2017 Colorado/Western Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
    Brant, The campground is mainly an RV park. Could you and the Mrs. haul your trailer there and join us? I think I remember you had one at the Durango rally.
    Still have it, but likely would just run up there cage-bound. Possibly just do the motel option as Jeff has done.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• How far is the motel from the campground? Is it in Kremmling?
      What's the name/ phone number for it?
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Well, here we go... I'm going to fly in to Denver and rent a bike....
        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
        1981 LH

Comment

• Welcome dpotter58!

Motel is maybe one mile or so west, in Kremmling. Campground is a mile east of Kremmling, on Hwy 40.

JeffH posted up he had reserved a room in Kremmling but didn't say which place.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonz View Post
            Welcome dpotter58!

Motel is maybe one mile or so west, in Kremmling. Campground is a mile east of Kremmling, on Hwy 40.

JeffH posted up he had reserved a room in Kremmling but didn't say which place.
            Yeah, I doubt someone who flies to a bike rally from a place called Mary land is tough enough to camp with the men. Bet he shows up on a Hardley.

It'll bee good to see you my friend.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Would like to do this rally, if only for the fact to bum out Potter by showing up, but will be just getting back from vacation the weekend before that and I'll be in the middle of a big $11m project at work.

But who knows.. I could get fired by then or hit the lottery. I prefer the latter.
              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100
              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

• Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                Well, here we go... I'm going to fly in to Denver and rent a bike....
                Way to go DuWayne...maybe see you there...or...XS East...or...both.
                80 SG
                81 SH in parts
                99 ST1100
                91 ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig View Post
                  Would like to do this rally, if only for the fact to bum out Potter by showing up, but will be just getting back from vacation the weekend before that and I'll be in the middle of a big $11m project at work.

But who knows.. I could get fired by then or hit the lottery. I prefer the latter.
                  You're getting as good with the excuses as Russ or Ben.

You even got a bike running yet?
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by trbig View Post
                    Would like to do this rally, if only for the fact to bum out Potter by showing up, but will be just getting back from vacation the weekend before that and I'll be in the middle of a big $11m project at work.

Awww.....C'mon up Tod.....they DO have Wi-Fi(inside joke).
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                      You're getting as good with the excuses as Russ or Ben.

You even got a bike running yet?
                      Hey now i resemble that remark...LOL
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                        Well, here we go... I'm going to fly in to Denver and rent a bike....
                        Hi DuWayne,
                        Did you join Eagle Riders or just do daily rental ?
                        If my lottery comes in I'll be interested and may do the same
                        Phil
                        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• And like I asked in the p.m. yesterday, what bike did you reserve? I would be partial to the BMW R1200RT for the kind of riding we will do. A heavier bagger on the twisty high altitude roads behind a slow vehicle or two might be more work than you want.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

• Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
                            How far is the motel from the campground? Is it in Kremmling?
                            What's the name/ phone number for it?
                            Motel where JeffH is staying is the Super 8 in Kremmling, if that is of some help.

Comment

• Far?..........IIRC, approx. 6mi. north of Kremmling towards Grand Lake.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                                Hi DuWayne,
                                Did you join Eagle Riders or just do daily rental ?
                                If my lottery comes in I'll be interested and may do the same
                                Phil
                                I did join Phil. $29 to join and $29 a month. Each month you are in you earn a free days rental. By July I should have 7 days worth so the bike will be covered. I'm sure there will be an insurance charge and who knows what else but seems like a good deal. They have a lot of locations. If you do sign up, use my code FLWAK and I get another free day.

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                                And like I asked in the p.m. yesterday, what bike did you reserve? I would be partial to the BMW R1200RT for the kind of riding we will do. A heavier bagger on the twisty high altitude roads behind a slow vehicle or two might be more work than you want.
                                Didn't reserve one yet. I'll do it as we get closer to the rally. I can't use my credits until they are accumulated. My "personal" rep Glenn, assured me they have plenty of bikes and it's not a busy time for them... I'll take your advice on the BMW if it's available.

I'm pretty excited and am 100% in. For you guys that live out there, ever been to a bar in Fort Collins called lucky's ? It belongs to a neighbors cousin.
                                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                                1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X