No announcement yet.

XSEast 09 Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerry, you planning on coming in all the way from CO? Awesome. Here's the link to the hotel, but as I wrote before,

Don't book anything yet

http://www.colonialmotelspa.com/

Comment

Randy is on motel duty. The Colonial he originally posted was a nice place, although I am not sure the pool will be thawed that early in the year up there... Exit 3 on Rt 91 in VT.

So far our HQ will be Brattleboro, VT. I have a couple of routes drafted, no details yet like photo stops or food or gas stops. I need to get a couple more drafted and then have Randy evaluate them, then choose 2 and maybe have an alternate shorter ride.

Patience.....
      Last edited by MartyA; 10-26-2008, 05:57 AM.
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Mapquest tells me it is 543 miles and 10hours 13 minutes ...

That is almost all slab.

Might slab home but may do some wandering to get there!
        Tom
        2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
        gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Marty, the pool is indoors!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA View Post
            Randy is on motel duty. The Colonial he originally posted was a nice place, although I am not sure the pool will be thawed that early in the year up there... Exit 3 on Rt 91 in VT.

Brattleboro is WAY southern VT almost in MA. While it can still be cold there in May its not like WAY up in northern VT where they sometimes ski in June.

Comment

XEast 09 Hotel Info

Ok, boys and girls, here is the info for the hotel. Our cutoff date is April 1, so get in before then. We have 25 rooms blocked off.

Three types of rooms are available:

Standard w/ Queen bed - $79

Deluxe near the pool - $105

Two- Bedroom Suite - $135

Colonial Hotel and Spa
              889 Putney Road
              Brattleboro, VT 05301
              Phone: 802-257-7733
              Fax: same number

Last edited by randy; 10-28-2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Rooms

Ok Tina and i have our room booked for the 22,23,24.
                Thanks Randy
                Doug Mitchell
                82 XJ1100 sold
                2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Awesome Randy!Gotta make a bank deposit then I'll be booking a room later this week.With today's raw and wacky weather it looks like winter is gonna settle in early...but hope not...at any rate... lookin forward to XSEast '09.
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                    Ok, boys and girls, here is the info for the hotel. Our cutoff date is April 1, so get in before then. We have 25 rooms blocked off.

Three types of rooms are available:

Standard w/ Queen bed - $79

Deluxe near the pool - $105

Two- Bedroom Suite - $135

Colonial Hotel and Spa
                    889 Putney Road
                    Brattleboro, VT 05301
                    Phone: 802-257-7733
                    Fax: same number

Not to be a PIA but why do they quote $65 for a 2 double bed standard and the same for a King standard on their web registration system for those dates. Maybe your rates include taxes?

Comment

Russ,

Those are the rates I was quoted. You'd have to call and ask about that.

Comment

Jerry, you planning on coming in all the way from CO? Awesome.
                        Giving this serious consideration, have spoken to SWMBO and have preliminary approval. After all, my XJ came from Maine, and I have not been back that way since Americade in 2001. (Upstate NY, Lake Charles.) Question is do I ride, trailer, or fly in and rent a bike locally. If anyone has a 2nd bike I could use that would help a lot. Hate to admit it, but without a lot of work I don't know if I want to trust the XJ to a 5K mile road trip. Last trip to Yosemite was around 2,300 miles, and that is about as far as I would want to push it. Am still looking at used Kawasaki Concours bikes, may have a new ride by next spring. Lots of variables, but I would really like to get out your way and meet everyone, so will try my best to make it.
                        Jerry Fields
                        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                        '06 Concours
                        My Galleries Page.
                        My Blog Page.
                        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Hey Huron52,

Which way are you planning on taking? Are you heading through Buffalo?

I was planning on heading east towards Kingston/maybe Cornwall to meet up with some of the Ottawa group and then turn right. From Barrie its about 572 miles going through Cornwall, 505 going through Buffalo.

I was also hoping to take off maybe in the middle of the week, don't think my butt can handle that many miles in one day.
                          Ernie
                          79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
                          (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Haven't really thought about the route there. The shortest for me is crossing over at Buffalo. Then I 90 for a long way east. Thinking I may come back that way. Slab it home in one day!

Crossing Ontario to the east say Cornwall or so may be an option. (going there)
                            Then I would take two days to get there... (thursday,friday)

As for seat time... it will be one of my first long rides of the season.(two up)
                            Tom
                            2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                            gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Yeah, I`m thinking of maybe heading out Wednesday or Thursday and staying at buddies in Kingston the first night.

It doesn`t really matter to me which way I go, but I`m thinking it would be cool to get a group of xsives riding together.
                              Ernie
                              79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
                              (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Hi egsols
                                as we get closer to the rally I will know more about what I will be doing and there are some others Phil Wayne Gary Sandy from around here that will be going as well ,probably ,I think, so there might be a bunch heading down together. Tom has a tendency to do an all at once ride
                                This will work its way through .

BTW any chance you can be at the Harvies at 400 and 89 sometime around 5:30 or 6PM Wed?
                                Jim
                                Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                                Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                                and SOXS
                                2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Working...
                                X