No announcement yet.

2018 Colorado Rally, July 12-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike you are retired, that engine doesn’t stand a chance NOT to get fixed and ready to ride. Roo thinking of coming on the bobber again?

Finishing up my second year of middle school math teaching, had a good year. Was offered the Asst Athletic Director job last week and to become the PE teacher next year. I jumped on it, I will get to wear sweat pants to work every day...
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Yoga pants to work, Howard?!

I haven't decided which bike to ride but it'll probably be the Harley. I got it for long trips even though a couple of thousand miles to Colorado doesn't really count as a long trip.

This morning I'm on my way out the door for a group ride up to Jalama Beach near Lompoc.
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Negative Ghostrider ... sweat pants are NOT yoga pants.

It’s just a warm up ride for the Harley getting out here. Can’t wait to see it!
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
          You are so correct, was not giving the XJ’s their proper due. I generalized and the darn 10 minute edit rule won’t allow editing to “2 Technolgically Superior XJ’s” and “4 XS11’s”.
          there were 3 XJ's... I was on one also.
          Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
          80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
          82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
          82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
          82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
          72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
          72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

• I quit... "There were various Yamaha's in attendance... "
            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• My plans so far, I am going to ride out to Idaho with my nephew and visit family for a few days before heading to Colorado on my way back. Not sure at this point if I will be there Thursday or Friday. Heading back to Kansas City Monday morning. Anyone going through Salt Lake City heading to the rally, let me know, might be able to meet up and ride together.
              Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
              '82 XJ1100
              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Is your nephew coming to the rally?
                Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• No, unfortunately. I picked up an XS1100 79 special for him for his graduation. He is flying out here and we are riding back to Idaho together. Timing just didn't work out to bring him along for the rally.
                  Harry

'79 Standard
                  '82 XJ1100
                  '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• That’s a great graduation present!
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• That's what I thought. . It was my incentive to him to stay in school and actually graduate. He just graduated early two weeks ago. I am going to pick up the bike in a couple weeks. I know the bike and the owner. The bike has been well cared for and is in excellent condition. Plenty of time to get it here, put a few miles on it to check for any issues and most likely some new rubber before the trip.
                      Harry

'79 Standard
                      '82 XJ1100
                      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Looks like I'll be headed over alone now unless XJOK2PLAY will be riding instead of trailering this year.
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                          Looks like I'll be headed over alone now unless XJOK2PLAY will be riding instead of trailering this year.
                          Yeah, sorry Greg.
                          Harry

'79 Standard
                          '82 XJ1100
                          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                            Looks like I'll be headed over alone now unless XJOK2PLAY will be riding instead of trailering this year.
                            Greg,
                            Nothing's set in stone yet.

Chatted a bit with Bohn last night.
                            He says he plans on going, but didn't get into details yet.

I'm still hopeful that I'll make this one. Lonnette got bad again last month, after several months of feeling ok. Went through 2 weeks of really bad pain, had to rush her back to the cancer facility for tests. I'd never seen her so bad...screaming and crying with pain, no pain pill, heating pad, topical ointment, or tens shock unit therapy helped. She couldn't get up out of a chair, walk, drive, sleep flat in the bed... for 2 weeks she was in the recliner.
                            She has to take a med that blocks all estrogen production. Seems to attack her bones as well. She stopped the med for about 10 days, and got better. Now she's back on it the past 3 days, getting bad again.
                            Whoever said "Cancer Sux" sure got it right.
                            For her type of cancer, estrogen feeds it. Med that removes it creates intense pain in her bones. Some trade off. Either way, no quality of life.

At this point, I'm just hoping she'll be ok enough for me to make the rally.
                            I REALLY wanna make this one...BAD!

If I go though, and Bohn does too, we'll probably do like we normally do.
                            It just works out good for both of us.

Fingers crossed, time will tell.

Perhaps, if you want, you and I could ride together to Witchita, meet Bohn there, and we could travel west together from there?

As rally time gets closer, I'll keep you posted.
                            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Really sorry to hear that Bob. I hope she makes a recovery soon my friend.
                              Harry

'79 Standard
                              '82 XJ1100
                              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                                Really sorry to hear that Bob. I hope she makes a recovery soon my friend.
                                Thanks, Harry.
                                Me too.

We hope it's just this med and not something more serious.
                                She's had 2 pet scans post surgery and 16 rds of chemo, and at that time, all looked good. She felt ok, and had pretty much resumed her normal life...working, driving, cooking, cleaning, etc.

Then... I got the phone call, and chaos was on the other end.
                                Seems like it may be med-caused though. I've just never seen her like that before. She has a VERY high pain tolerence level. It was pretty rough what she's been through this past year. But this had her screaming and crying for a week!
                                It literally shut her completely down.

She stopped taking it, and the pain lessened, and she went back to her routine again. Started back on it 4 days ago, already complaining about how bad she's hurting again.

The dang meds are almost as bad as the cancer. Don't know which is worse.
                                All of her family lives out of state... in Colorado. So, I'm her help.

I can't stand to see her hurt like that. Breaks my heart.
                                We're hoping it's just this med causing it though, and that now she's a cancer survivor, and that it never comes back. Right now, her oncologist has ordered another pet scan, but the insurance company is balking.
                                So, we're stuck in limbo until the test is approved.

I wanna see your new FJR Harry!
                                '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                                "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
                                X