No announcement yet.

2018 Colorado Rally, July 12-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There will shortly be a link to the T-Shirt page on the rally web page.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

• A link to the T-shirt page has been added to the rally page. My site updates every couple of hours so if you do not see the link here is the direct address:

http://www.appleattic.net/BuenaVista/tshirt.htm
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
        From Aspen to Glenwood Springs is a nice ride then we go through Glenwood Canyon on I 70, turn off at Minturn before Vail. Not much Interstate but it's good interstate in the mountains.
        Thats perfect.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

• PayPal payment sent for 1 long-sleeve XL shirt.
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.

Comment

• Order T Shirts for rally!

Hey guys, get me those t-shirt orders. Don't hold off till the last, don't want to miss anybody and it's helpful for me as well.

Click the rally site link in my signature and the T-shirt info is right there along with PayPal address.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• $23 sent. Thank you, Sir!
              '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
              "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• OK guys, I need to get official orders from Jeff, Mike, Mike’s brother-in-law if he’s coming, Sebastian, Jerry Roy (CaptonZap), Scott, and Roo if anyone can check with him. Brant and Anita have said they are going to sit this one out and won’t be joining us, despite some prodding from me I could not change their mind.
                Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Rally Time

HI Bonz,,,,we have four coming from S.California,,,,me, Scott, Roo, and my buddy Steve,,,,we are meeting up in Barstow and heading out to Motomans house then the Rally,,,,on friday. I will give Motoman a call and check in. The bikes should be two harleys, a big honda VTX, and my ol xj1100....I will also get an order in for the tshirts.........thanks,,,Basketball Rocks,,,,,see ya, Mike in Sun DIego
                  mike
                  1982 xj1100 maxim
                  1981 venture bagger
                  1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
                  1959 wife

Comment

• That’s awesome to hear! Brant told me there might be a bunch of you guys, he’s excited to see you stopping through.

Rode with a friend who has a VTX 1800, it’s a big ‘old bike for sure.

I can figure one of the Harleys is Scott’s. Who is riding the other Harley and who’s riding the VTX? I would guess Roo does the VTX since he liked the Kawasaki big nomad V twin, and your friend the Harley?
                    Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Right on the bikes

Yep,,,Scott's shiny new Harley Softmail beauty,,,,Roo's VTX 1800, My buddy Steve's Harley Dyna, my Xj1100 should be cruising through Brants place then up to see you guys if we survive the Beaver, Utah curse...

Ride on, Mike in Sun Diego
                      mike
                      1982 xj1100 maxim
                      1981 venture bagger
                      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
                      1959 wife

Comment

• Long Sleeve - Large por favor
                        $19 sent

Jeff
                        Last edited by JeffH; 06-18-2018, 06:22 AM.
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E
                        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

• Thanks Jeff. Need 3Phase to check in while he’s out on the road! Mike is getting the others of the California contingent taken care of and getting the numbers.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Hi guys, we are at 17 shirts. 3Phase hasn’t checked in (got 2 shirts last year), soccer4m is getting his buddy and Roo’s info to me (2 shirts I hope), CaptonZap hasn’t gotten back to me on size yet (1 shirt last year) which has me a bit “concerned” as I have left a phone message as well. Sebastian has not checked in since I posted this last week and sent a PM (1 shirt last year).

If any of you guys that have already ordered one shirt want to add a second shirt, that will help asssure we make the 24 in order to get this pricing on the shirts. Otherwise it will go up $1-$2 per shirt and I would collect that from guys at the rally.
                            Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• Hey guys, I held off on the order one more day.

Mike- Any word from your buddy or Roo?

Sebastian- Texted and left a message, you get special treatment! You started this thread wayback, full of ambition, you’re going to be in for a shirt if I don’t hear from you. .

Jerry (CZ)- Hope you are well. Send me a sign, any sign. Just so it has a T-shirt size...

Talked to Scott, he got his order in.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

• For some reason, I didn't get a text message alert when you sent it, Bonz, but I opened up the little text app on my phone and there it was -- sorry about that!

I'll be on the Harley this year but I was thinking about bringing the XJ because Yamaha. The XJ's not made for long rides and I haven't been able to find a new windshield for it. The cracked windshield that came with the bike and managed to survive the trip to XSSE last year finally broke off the bike when I dropped it in the parking lot. Oh, shucky-darn.

I had fun stomping it into little bitty pieces and putting them in the trash but replacements that fit the XJ11 brackets are unobtanium unless I want to buy one that might fit, then pay return shipping and stocking if it doesn't.

To heck with that for a game of horseshoes, it's more fun riding the XJ locally and up in the hills without the windshield anyway so pffft.
                                -- Scott
                                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                                1979 XS1100F: parts
                                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
                                X