Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
    Hj Gunslinger,
    Following has responsibilities too. Intelegent suggestion will be expected at times of confusion and choices of route.
    Questions such as: How far to the next gas stop or is there a Tim Hortons on this route you are suggesting?
    Phil
    Mmmm... donuts...
    "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

• Originally posted by FSCGunslinger View Post
      This will make me sound like an idiot, but I confused your name with madbiker's (aka. Ralph [as well as Brent] whom I'm meeting up with to ride up to Brattleboro), hence the asking for directions.
      Ok its as clear as mud now... If you're coming up with ralph and Brent then you'll be in good company...no worries mate...and no there aren't any Tim Hortons on this route
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Ryan,

Ralph, Brent and Marty are taking a completely different route, so we'll see you all in Brattleboro!

Ben, yeah, the missing r was a typo, I'm very familiar with the area. I assume you're crossing the Hudson at the Bear Mountain Bridge? The Peekskill side of 202 has a really nice stretch of downhill twisties along the river. Enjoy!
        Last edited by randy; 05-05-2009, 03:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by randy View Post
          Ryan,

Ralph, Brent and Marty are taking a completely different route, so we'll see you all in Brattleboro!

Ben, yeah, the missing r was a typo, I'm very familiar with the area. I assume you're crossing the Hudson at the Bear Mountain Bridge? The Peekskill side of 202 has a really nice stretch of downhill twisties along the river. Enjoy!
          Yup we'll come up 287 and take the Palisades to the Bear Mtn Bridge...then get on the Bear Mtn Pkwy for a short stretch before we get to Crompond rd...I was just there 2 weekends ago and yeah that stretch from the bridge down to the BM pkwy is neat...done it both directions...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
            Once we meet at the Sunoco on Crompond Rd...my plan is to take the Taconic Parkway north to where NY Rt 23 intersects...take that exit and connect up with NY Rt 22 N...Rt22 is a scenic road and I have been told this is a good route...unlike Rt7 from Pittsfield Ma to bennington(bad road too much stop and go traffic) So Rt22 N will lead into VT Rt 9 we take that thru bennington and continue all the way to Brattleboro...this is the most direct route...however there is another route thats abit longer and very scenic..but I will discuss that when we meet up in Peekskill
            I'm riding up from Maryland with one, maybe two other guys. We are heading out Thursday and are talking about meeting up with you guys Friday for the ride in.
            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
            1981 LH

Comment

• Great! Can you find Peekskill, NY?

Comment

• Originally posted by randy View Post
                Great! Can you find Peekskill, NY?
                Google maps is my friend
                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
                1981 LH

Comment

• Where do you plan to stay Thurs night?

Comment

• Looking for a hotel in the area. any suggestions?

1980 LG
                    1981 LH

Comment

• In the area of??

NY, NJ? What is your mileage limit per day?

Comment

• Well, i thought if I was meeting people in Peekskill, I'd ride up around there Thursday and not have to worry about being on time friday. I'm close to 400 miles south of there.

1980 LG
                        1981 LH

Comment

• Don't have any recommendations, but here are the close ones:

Peekskill Motor Inn Ofc
                          634 Main St, Peekskill, NY
                          914-739-6859 (0.29 miles away)

Union Hotel
                          59 Hudson Ave # 4, Peekskill, NY
                          914-737-9762 (0.51 miles away)

Town Lyne Motel
                          2381 Crompond Rd, Cortlandt Manor, NY
                          914-737-8202 (3.36 miles away)

Watergate Motor Inn
                          81 Furnace Dock Rd, Croton On Hudson, NY
                          914-271-4322 (4.16 miles away)

Bear Mountain Bridge Motel
                          1041 Route 9W, Fort Montgomery, NY
                          845-446-2472 (Unable To Locate)

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point-Fort
                          1106 Route 9w, Fort Montgomery, NY
                          Website | 877-410-6681 (4.48 miles away)

Comment

• yep, got them on google also... I'll be in touch before the ride.

1980 LG
                            1981 LH

Comment

• following responsibilities

[QUOTE=randy;206953]Ryan,

I plan to leave GA early & ride north for a long time. I have fresh oil & new tires on my red firefighters edition hd.

Responsibilities when following; If a buddy you are following gets stung by a bee at a rest stop, Do NOT be amused...no matter how animated he is as he exitedly tears his clothes off. Do not become transfixed in amazement as he spins his head around like an owl, checking for a sting on his back. and do not take any more pictures. Just put your camera down, and get the bite/sting treatment out of your first aid kit - immediately!.

I know of a fellow who failed to follow this advice. Before that day ended, He was stung, right between the eyes, while riding.

and NO. I will not share the pictures.
                              It is a great big beautiful world out there
                              Brent in GA
                              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• [QUOTE=Brent;208188]
                                Originally posted by randy View Post
                                Ryan,

I plan to leave GA early & ride north for a long time. I have fresh oil & new tires on my red firefighters edition hd.

Responsibilities when following; If a buddy you are following gets stung by a bee at a rest stop, Do NOT be amused...no matter how animated he is as he exitedly tears his clothes off. Do not become transfixed in amazement as he spins his head around like an owl, checking for a sting on his back. and do not take any more pictures. Just put your camera down, and get the bite/sting treatment out of your first aid kit - immediately!.

I know of a fellow who failed to follow this advice. Before that day ended, He was stung, right between the eyes, while riding.

and NO. I will not share the pictures.
                                LOL, I got stung in GA last year, no other injuries however. Pride or anything!!
                                Gary Granger
                                Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                                2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X