Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Gazing

Might have some good Star Gazing July 12, 13, 14
    Moon Rise / Moon Set (Time & Azmuth) Meridian Passing Time - Distance to moon(mi) - % Illumination

5:17 am ↑ (63°) 8:18 pm ↑ (297°) - 12:48 pm (70.9°) - 222,291 - 0.2%
    6:24 am ↑ (64°) 9:14 pm ↑ (294°) - 1:52 pm (69.6°) 222,235 - 0.8%
    7:36 am ↑ (67°) 10:02 pm ↑ (290°) - 2:53 pm (66.8°) - 223,458 - 4.7%

But if its cloudy maybe we can get some Stargazer at eddyline in BV.

Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• I don’t know what the heck that means? Other then we’re in the mountains and no city light to distract from looking at the stars.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• It means put new batteries in your flashlights. It's gonna be dark.
        No moon. No moonlight so a trip hazard on that 2am walk to the out house without good flashlight. And, if it's clear some extra good stargazing for anybody that looks up.

Jeff
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Walk to the outhouse? Don’t you notice I put my tent close to the trees? Ha ha!

In any case, no moon means great stars!
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
            Wow, Bonz...
            Here I was, trying to get you all riled up to a good "trash talkin'" and then you go and ruin it by saying nice things about me!

Classy move!

Thanks, bro... but I've seen you ride that ZRX, too.

Biggest disadvantage my C14's got is it's weight, (and it's riders', too!)

Look forward to riding with you again, and all you guys!
            Bob
            A man has got to know his limitations... C14’s are awesome bikes!
            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
              A man has got to know his limitations... C14’s are awesome bikes!
              Yes, they are...
              And so are ZRX's!

I feel like saying "Kawasaki's Rule!" but since this a Yamaha site...
              better'd not...

'82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
              "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• By my count, the Kremmling Rally had the following bikes...

1 C10 Concours
                1 C14 Concours
                1 ZRX1200
                1 BMW R1200RT
                1 Honda Gold Wing
                1 Honda ST 1300
                1 Honda Magna (700 cc mid-80’s tariff model)

wait for it...

Yamaha’s finally, but where are the Xs’s???
                1 FJR 1300
                1 V-Max (Gen 1)

...here they are!
                6 XS11’s

Total:

8 Yammie’s, 7 “orphan” bikes
                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• I bet more Yamahas than any other are being ridden LD to the rally.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• No doubt on that Greg! Will 3phase ride his Harley or an XS, that is my burning question.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                      No doubt on that Greg! Will 3phase ride his Harley or an XS, that is my burning question.
                      It depends on which one he worked on last, if he worked on it it'll be staying home.
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Just a quick note...

it looks like Colorado is going to have a bad fire season unless we get more rain. Channel 9 News out of Denver had this report yesterday:

26-ACRE WILDFIRE BURNING NEAR BUENA VISTA 60 PERCENT CONTAINED

The public is urged to avoid this area as fire crews from several agencies fight the blaze.

Author: Allison Sylte
                        Published: 2:25 PM MDT April 1, 2018
                        Updated: 10:19 PM MDT April 1, 2018

A wildfire that scorched 26.7 acres near Buena Vista was 60 percent contained about 12 hours after it sparked on Sunday afternoon.

According to the Chaffee County Fire Protection District, no cause has been determined for the fire that's burning off of County Road 339.

Some residents in the area were briefly evacuated, but those orders were lifted after just a few hours.

Much of the state (over 71 percent) is in either a severe or extreme drought status. This is up from 3.44 percent a year ago. Hopefully we will get more than average rain between now and the rally dates. Right now the state is very dry!
                        Jerry Fields
                        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                        '06 Concours
                        My Galleries Page.
                        My Blog Page.
                        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• It won’t take much for most of the mountainous western states to go up like a tinder box this summer.

Human growth and encroachment makes fires which are a natural occurrence a destructive thing because of our desire to simply be somewhere that we weren’t before.

I live in an area that has had massive fires burn hundreds and hundreds of high dollar homes within 10 miles of my house in the past 7 years. Waldo Canyon fire and Black Forest fire.

California fires just like Colorado fires, IMO, are a great example... growth without responsibility. And people using the outdoors that don’t deserve the opportunity because the don’t have the brains.

It’s simply nature taking back her own.
                          Last edited by Bonz; 04-02-2018, 08:35 PM.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                            It depends on which one he worked on last, if he worked on it it'll be staying home.
                            Flippin' birds....

The XJ's running fine even though Bonz has me and Soccer Mike riding nasty old XS1100s instead of our far more modern and clearly superior bikes to Kremmling.
                            -- Scott
                            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                            1979 XS1100F: parts
                            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• You are so correct, was not giving the XJ’s their proper due. I generalized and the darn 10 minute edit rule won’t allow editing to “2 Technolgically Superior XJ’s” and “4 XS11’s”.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Ride the Big Boy Scott

HOwdy 3Phase, actually I was hoping you would ride out that shiny,new, updated, chromed, wheelied, big V twin to the rally,,,,one of the few Harleys to actually make it to a rally as we have all seen your sweet XJ. I just picked up Roo's Kawasaki Greenie Nomad, as it cost him more than it was worth to fix the oil pump tragedy in..................Helll,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Beaver, Utah. In an attempt to fix it,,,,hoping to get the engine back to its former glory. But will probably still ride the ol xj as it has been bullet proof for the last 140000 miles......Ride the Harley, and make the boys Drool, tough choice as it is a Yamaha Rally. RIde on,,,MIke in Sun DIego
                                mike
                                1982 xj1100 maxim
                                1981 venture bagger
                                1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
                                1959 wife

Comment

Working...
                                X