XSEast 09 Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry

Not this year guys. But next year for sure. I'll bring the fully restored "Diva" to the rally. Phil you can book me into your room for that one. Everyone have a great time and bring back lots of pics and stories to rub my nose in. Thx Rick.
    I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

• Originally posted by newc4 View Post
      Is anyone passing by WashDC Friday? If so I'd like to join up with you. Otherwise I may ride up to Delaware Thursday and overnight with my parents.

I see Dpotter58 is heading up Thursday, but it looks like his group is leaving earlier and going further.

Less than a week? Guess I should see if I can get my bike started.

Darrell
      If you want to ride to Peekskill Thursday and stay oevr there, you would be welcome to do so.
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

• Dspotter58,

What are your travel plans and route of march on Thursday. I may join you if that would be all right.

Darrell
        Darrell
        78E
        80G project
        06FJR

Comment

• Originally posted by newc4 View Post
          Dspotter58,

What are your travel plans and route of march on Thursday. I may join you if that would be all right.

Darrell
          I sent you a PM.
          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

• Important rally info

In case anyone was wondering, directly accross the street from the hotel there is a state liquor store and beer in the supermarket. oh, i think the supermarket also sells solid food

Are we there yet?

Comment

• Just got back last night from CT/RI/Mass last night. Geez, now I have to cross NY again in a few days. See you all there!
              80 SG
              81 SH in parts
              99 ST1100
              91 ST1100

Comment

• Max Attax

Alright folks just got back from Ontario yesterday Max is up and running although I did have some problems with dirt in the carbs...but all is well. So it looks like he'll be runnin' with the pack! Just pray for good weather...Max is a naked bike again so fighting the headwind will be interesting...heres a pic as some of you have been waiting to see what a fine job Jim did on him!

1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• A naked bike looks cooler anyway! I'm riding up from WV on a naked Maxim. I think I should get some kind of award! LOL. That's gotta be some sort of record for distance on a naked bike (or maybe a "stupid distance rider" award? lol).
                  "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

• Well I had the bike out today and trying to get used to an 80 mph heawind and it'll prolly get tiring in the 1st 100 miles...but like you said a naked bike is cooler...literally as well as figuratively... It will be good to see other XJs'...so we'll be in good company.
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Ben;

Feet on rear pegs, belly on tank, you can ride for hours with no wind buffeting

BTW;

TARGET ACQUIRED

Comment

• Originally posted by randy View Post
                        Ben;

Feet on rear pegs, belly on tank, you can ride for hours with no wind buffeting

BTW;

TARGET ACQUIRED

That technique might work except for my handlebars that would leave my arms hanging in the wind like ape hangers But I'm sure one of those Arrogant Bastards would erase all the pain...LOL
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Arrogant Bastards would erase all the pain...LOL
                          In a heartbeat, my friend! 8% alcohol and a 22oz. bottle. Their motto is "You're not Worthy. I'm trying to prove them wrong

Comment

• I had three of them last year before I saw the girl in the white dress. There was a girl in a white dress right?
                            Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by randy View Post
                              In a heartbeat, my friend! 8% alcohol and a 22oz. bottle. Their motto is "You're not Worthy. I'm trying to prove them wrong
                              If you can drink that horse piss then you're worthy
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• what girl in a white dress did you get a picture?
                                Ralph

Comment

Working...
                                X