XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tod's TOD video

Thanks Tod thats a great video...shows me exactly waht I wanted to know...sorry if i slowed you down...2 things i see that i definitely need to improve upon...one was not crowd the centerline on lefties and the other was that I was using waaaay too much brakes. I did notice that Jeff whom was ahead of me never once touched his brakes...in fact he kept his feet on the hwy pegs the whole way...so its all being in the right gear and pretty much just leaving it there...still I didnt do it too badly or so I think...I managed to keep it out of a ditch and off the Tree of Shame...LOL
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
      Thanks Tod thats a great video...shows me exactly waht I wanted to know...sorry if i slowed you down...2 things i see that i definitely need to improve upon...one was not crowd the centerline on lefties and the other was that I was using waaaay too much brakes. I did notice that Jeff whom was ahead of me never once touched his brakes...in fact he kept his feet on the hwy pegs the whole way...so its all being in the right gear and pretty much just leaving it there...still I didnt do it too badly or so I think...I managed to keep it out of a ditch and off the Tree of Shame...LOL
      If your using that rear brake in the curves your begging for trouble anyway Ben. I had to concentrate on not using mine since I have made it a habit to use my front and back brake in traffic. I ride my bike to and from work nearly every day. Had to put my toe UNDER the pedal.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        If your using that rear brake in the curves your begging for trouble anyway Ben. I had to concentrate on not using mine since I have made it a habit to use my front and back brake in traffic. I ride my bike to and from work nearly every day. Had to put my toe UNDER the pedal.
        never said i was an expert at apexing but when i learned to snow ski i didnt start on the black diamond trails either,but over time and experiences I got there...this whole trip i wasnt really in tune with things as i normally am so my emphasis on apexing really wasnt there...
        BTW I too commute to work on my bike 60 miles everyday mostly 4 laners and some backroads but also city traffic..
        Last edited by madmax-im; 10-07-2012, 10:16 PM.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• I bought one of those pics from killboy and thought I would share it here. I'm still buzzing from this trip and I really hope to make it next year!
          Mark

Comment

• Just wanted to say... I am seeing several pics on the Killboy site for Friday, Sep 28th after 4pm in the full cruiser section. I see John, Harry, and Greg all in one shot, but again, they didn't seem to like me much. 'Bout par for the course I've found. lol.

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/stor...3&g=04RK01S709
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• I too took some pictures
              http://s858.photobucket.com/albums/a...20East%202012/

No Action shots or video.
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• OK.. They put me in the touring bikes on Deal's Gap on page 3. There's a couple of Greg and one of Harry. We're packed up and look like we're moving there.

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/stor...3&g=04RK01S70J

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100

Comment

• Tod,

Try Touring Bikes after 4pm page 6. You have 7 pics. Harry has some too.

John
                  John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                  '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                  Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• Maybe a difference in screen res? Mine shows it on page 3. Thanks, though.

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100

Comment

• Nice pics Phil, I did not realize how brite my Hilti shirt was.
                      Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
                      Current rides:
                      80 XS1100SG
                      82 JX1100
                      83 Venture Royale
                      86 V-Max

Comment

• On the ordering part of the pics, it says for $7 you get a digital copy with no text, and for $9, a digital copy WITH text.

What text do they want me to pay another $2 for? The privelege of having them advertise on something I'm paying for?

Current bikes:
                        '06 Suzuki DR650
                        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                        '81 XS1100 Special
                        '81 YZ250
                        '80 XS850 Special
                        '80 XR100

Comment

• I was trying to figure that out too. I think that option gives you the ability to add your own text to the picture. Still not worth $2 though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mastan View Post
                            I was trying to figure that out too. I think that option gives you the ability to add your own text to the picture. Still not worth $2 though.
                            The script is Tail of the Dragon 2012 or something just like that. I have one with my daughter from 2005.
                            Marty (in Mississippi)
                            XS1100SG
                            XS650SK
                            XS650SH
                            XS650G
                            XS6502F
                            XS650E

Comment

• So... something just about anyone could add themselves to a digital copy if they wanted. lol.

Thanks, Marty.

Current bikes:
                              '06 Suzuki DR650
                              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                              '81 XS1100 Special
                              '81 YZ250
                              '80 XS850 Special
                              '80 XR100

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig View Post
                                So... something just about anyone could add themselves to a digital copy if they wanted. lol.

Thanks, Marty.
                                It's proprietary script.

•7. If you would like text/writing on your photos, you must chose the "with text" option for each photo you'd like text on.

•8. Desired text can be entered in the "Instructions" box during checkout. If you order the image with text, but do not specify anything specific, we put "Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap - Month, Year"
                                Marty (in Mississippi)
                                XS1100SG
                                XS650SK
                                XS650SH
                                XS650G
                                XS6502F
                                XS650E

Comment

Working...
                                X