No announcement yet.

2018 Colorado Rally, July 12-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the “basic” info??? Dang, I guess I forgot to mention the Kleenex are pastel prints in the shower house and not eggshell white.

LOL!

As far as rides, there have been proposed a number of different rides, there are really no bad ones to be had. As we get to summer and know more about Cottonwood pass paving work, that will help determine one of the longer day rides.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Pastels! I was assured they were paisley! (huffs)
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Pastel prints... in Paisley...
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
          Pastel prints... in Paisley...
          (whew!) That'll work then.
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Is that fire breathing, rock throwing renegade 'El Toro' going to make a cameo appearance?

It is worth a 4,000 mile motorcycle trip just to see that.
            But BV KOA might not be as willing to let El Toro run wild as it did in Echo Canyon.

Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Yeah! El Toro needs a muzzle at a KOA.
              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• El Toro will be there!

Even though El Toro has been silent for a while I think I will be able to bring him to the rally this year, I think I have a set of mufflers to keep him quiet in the camp area,but will probably uncork him for a snarling open road ride,I came across a Buffalo skull recently that I might grab and transform El Toro into "Tatonka"The Buffalo bike !
                78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

• “El Toro” is the real deal! “Tatonka” just isn’t the same ring to it...

But a buffalo skull would look BA!
                  Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• "Tatonka", silent but still very deadly. Whether getting bull horned or buffalo trampled, either outcome can ruin your day.

Finally got around to making some plans. I've done the "go north to to west" deal for a couple of years. Am set up this time west for motels in Tupelo MS, Hot Springs AR, Ada OK, Pampa TX, Raton NM & finally BV. Be in BV on Thurs 12th for the Fri group ride. At least that's the plan.

It will be hot. Humidity will be extreme until Pampa. But that's half the fun. Man and machine vs the elements.
                    When it is man vs machine vs elements, well that's a different kind of dilemma isn't it. Like Greg towing Tod off the mountain in a blizzard

Jeff
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E
                    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                      Finally got around to making some plans. I've done the "go north to to west" deal for a couple of years. Am set up this time west for motels in Tupelo MS, Hot Springs AR, Ada OK, Pampa TX, Raton NM & finally BV. Be in BV on Thurs 12th for the Fri group ride. At least that's the plan.
                      Jeff, looks like you try to keep your days to under 300 miles? At least this time around.
                      Not sure if that was the case with your big ride last year.
                      80 SG
                      81 SH in parts
                      99 ST1100
                      91 ST1100

Comment

• Not going to ride in severe thunderstorms. BTDT

All about flexibility. For MAX FUN. To me it's all about maximizing the FUN. Depart 6am or noon as severe weather permits. Plus I've got some museums and historical things I want to visit along the way on this route. Plus mostly back roads so 300 miles is a lot in GA, AL, MS and AR into SE OK. Plus i always stop for cactus, snakes, Armadillo (always worry about hitting one of those in Alabama, all over the place), aardvarks, unicorns, interesting rocks, bridges, rivers, waterfalls and talking with interesting people. I'm in no rush. Ride window I plan is 300 to 400 miles a day or 500 and 600 miles a day ok too. Most I've done on an XS11 is 640 miles in a day which is what a lot of XSives have done. To me Iron Butt on an interstate is pretty pointless unless time constrained to get A to B. Last July's 6,000 mile trip was 21 Day Rides strung together in a row. Had a blast.

Jeff
                        Last edited by JeffH; 02-25-2018, 11:38 AM.
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post

All about flexibility. For MAX FUN.
                          Sounds good!
                          80 SG
                          81 SH in parts
                          99 ST1100
                          91 ST1100

Comment

• May wanna give this rally a go Dean.
                            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Just to be sure before I turn in my vaca request, this is planned for the weekend of July 13th - 16th right?

I'm thinking of taking the week after off also and heading North to Montana to visit some friends and family.

Maybe come back south down through Idaho, Nevada, Maybe some of Utah and Arizona on the way home.
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                                Yes, Jerry posted it in an earlier post. I don’t know how to make a link in every post so that it’s easily found. Maybe I can add the link to my signature. Starting a day earlier on Thursday.

Edit: Rally Link is now in my signature!

July 12-16, 2018
                                Buena Vista, Colorado area.
                                Command Central is The KOA just south of BV.

Yes Bonz and Sebastian set the CO Rally for that July 13-16 weekend.
                                Plus 12th as Bonus Day for those that can arrive on Thursday.

That trip up to MT sounds great. Nice ride and good time to catch up with family and friends up there.

Jeff
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E
                                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
                                X