No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all go ahead and reserve your rooms now. It would be great to have our group own the whole place.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

My browser won't let me get to their page. It's telling me my malware is blocking it because it's unsafe. I called but the reservation line is down until tomorrow. I sent an email and hope to see you all there in the fall.
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

I was making my reservation Dwayne so the reservation line should be open now I am booked.
        To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
        1980 G Silverbird
        Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
        1198 Overbore kit
        Grizzly 660 ACCT
        Barnett Clutch Springs
        R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
        122.5 Main Jets
        ACCT Mod
        Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
        Antivibe Bar ends
        Rear trunk add-on
        http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

I made my reservation this morning.

The Other Earl
          80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
          and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

No Luck Whatsoever

I've been trying to contact Iron Horse for a private room for Sept25-30, by online reservation, email and by phone message with no response.
            Any ideas ?
            Thx BDF
            I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Funk View Post
              I've been trying to contact Iron Horse for a private room for Sept25-30, by online reservation, email and by phone message with no response.
              Any ideas ?
              Thx BDF
              Email in the past worked for me...It will be good to see you down here Rick...

FWIW if the IH is full I'm sure you can find a room nearby at the Tuskeegee motel...about 5 miles up the road from the IH...thats most likely where I'll be
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Any ideas ?
                Thx BDF
                I sent an email and heard back the next day. The email said I needed to call them. I was having issues with their website so I dug up last years email and used that to reach them.
                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                1981 LH

Comment

I'm In

Any ideas ?
                  Thx BDF
                  Just a little too quick on the trigger again. Just talked to Pam and booked our room.
                  My main squeeze has sent her vacation request which should not be a problem at the end of Sept.
                  I am going to make the trip down over two days. Dayton looks to be about the half way point. Open to suggestions though.
                  Another "must do" ticked off of my bucket list!
                  BDF

Comment

If you have two days to travel down, US19 is an enjoyable journey. It starts at Erie, PA and will bring you all the way down.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

I am going to make the trip down over two days. Dayton looks to be about the half way point. Open to suggestions though.
                      BDF
                      FANTASTIC .............

I'd maybe have a couple routes ready depending on your temps up north.
                      That fast-blast shortest route you suggested over to Windsor then south on I-75 is quickest.
                      Just be aware that AM & PM traffic around Cincinnati can be a bear. I would plan my timing to avoid that mess.
                      Rather than shoot for Dayton, I'd maybe try and get across the Ohio River and up the hill past the airport and past Fort Mitchell / Erlanger.
                      Maybe to Florence. Then you would have an easy fun riding day for an early arrival into Stecoah.

As Marty suggested you have other very good options. Maybe get down to Fancy Gap VA and pick up
                      the Blue Ridge Parkway for the ride into Cherokee NC. A couple times each year I ride Atlanta to Buffalo in two days.
                      Have put together routes as far west as central Kentucky and as far east as central Virginia and Maryland.
                      Just so many good options and really great roads depending on temps & weather. btw, Weather on the east side
                      of the Appalachian Mountains can be very different than on the west side. I usually have an East and a West route
                      ready to go then ride one or the other depending on the best weather over the two days.

Jeff
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

BDF
                        I must have a lot of check marks on the same one. Love coming back to North Carolina, West Virgina, South Carolina. I can't get enough. You never see it all in one pass through.
                        Tom
                        2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                        gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

There isnt any doubt in my mind that this rally has become the premiere event of the XS11.com community. Every year it just gets better....
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I love it when a plan comes together

Great info. Thx guys. I will put it to good use.
                            Heading out today to renew my passport that just happens to expire Sept.1/2014 (glad I checked it now) and buy some vacation health insurance from CAA. Tomorrow the Connie goes in for new skins and a suspension adjustment.
                            Just hope the squeeze can get the time off. We already have an 8 day trip starting out from XS North and heading North West to Quebec, Northern Ontario and Manitoulin Island. I told her I'd hate to have to find a female passenger to replace her on the trip to North Carolina.... Um,....Seems to be a chill in the air around here.
                            BDF

Comment

Has anybody that made a reservation at the IH need a roomie?...split $$ ? let me know...
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

We got shirt info? Who should I send $$ to for 2 shirts? 1 XXL and 1 XL. My son Ryan is coming too.

John
                                John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                                '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                                Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
                                X