2011 ColoRally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finals or Registration?

That's first term finals day or last day to register for Nuclear Engineering classes - which is it Ray?

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Just when the Cyclotron is started once again. It broke Memorial Day, and we were supposed to use it starting that Wednesday. After the July 4 shutdown is the soonest we can get some time, so I get to ride QUICKLY from Durango to College Station.
      Besides, with two A.S. degrees, I don't think I can teach, and I'm too old to learn!
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

cyclotron - cool

thats neat - ray if you are over 40 (and i know you are!) you can teach - your experience makes up for any degree which nowadays isn't what it used to be...

durango to college station about 900 miles give or take.

john

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

Bar D Chuckwagon

All:

I have gone ahead and guaranteed a table for 14...anchored to my credit card! If you have already called Bar D, please call back (970-247-5753 or toll free at 888-800-5753) and CANCEL your individual reservation.

Here is the way the lady at Bar D explained it:

We now have a table and group reservation established. It is under Brant Personious / XS-XJ Motorcycle Group. There is no need to call and make individual reservations, but you must let Motoman know if you will be attending so we can get a head count. We can pay individually, as a group, or however we want. If we do not all get there at the same time - gates open at 5:30 PM - identify yourself as part of the XS- XJ group so we can be seated together.

Cost has gone up a buck...is now $21.00 for beef or chicken, $26.00 for beef and chicken, or $33.00 for 12 oz rib eye steak. Price includes the meal and stage show.

So far I think the head count is 6. (Motoman = 2, Jerry = 1, Ray = 1, jwhughes3 = 2.) Plenty of room for more, and if we go over 14, so much the better!

If we end up with less than 14, I will not be charged, but we may not be seated together. So, in the interest of getting our own spot, lets see if we can fill those 14 seats. Thanks!
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Thanks a bunch Jerry!............never turn down a free meal and show nor a Jerry/Ray bantor........gotta love it...........and I'll cancel my individual res..........lol.
            Last edited by motoman; 06-07-2011, 01:42 PM.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I'll RSVP for 4 adults and 1 child.
              1979 xs1100 Special -
              Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
              Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
              My Bike:
              [link is broken]

Comment

gas prices

I sure hope those dips in gas prices appear soon - just mapped out this summer's route Texas - Colorado - Sacramento - San Diego - Texas - 4000 miles which equates to about 266 gallons of fuel (I am not counting riding around colorado fuel).

Please drop...please drop....please drop....

Last big trip I did gas was about $2.40 I think ....

John

Comment

Runnin' bout $3.48 here in Junction, but Durango WILL be a bit higher........tourist-trap and all. Surrounding areas will be bout the same.
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Looks like with CaliCrew, your res. table should fill Jerry. Come one,come all if your there in time! BTW.......little known secret.....Cy(owner) never has turned down a guest, res. or not.......but can you imagine the cluster-duck that would create if known by the unknowing?

Comment

• I am budgeting $4.10/gal

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                      Runnin' bout $3.48 here in Junction, but Durango WILL be a bit higher........tourist-trap and all. Surrounding areas will be bout the same.

I am budgeting $4.10/gal or about $1100 in fuel - I figure the under $4 outside Kalifornia will be counteracted by the OVER $4 in the Golden State.

Man I miss the cheap gas of old - was only about a decade ago before 9/11 I filled up for $0.69/gal at the Conoco down the street when prices dipped so low and began an ever upward spiral. Can you imagine a 4000 mile trip for under $200 in gas!

Sigh...

John

Comment

• Yea, well used to "drag" main all night in our REAL muscle cars for a couple bucks too........ooohh well, wish in one hand and ------ in the other, see which fills the quickest......BTW JW, good safe calculations.......better long than comin' up short.......
                        Last edited by motoman; 06-08-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• 15 mpg is the key

Yeah well thats all assuming an average 15mpg the entire trip. Damn 6.0L crew cab 2500 HD gets 12-13 in town and its a stick. I can get to 15, I just can't drive over 65 and will spare the AC when possible. Best ever was 17mpg on a 55mph run years ago. Still frustrated thinking about that one!

" I can't driiiiive fifty-five!"

John

Comment

• First gas-up

This may give away my age, but the first time I bought gas was for my Whizzer motorbike. It was $.11/gal and the tank held just under 1 gal. The crankcase held about cup of oil. Oh to be that price again....
                            You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                            Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                            Drilled airbox
                            Tkat fork brace
                            Hardly mufflers
                            late model carbs
                            Newer style fuses
                            Oil pressure guage
                            Custom security system
                            Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

• " I can't driiiiive fifty-five!"
                              John, If you are in California, you CAN drive 55 IF you are towing ANYTHING with ANYTHING! But, I DO feel your pain. My "normal" commute speed WILL get me a BIG TICKET, or worse!
                              Ray Matteis
                              KE6NHG
                              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

• Big ticket

Yeah, I've seen a couple of those! Around here the freeway speed is usually around 75 unless it's heavy traffic. I like to go just a little faster than the cages because it's safer for me. Now I have had HP motor officers tell me that, then they tell me to "watch your rearview mirror, 'cause the next one that sneaks up on you, might not be so nice". So I vowed then and there to make it next impossible to "sneak up on me" by going so darn fast you gotta be riding a Busa to even think about it.
                                You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                                Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                                Drilled airbox
                                Tkat fork brace
                                Hardly mufflers
                                late model carbs
                                Newer style fuses
                                Oil pressure guage
                                Custom security system
                                Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...