video to post after this one. Still working on pics.
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig View Post
          I start off behind someone else, but get waved by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6LNjkSJb-Y
          You were following me in the beginning and I waved you by.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

• Thank you Phil. I hope I wasn't crowding you.

Here's the last video.. 25 minutes long. Got rained on, but the lense will clear up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdCNrBG8t7U

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100

Comment

• No problem Tod, I figured you'd want to rip it thru there while recording video, I didn't want to hold you up.
              2H7 (79)
              3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

• Posted in the Ride Report forum.

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig View Post
                  Posted in the Ride Report forum.
                  Thanks for both Taking and Posting all the great Video. We (I) really appreciate having the links so we can look at the rides.

Sure was fun! Haven't wiped off the smile yet.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Reasons to hang off bike.

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                    Yep, saw them all Brent. Hard to miss that white XS and the cigar.

What's up with you and Jeff sliding you a$$es off the bikes in the curves?
                    reasons:
                    1. Shifting weight to inside of curve reduces amount of lean angle needed to round a curve at a given speed.

2. I found butt stays cooler & more comfortable if in the wind from time to time.

3. More free photos. Yes they will take more if it looks like you are about to fall off.

4. Technique recomended by a track day riding instructor I heard at a BMW rally in FL

5. I suspect Jeff learned this habbit at a young and fearless age; Likely while rapidly Canyon Carving with his fast buddies in the Sierras.

or ??fun??
                    It is a great big beautiful world out there
                    Brent in GA
                    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• All,s Cool

Hi all

First I would like Thank Marty and Jeff for hosting and all the work been there and done that

Gary and I got home last night
                      XSively
                      Bruce[/B]
                      Bruce Gerken
                      '79 XS1100SF
                      "The Black"
                      '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                      The Red Sled.
                      St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

• It was great to meet Gary and you (dad lol) thanks fon trying bto keep me mellowed out while I was fightin putting JW's rear wheel back on. I was kinda frustrated for several reasons other than that, that just was that last straw.

Gary did an exellent job leading our group and made even the ride in the rain enjoyable. Both of y'all were a positive part of the whole experince.

Thank you both.
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Thanks Bruce! I hope that means everyone made it home in one piece.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                            Gary did an exellent job leading our group and made even the ride in the rain enjoyable. Both of y'all were a positive part of the whole experince.

Thank you both.

We counted heavily on Gary and Bruce making this whole thing work. Better late than never, giving credit where credit is due.

Thanks guys!

Gary on left

Marty (in Mississippi)
                            XS1100SG
                            XS650SK
                            XS650SH
                            XS650G
                            XS6502F
                            XS650E

Comment

• I see that Santa has returned since Memorial Day! (I didn't recognize Bruce at first at XS East)
                              80 SG
                              81 SH in parts
                              99 ST1100
                              91 ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                                I see that Santa has returned since Memorial Day! (I didn't recognize Bruce at first at XS East)
                                and he is just as jolly as ever too...
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X