No announcement yet.

XSEast 09 Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reservations made.. Having said that, are there any nearby campgrounds to save some $ ??

Merry Christmas everybody!
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
      Well if we are being honest here.... I have been thinking about it seriously
      Just haven't quite done the phoning.
      Hope to phone before the new year..... Just trying to get all my other trips in line....

I have the website of the motel printed out and sitting beside the computer..... that must count for something... eh?
      Hi Tom,
      Missed your smiling face at the Toronto Show. Like you I plan to attend. The printing thing is a definite comittment of sorts.
      Happy Winter Solstice or what ever you celebrate at this time of year
      Looking forward to seeing all the familiar faces in 2009 ophand some new ones too i hope.
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
        Hi Tom,
        Missed your smiling face at the Toronto Show. Like you I plan to attend. The printing thing is a definite comittment of sorts.
        Happy Winter Solstice or what ever you celebrate at this time of year
        Looking forward to seeing all the familiar faces in 2009 ophand some new ones too i hope.
        Phil
        Well, I did send Jim an e mail and told him of my final plans... last minute as they were... I was down on Sunday... I take you guys had a good time on Saturday?

I missed your smiling face as well Maybe the Jan show...
        Tom
        2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
        gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Well, I did send Jim an e mail and told him of my final plans... last minute as they were... I was down on Sunday... I take you guys had a good time on Saturday?

I missed your smiling face as well Maybe the Jan show...
          Hi Tom,
          Yes Jim did tell us. As we had already commited to Ted from Ottawa not really able to change at such short notice. Yes we did have a good time.
          January show is real early this year so hope you can make that. I plan to attend.
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Soooooooooooo....

How many have booked a room?

I would book now but their web site indicates a cancellation fee so I guess I'll wait a while longer.

Comment

Russ, when I called the other day, the lady said 24 hour notice with no mention of a cancellation fee.
              80 SG
              81 SH in parts
              99 ST1100
              91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by laxdad View Post
                Russ, when I called the other day, the lady said 24 hour notice with no mention of a cancellation fee.

Thanks Dean. I can live with that. I 'll give them a call. If you're still looking for a camp site check out the VT State Park site.

http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/moreres.cfm

Comment

Try This Place

Originally posted by laxdad View Post
                  Reservations made.. Having said that, are there any nearby campgrounds to save some $ ??

Merry Christmas everybody!
                  Hey Dean this is the closest campgrounds to Brattleboro

http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/fortdummer.cfm
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ft Dummer

From what I read their campgrounds will book up for the Memorial day weekend but they have an "overflow" area to camp.I tried some of the links on their website but they arent working
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

add me to the list. booked for fri,sat,sun,monday. so did we come up with a name yet? how about "xs east on the road again" vt. 2009
                      80 xs1100G

Comment

I hope I make it this year, it really sucked not being able to come last year.
                        79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                        80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                        80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                        79 DT 100

Comment

rooms

talk with julie to confem room: single 65 + tax, aaa discount 60 + tax.
                          80 xs1100G

Comment

Routes

We have the final drafts for the routes. There are a couple of route choices to discuss, and the final proving run needs to be done by the organizers. I'll post something about the alternatives in a couple of days and we can discuss.
                            Marty in NW PA
                            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                            This IS my happy face.

Comment

hi Guys

I'm new here just joined today . I'm from Waterloo New York and was wondering exactly where will the meet be held. I didn't read every post in the thread so I missed what the exact location is . I'm running a 79 XS special with a velorex 700 sidecar. I have my choice of the Americade ,your meet or a meet for the Venture riders in Ohio. I also own an 84 Honda V65 Sabre and an 85 Yamaha Venture Royale. So an exact location for the northeast get together would really help me plan if i can make it. Thanks Phil.

Comment

Hi Phil and welcome!
                                Definitely read the posts, it gives dates and motel info and phone numbers and all that. We will be in Brattleboro this year.
                                Marty in NW PA
                                Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                                Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                                This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
                                X