XSEast 09 Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by desert1 View Post
    Closest rally for me was the 2000' rallie Ride East in Nova Scotia, Cape Breton.....1st one I'd been on....its nice to have it in the backyard once in awhile!
    Bruce
    Oh, BTW Bruce, start working on your bike NOW and you should be ready by May.

Comment

Too bloody cold

Too bloddy cold Russ, besides its ready to go anyway.....apart from the usual seasonal prep work.... I am replacing the latches on the hard bags and a paint job on the lids....
      Bruce Doucette
      Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Colonial Motel

Hi Randy,
        Thanks for organizing XSEast 2009. The following comments are in no way critical of you. I have reserved a room and will attend and have a fun time.
        My reservation was made over the phone by talking to Julie in person.
        I identified myself as part of XSEAST and she recognized Rany's group for the memorial week end. I asked for the special rate which I believe is
        for $79 / night for 2 Queen beds. Julie advised the best she could do was 2 double beds at that rate or ONE Queen but that 2 Queen would be $105.
        She also said that all the non smoking rooms were already booked.
        As before "your mileage may vary" so good luck with the reservations.
        Vote for route 1 & 2
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Coming soon.......................................

T-shirt designs!!!!

Hint:

We are going GREEN this year.

Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

Phil
            That does sound strange.

I talked to (not sure, I know it wasn't Julie) and I asked for a room with one double or one queen or one king size bed.
            She asked non smoking. I said yes.
            She then told me she wasn't sure if was going to be a single double bed or two double beds.... but I'm booked. I don't understand how she doesn't know whether it is going to be a single or two double beds.

That just doesn't make sense to me...

Did you ever hear about what happened at last years rally...and my room booking? I had Russ laughing over that one. I thought I was going to have to find a room at a different hotel.
            Tom
            2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
            gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

They can't be running out of rooms already, I told Julie to set aside 30 rooms! I'll call her today to get some info.

Comment

Keep us posted Randy!

Originally posted by randy View Post
                They can't be running out of rooms already, I told Julie to set aside 30 rooms! I'll call her today to get some info.
                Paul
                1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                1979 XS1100 Standard
                1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
                  Did you ever hear about what happened at last years rally...and my room booking? I had Russ laughing over that one. I thought I was going to have to find a room at a different hotel.

I remember well. "We have a room for Tom Vale with the XS group but none for you."

Comment

I made my reservation for one queen sized bed. When I asked her about a confirmation number she said" I've been here for 20 years, you don't need a number"... Last year i was almost out in the cold as well.
                    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                    1981 LH

Comment

I think (?) I figured out what's happening at the Colonial. I called and Julie was not in. It seems that Julie (manager) has our room block assigned, but the underlings are not up to speed with the arrangements. So, if you call, be sure to speak to Julie directly to ensure you get exactly the room you want at the rate you want.

Comment

Thanks Randy!
                        I hope to book as soon I know that I can get away that weekend!

Paul
                        I think (?) I figured out what's happening at the Colonial. I called and Julie was not in. It seems that Julie (manager) has our room block assigned, but the underlings are not up to speed with the arrangements. So, if you call, be sure to speak to Julie directly to ensure you get exactly the room you want at the rate you want.
                        Paul
                        1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                        1979 XS1100 Standard
                        1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

My friend Gary and I plan on coming. I believe his wife is going and my girlfriend is excited about it as well.

If I can get my 1100SH up and running in time, we may drag along another couple.

Don (from NH) 1100SG

Gary (from ME) 1100SH

Don
                          Last edited by DJinNH; 01-24-2009, 09:47 AM. Reason: more info
                          currently own;
                          1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                          2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

yes talk to julie or get a call back from her. she has new help. what is the room count now?
                            80 xs1100G

Comment

Here is the basic T-shirt design shown on a few different colors. I think this will be redone by a professional...but this is the basic design...enjoy!

Gary Granger
                              Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                              2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

I'm IN!

Hey everyone ...I decided that I'd better get in on this...so I just got off the phone with Julie. Set up a reservation for Fri,Sat and Sun nites.All the non-smoking rooms are booked so I got a smoking rm @ $65/nite...see you all there!Now I gotta decide which Yammie is gonna do it...tough decisions...LOL...So what days are there going to be "organized" rides?
                                Last edited by madmax-im; 01-24-2009, 11:58 AM.
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X