No announcement yet.

XSEast 09 Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to know if he's coming to XSEast. If he's not, we need him to send the Harley Award.

Thanks.

Comment

• I have his email and phone number. Sorry I am late to this. You didn't have to get poor Hammie all confused and twisted up in his shorts...
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Gary for the most part does not do computers at all
        Ralph

Comment

• Telegraph? No, that's technological. Besides, Morse was retired Carrier pidgeon?

Comment

• pidgin English maybe, he IS Canadian.....
            Marty in NW PA
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

• as far as I know he is. and he will be transporting by Van
              and Marty I am always commando
              and I am fluent in a bunch-o-languages carrier pidgin English is not two of them

Originally posted by randy View Post
              I just want to know if he's coming to XSEast. If he's not, we need him to send the Harley Award.

Thanks.
              Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
              Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
              and SOXS
              2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

• Originally posted by hamjam View Post
                I am always commando
                Way too much info Jim!
                Paul
                1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                1979 XS1100 Standard
                1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

• ok how about this
                  Jim

From an other list

If you intend to ride to upstate NY make sure all of your papers are in
                  order, motorcycle licences, insurance, inspection, registration and a DOT
                  approved helmet. I ran into one of the checkpoints on Sunday while heading
                  to Marcus Dairy in Danbury CT on i84 east at the Rest Area located near exit
                  17 (lake Carmel, NY). They had at least three electronic billboards posted
                  instructing all motorcycles to exit at the rest stop. I pulled in the rest
                  stop and found at least 20 other bikes lined and waiting to be inspected by
                  State Trooper and other officials from NYS DOT. In addition to the bikes in
                  line, there were another six bike parked between two police vehicles and
                  their owners seating by the roadside. My guess is that they did not pass the
                  inspections. After waiting in line for about 10 minutes, they finally got to
                  me and checked the bike from front to back, including using a flash light to
                  check the serial number against what's listed on my registration. Needless
                  to say, I passed and continued on to Marcus Dairy to join the festivities.
                  According to one of the troopers this is going to be an ongoing operation
                  for the duration of the summer. So if you are riding through New York State
                  make sure all your documentation are solid or else the man will either fine
                  you or impound your bike.
                  Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                  Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

and SOXS
                  2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

• shirts

after Thursday it is to late for shirts the order is in and goes to print!!!!
                    Ralph

Comment

• Originally posted by hamjam View Post
                      ok how about this
                      Jim

From an other list

If you intend to ride to upstate NY make sure all of your papers are in
                      order, motorcycle licences, insurance, inspection, registration and a DOT
                      approved helmet. I ran into one of the checkpoints on Sunday while heading
                      to Marcus Dairy in Danbury CT on i84 east at the Rest Area located near exit
                      17 (lake Carmel, NY). They had at least three electronic billboards posted
                      instructing all motorcycles to exit at the rest stop. I pulled in the rest
                      stop and found at least 20 other bikes lined and waiting to be inspected by
                      State Trooper and other officials from NYS DOT. In addition to the bikes in
                      line, there were another six bike parked between two police vehicles and
                      their owners seating by the roadside. My guess is that they did not pass the
                      inspections. After waiting in line for about 10 minutes, they finally got to
                      me and checked the bike from front to back, including using a flash light to
                      check the serial number against what's listed on my registration. Needless
                      to say, I passed and continued on to Marcus Dairy to join the festivities.
                      According to one of the troopers this is going to be an ongoing operation
                      for the duration of the summer. So if you are riding through New York State
                      make sure all your documentation are solid or else the man will either fine
                      you or impound your bike.

hmmmm

They must have been targetting someone OR some group. I travelled through the State of New York twice on the weekend and they didn't even give us a second look...
                      Tom
                      2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                      gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• I will be showing up but this year I won't be riding the 11.
                        http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by olebiker View Post
                          I will be showing up but this year I won't be riding the 11.
                          Alright What will you be riding then?
                          Phil
                          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Yo commando!
                            Did we find Gary and the Award?
                            Last edited by MartyA; 04-30-2009, 07:58 PM.
                            Marty in NW PA
                            This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                              Alright What will you be riding then?
                              Phil
                              The new to me 2001 concours.
                              http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyA View Post
                                Yo commando!
                                Did we find Gary and the Award?
                                yes for both
                                Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                                Niimi Moozhwaagan

and SOXS
                                2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Working...
                                X