2018 Colorado Rally, July 12-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I imagine this is what we can expect: Rally Rides July 13 & 14 & 15

Bonz ready to lead the Day Ride (when everybody finally realizes it is time to ROLL)
    Maybe we need to try some new "Ready to Go Now" signals since leader on bike with motor revving
    and blowing the horn doesn't seem to get desired results

Along with everyone else, looking forward to it. Only 134 days to go!
    So Book em' Danno (er, Greg).

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 02-28-2018, 10:47 AM.
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
      I imagine this is what we can expect: Rally Rides July 13 & 14 & 15

Bonz ready to lead the Day Ride (when everybody finally realizes it is time to ROLL)
      Maybe we need to try some new "Ready to Go Now" signals since leader on bike with motor revving
      and blowing the horn doesn't seem to get desired results

Along with everyone else, looking forward to it. Only 134 days to go!
      So Book em' Danno (er, Greg).

Jeff
      Looks like a typical XSive gathering We have all been guilty of not being ready when it is time to go
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• ^^^ What he said ^^^
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• I responded from the link on my phone and it took me to a few posts before, didn’t see BA’s question had been answered.

Yep, gonna be a good time!
          Last edited by Bonz; 03-01-2018, 09:22 AM.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Hey, sorry for the late response, but count me in.
            Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
            '82 XJ1100
            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Look forward to it!
              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                Hey, sorry for the late response, but count me in.
                Rich comic,g again? Did I,g or trailering?
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• I don't know, I will ask him. I don't really want to trailer again, so I imagine he won't come.
                  Harry

'79 Standard
                  '82 XJ1100
                  '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Just reserved a cabin for that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
                    Harry

'79 Standard
                    '82 XJ1100
                    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Very good!

How’s the lightweight battery working?

Put mine in late spring last year, love it, 280 CCA based on however they rate those lithium units.

Fired the ZRX 1200 up after a few cranks on a below freezing Saturday morning, as I wanted to test how cold sensitive the lithium batteries were. In this case, a sub 2 lb battery spun and fired a crankcase of 15w40 with full choke in normal time.
                      Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                        I don't know, I will ask him. I don't really want to trailer again, so I imagine he won't come.
                        I don't want to trailer either. Too much work, too expensive, and to damn boring.

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                        Just reserved a cabin for that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
                        You DO NOT get to sleep in front of the AC. They completely remodeled that place in Minnesota after 2 visits from you.
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• ^^Sounds like there’s a story in this somewhere?^^
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                            ^^Sounds like there’s a story in this somewhere?^^
                            There is but it really stinks.
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Lol and ROFL.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                                There is but it really stinks.
                                Yup....still kinda stunk when you posted here referring to that shortly after the fact.
                                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                                X