XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post

And I've fixed my sticking front brakes problem, although it didn't really bother me last year...I rarely use my brakes in the twisties anyways, just engine braking alot!

just wondering JEFF when do we get to see the T-shirts design, and can place orders?

T.C.
    No braking last year even in the hairpin curves, YES T.C., I noticed. Not really required even on those challenging roads when you run in 2nd and 3rd gear between 6,000 rpm and Red Line like you were doing! GodZilla Rocks!! Glad you resolved the sticking brakes!

I just got back home from XS North and 4th in NY. I plan to finalize a SE Rally shirt design this week. Will have pricing for Long / Short etc. and hope to be taking orders by next weekend. As Marty indicated, we will post a mockup and have an ordering process setup soon. Will post new thread here -plus- use our facebook page at facebook.com/XSSoutheast.

Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

...missed last year, hope to be back this year. Later 'Dog

Comment

I still have a spot for a roomie..if i cant get one then likely I'll cancel as I'm not gonna afford it solo.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
          I still have a spot for a roomie..if i cant get one then likely I'll cancel as I'm not gonna afford it solo.
          Hi BNE,
          Don't cancel just yet. I am trying to get my **** together to attend.
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Its funny my boss was just telling me about this place called the Tail of the Dragon and i thought it sounded like a fun place to go see. Then i randomly check this Rally page and the hotel you guys stay at is right next to it.

I probably wont make it this year but im going to try and make it next. I have a buddy with a honda and maybe i can talk Catatonicbug in to riding to lol. Only down fall for me is that it is a 12 hour ride one way just to get there. I Dont know if my bike and i are up for the journy just yet.
            80 XS1100G Black Betty (Daily Driver)
            79 XS1100SF (Buddys Project)
            82 XJ750 Maxim (Fathers Bike)
            81 CB750F SS (Buddys Project)
            06 GSX600F Sold! (Was Mine)
            81 XS1100 Failed Bobber Project (Mine)
            81 XS1100 Parts (Mine)

Grip it, Rip it, and Stick it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GTXS1100 View Post
              it is a 12 hour ride one way just to get there. I Dont know if my bike and i are up for the journy just yet.
              Iron Horse has a Load / Unload dock just for bikes if you can get your bike in a Pickup or Trailer. Would be an easier run central MO to NC and back in a truck if you have access to one. Some are trailering from VA. Fall colors in NC are fantastic and the roads are equally awesome. We plan to ride a section of the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday with a BBQ lunch stop, then The Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway on Sunday. Join us if you can. Rooms at Iron Horse or nearby Tuskeegee Motel both in Stecoah, NC. Likely a few guys will be seeking a roomie as we approach September.

Jeff
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by GTXS1100 View Post
                Only down fall for me is that it is a 12 hour ride one way just to get there. I Dont know if my bike and i are up for the journy just yet.
                Hi GT,
                Only 12 hours 24 hours in a day still leaves 4 hours for eating and drinking and 8 hours for sleeping..... I don't see the problem

Mine shows 14 1/2 riding hours which cuts into the eating and sleeping time
                Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I would love to come ill have to see how thing are around rally time. I watched some guys ride the Dragon on youtube yesterday and its deffinaly on my bucket list!! I do have some vacation time coming up also so there is a strong possibility i may try to make it this year. Idk yet. Ill keep an eye on the page so you guys looking for roomies I might hit you up but the rates for camping look great also so im split. I love camping and I dont even have to set up my own tint so that sounds like a dream come true. Lol.
                  80 XS1100G Black Betty (Daily Driver)
                  79 XS1100SF (Buddys Project)
                  82 XJ750 Maxim (Fathers Bike)
                  81 CB750F SS (Buddys Project)
                  06 GSX600F Sold! (Was Mine)
                  81 XS1100 Failed Bobber Project (Mine)
                  81 XS1100 Parts (Mine)

Grip it, Rip it, and Stick it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                    Iron Horse has a Load / Unload dock just for bikes if you can get your bike in a Pickup or Trailer. Would be an easier run central MO to NC and back in a truck if you have access to one. Some are trailering from VA. Fall colors in NC are fantastic and the roads are equally awesome. We plan to ride a section of the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday with a BBQ lunch stop, then The Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway on Sunday. Join us if you can. Rooms at Iron Horse or nearby Tuskeegee Motel both in Stecoah, NC. Likely a few guys will be seeking a roomie as we approach September.

Jeff
                    No way I'm riding the dragon on a sunday...every squid in america will be there...weekends suck...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ben,

You did it last year without incident. We all did. There will likely be police to keep the squids at bay. Will you come if we have a Tuesday/Wednesday rally? I fear it will shrink our numbers significantly.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                        Ben,

You did it last year without incident. We all did. There will likely be police to keep the squids at bay. Will you come if we have a Tuesday/Wednesday rally? I fear it will shrink our numbers significantly.
                        Guess we did dont recall...but best early in the day...earlier the better
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I'm thinking seriously about heading over there this fall. It would be good to put faces to some of y'alls names.

Depends on if I can get the time off from work.
                          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Do it, Greg!

Ben, recall the Iron Horse is close to the Gap. We pass through first thing Sunday morning.
                            Marty (in Mississippi)
                            XS1100SG
                            XS650SK
                            XS650SH
                            XS650G
                            XS6502F
                            XS650E

Comment

Yep thats right...we did it early and it was fine...it was a hoot....combined with the Cherohala and that was a fun day. Be prepared for temp changes with elevation too...so bring some warm clothes...
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

9/28-9/30 correct? I know Brent will be there so there will be at least 1 familiar face.
                                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X