No announcement yet.

XSEast 09 Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not to sure on that. Last year we were told we'd need Passports this year. It would be safer to check with some one in the know better then we seem to be. If you make it this far you can hook up with Brent and I. Now for the plug re order your shirts sent a bunch of emails only got a few answers.
    Ralph

Comment

• FSCGunslinger;

Don't worry about it, we'll be in VT, NH, MA. No international border crossings during the rally.

Comment

• Originally posted by randy View Post
        FSCGunslinger;

Don't worry about it, we'll be in VT, NH, MA. No international border crossings during the rally.
        Ooooh man... I smell a leave form that I need to fill out... Are we expecting warm weather up there at that time?
        "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

• Drivers license , birth certificate, social security card, the more you have the easier time you'll have crossing. I have a passport which makes crossing a breeze! Hope you can make it, we had a blast last year!
          Means you can get in to Canada ,
          but might mean you stay in Canada too.

Comment

• Originally posted by madbiker View Post
            Drivers license , birth certificate, social security card, the more you have the easier time you'll have crossing. I have a passport which makes crossing a breeze! Hope you can make it, we had a blast last year!
            Means you can get in to Canada ,
            but might mean you stay in Canada too.
            You make that sound like a bad thing!

Paul
            1983 XJ1100 Maxim
            1979 XS1100 Standard
            1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

• only if you want back in the states and right now I'm not sure where its better.

Comment

• Hello? HELLOOOO??

We're not going to Canada. Of course, you're free to go wherever you like, but none of our routes cross the border.

Comment

I'm not to sure on that. Last year we were told we'd need Passports this year. It would be safer to check with some one in the know better then we seem to be. If you make it this far you can hook up with Brent and I. Now for the plug re order your shirts sent a bunch of emails only got a few answers.
                  Ralph
                  Looks like the rules change June 1st. You may be able to get into the US for XSEast without a Passport but may need one to go back.

http://gomontreal.about.com/od/montr...dnborder09.htm

Comment

• Passport coming!

As has been said before....Prior to June 1st 2009 you do not need a passport to leave the US or return unless its by air travel. After June 1st 2009 A Passport will be required to cross and return to your country of origin regardless of how you travel... Since I anticipate a couple trips to Ontario this year, I went ahead and applied for my Passport...it'll be here in 2 weeks.
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• It dose not matter before or after expect some trouble coming back I watch them get in to Brent's & Mart's bike like he was carrying a lb of dope in their bags, and the next time we were waved in .

Comment

• Passport

Hi ,
                        The rules are changing. I THINK in July we will need passports to cross even by road. It's getting back into the US you need to worry about.
                        Canada is once again on sale 30cents on the $ makes my Florida trip a bit ovebudget already and I have not left yet
                        see XS North in July if you want to come and visit.
                        Phil
                        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Shirts

IF YOU WANT A SHIRT FOR THIS RALLY GO TO THE SHIRT THREAD AND PLACE A ORDER I'M NOT PLANNING ON ORDERING THAT MANY EXTRAS BEING SO I DON'T NEED ANY LEFT OVER SO PLEASE CONTACT ME AT ratrhemiw@msn.com SO YOU SNOOZE YA LOSE
                          RALPH

Comment

• Alrighty! It's official! I just finished filling out my leave packet and made my reservations for the Colonial! I am very excited about this! It'll be the first vacation I've taken w/o a family member or other friend that I already know.
                            "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

• Thought this information might be of interest to anyone going.

Average Weather for Brattleboro, VT

Looks like May averages a high of 70 and low of 45. Should be pretty nice (hopefully).

Comment

only if you want back in the states and right now I'm not sure where its better.
                                Hey Ralph, the economy in both countries are in the crapper so it doesn't make much difference.

Hello boys and girls... long time since I've been on here. Anyone current on accomodations for the rally? Are they all booked up yet? Looks like I'm moving my daughter to New Brunswick,CA the weekend before, via Dad's van lines. Got the week off so trying to work a stop at the rally on the way back, but nothing's cast in stone yet. Mind you, I WILL be in the cage, but as long as I bring beer it'll be OK.

Brian
                                Brian
                                1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
                                1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
                                remembering the same thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X