XSEast 09 Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by randy View Post
    I just contacted Julie to get a head count. Stay tuned.

How's that head count coming along?
    Tom
    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

• Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
      How's that head count coming along?
      Ok how about this to keep us entertained while we wait for Julie
      Randy 1
      Tom 2
      Phil 3
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Other Accommodations

Originally posted by randy View Post
        I just contacted Julie to get a head count. Stay tuned.
        Randy;
        Do you know of any other motels/inns in close proximity to the Colonial?

Thanks.
        Ron
        1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
        1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
        1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
        1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
        2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

• There are still rooms left at the Colonial. We had 16 rooms booked as of Feb 15th. Add Rman, that's 17 out of the 25 we had set aside. If the clerk gave you a problem, try calling back mid-day Mon, Tues, Wed and speak to Julie directly. If Julie isn't there, find out when she will be and then call her back. Others have had similar experiences. I even didn't get to meet her in person when I was there last weekend! One clerk told me she'd be in on Sun, then on Sun I was told by another that she wouldn't be back 'till Tues??

On the other hand, if you want to stay elsewhere, there's a Holiday Inn Express and a Super 8, both less than a mile away from the Colonial.

Comment

• For those interested, here is a link to the route maps for the rally. I posted them in the Route Selection thread:

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20763&page=5

Comment

• Due to my recent purchase of a 2nd bike, I will not be able to make it "out east" this year. I would have really liked to be there. As it turns out, I will be in Maine in early September on a non-bike vacation, price of the 2nd bike included a 35th wedding anniversary trip to Maine, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. (You married guys will know how this happens.)

Hope all who attend have a great time. Post plenty of photos.
              Jerry Fields
              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
              '06 Concours
              My Galleries Page.
              My Blog Page.
              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• Where I come from we call that extortion!

We'll sure miss you, Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                  Due to my recent purchase of a 2nd bike, I will not be able to make it "out east" this year. I would have really liked to be there. As it turns out, I will be in Maine in early September on a non-bike vacation, price of the 2nd bike included a 35th wedding anniversary trip to Maine, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. (You married guys will know how this happens.)

Hope all who attend have a great time. Post plenty of photos.
                  Hi Jerry,
                  I say bring the Concours...... oops ! I guess you don't get to 35 anniversaries without some compromises along the way
                  Phil
                  1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                  2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post

Hi Jerry,
                    I say bring the Concours...... oops ! I guess you don't get to 35 anniversaries without some compromises along the way
                    Phil
                    Jerry..sorry you cant make it...would love to see the Connie and to have met you too.Last year I came to XSeast on my ST1100.
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• shirts

payment details send check or m/o to
                      Ralph Waltman
                      3942 Marietta Ave
                      Columbia Pa. 17512
                      PayPal is rtwbikeparts@hotmail.com.
                      Cost is short sleeves $12.00 + paypal fees ( I think $2.00 should cover)
                      and long sleeves are $15.00 + paypal fees
                      Canadians email me and we'll do the same as last year. If you need shipping email me and I will get a quote on shipping, DO NOT TAKE A GUESS. I want to place order by mid April. So start your engines and sharpen your pencils
                      Ralph

Comment

• Originally posted by randy View Post
                        Where I come from we call that extortion!

We'll sure miss you, Jerry
                        Sounds like an episode of that show, "Rules of Engagement".

Don
                        currently own;
                        1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                        2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

• Do any of these routes go into Canada? As in, would I need a passport to participate?
                          "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

• Originally posted by FSCGunslinger View Post
                            Do any of these routes go into Canada? As in, would I need a passport to participate?
                            None go into Canada but a bunch of Canadians are attending!

At this point in time you only need proof of identity to cross the border by land. If you are flying in or out then you need a passport!
                            Paul
                            1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                            1979 XS1100 Standard
                            1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by blue giant View Post
                              None go into Canada but a bunch of Canadians are attending!

At this point in time you only need proof of identity to cross the border by land. If you are flying in or out then you need a passport!
                              SCORE! So something as simple as a driver's license or social security card would do the trick, then? I'm gonna have to seriously look into this... even if it is a 500 mile ride just to get there! Maybe if I decide to go, I could meet up with MadBiker (and Brent) and we could ride up together.
                              "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

• Originally posted by FSCGunslinger View Post
                                SCORE! So something as simple as a driver's license or social security card would do the trick, then? I'm gonna have to seriously look into this... even if it is a 500 mile ride just to get there! Maybe if I decide to go, I could meet up with MadBiker (and Brent) and we could ride up together.
                                Drivers license , birth certificate, social security card, the more you have the easier time you'll have crossing. I have a passport which makes crossing a breeze! Hope you can make it, we had a blast last year!
                                Paul
                                1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                                1979 XS1100 Standard
                                1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X