No announcement yet.

XSEast 09 Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should be enough warning to all so Gary can keep that award in his minivan for another year.

Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

• Originally posted by olebiker View Post
      The new to me 2001 concours.
      Now I am envious
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
        Now I am envious
        Phil
        Don't be too much cause I am broke till I sell some bikes.
        http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by olebiker View Post
          Don't be too much cause I am broke till I sell some bikes.

Welcome to my world. I have the XS1100SG that I will be riding to XSEast09, just bought a 2009 Yamaha Raider and have a guy working on my XS1100SH. The SH will be the first to go, then decision time on the SG which I hope to keep if I can afford to.

Don
          currently own;
          1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
          2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

• Anyone coming up the NE corridor to XSEast - Meet-up in Peekskill, NY

When: Friday 5/22
            Time: still working that out, lunchtime most likely.
            Place: Compond Road, (a.k.a. Route 202) Peekskill, NY just west of Taconic Parkway.

Ben (madmax-im), EarlG and I are planning on meeting up for the final run into Brattleboro on Fri 5/22. Anyone else coming up the NE corridor? Let's arrange to assemble a good-sized pack?

Comment

• Originally posted by randy View Post
              Place: Compond Road, (a.k.a. Route 202) Peekskill, NY just west of Taconic Parkway.

Ben (madmax-im), EarlG and I are planning on meeting up for the final run into Brattleboro on Fri 5/22. Anyone else coming up the NE corridor? Let's arrange to assemble a good-sized pack?
              Randy, don't forget me! I'm coming up from Martinsburg to meet up with you and Ben before you head out on Thursday!
              "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

• Well, looks like I won't be attending the rally. Things just took a royal crap at work and am off indefinetly.. at least until they get the Chrylser bankruptcy sorted out. Oh well, it was a nice thought while it lasted.

Have fun everyone.

Jim, Phil, somebody, please grab my Tshirt and bring it home. I'll hook up with you sometime.
                Brian
                1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
                1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
                remembering the same thing!

Comment

• Randy, don't forget me! I'm coming up from Martinsburg to meet up with you and Ben before you head out on Thursday!
                  Ryan, we're not leaving Thursday, we're leaving Friday. How and when are you heading up?

Comment

Ryan, we're not leaving Thursday, we're leaving Friday. How and when are you heading up?
                    PM sent. Details for the trip would be nice just so I can plan how/when to meet up with you guys.
                    "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

Randy thats CROMPOND Rd Look for the exit for the Bear Mtn Parkway Meeting at the Sunoco with the mini mart on Crompond Rd...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• The route up

Once we meet at the Sunoco on Crompond Rd...my plan is to take the Taconic Parkway north to where NY Rt 23 intersects...take that exit and connect up with NY Rt 22 N...Rt22 is a scenic road and I have been told this is a good route...unlike Rt7 from Pittsfield Ma to bennington(bad road too much stop and go traffic) So Rt22 N will lead into VT Rt 9 we take that thru bennington and continue all the way to Brattleboro...this is the most direct route...however there is another route thats abit longer and very scenic..but I will discuss that when we meet up in Peekskill
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                          Once we meet at the Sunoco on Crompond Rd...my plan is to take the Taconic Parkway north to where NY Rt 23 intersects...take that exit and connect up with NY Rt 22 N...Rt22 is a scenic road and I have been told this is a good route...unlike Rt7 from Pittsfield Ma to bennington(bad road too much stop and go traffic) So Rt22 N will lead into VT Rt 9 we take that thru bennington and continue all the way to Brattleboro...this is the most direct route...however there is another route thats abit longer and very scenic..but I will discuss that when we meet up in Peekskill
                          I'm just following the leader!

Comment

• Originally posted by FSCGunslinger View Post
                            I'm just following the leader!
                            Well I thought you wanted to know the routes...anyways you would need to be at the Sunoco station on Crompond Rd around noon Friday
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                              Well I thought you wanted to know the routes...anyways you would need to be at the Sunoco station on Crompond Rd around noon Friday
                              This will make me sound like an idiot, but I confused your name with madbiker's (aka. Ralph [as well as Brent] whom I'm meeting up with to ride up to Brattleboro), hence the asking for directions.

Comment

• Hj Gunslinger,
                                Following has responsibilities too. Intelegent suggestion will be expected at times of confusion and choices of route.
                                Questions such as: How far to the next gas stop or is there a Tim Hortons on this route you are suggesting?
                                Phil
                                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                                X