No announcement yet.

XS Southeast 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's when the city folks come up to visit. Goldrush next weekend, Moonehine Festival the next. The Apple Festival and Marble Festival are going on now. Those are just local to me. The hills are alive with the sound of traffic.

Our rally time keeps us from the worst traffic and the hot weather.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Right now the "government furlough" (or however that is spelled) is causing a big switch in tourism that I am sure is being seen and felt around the GSMNP.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Too early commit for certain but I'm planning to show up again. I'll try and make it at least until after lunch this time.

Besides, someone needs to keep Brent company in that big ass tent.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Good Rally locale & site.

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          Too early commit for certain but I'm planning to show up again. I'll try and make it at least until after lunch this time.

Besides, someone needs to keep Brent company in that big ass tent.
          Yes. The last night I had it to myself, but I did get to try a real air mattress while you were looking at the nurses.
          Thanks to Tom & Pam for helping me pack it up in time for the Sunday ride.

It will be good to see you riding again Greg.
          It is a great big beautiful world out there
          Brent in GA
          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
            Yes. The last night I had it to myself, but I did get to try a real air mattress while you were looking at the nurses.
            Comfortable ain't it? I was cleaning out closets today (bored not working) and found 2 more I forgot I had. Maybe I'll load one up and gift it to you next year if you haven't gotten one yourself by then.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

The last week!

I just received the following letter from Randy at the Iron Horse.

1/7/14
              Greetings from Ironhorse!
              Don’t forget this is your last week before we release all rooms and cabins
              We have you listed as the contact person for your group(s). As you know, we currently have a “hold” placed on our rooms/cabins/campground for your upcoming stay with us in 2014. We have agreed to hold these until January 13 2014. After that time, if we haven’t heard from the members of your group(s), we will have to release the hold on our lodgings to the general public. Please spread the word to your group(s) that they need to contact us as soon as possible before January 13, 2014, if they want to ensure a reservation with us . We look forward to seeing all of you next year.

Thanks,
              Randy
              Ironhorse
              828-479-3864
              I just spoke to Randy, and he has not heard from many of you. Now is the time! Get off your duff and make your reservation!

I go to another rally at the Iron Horse on a different weekend. It has already filled up. Don't miss out on XS Southeast 2014!
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

I already have my reservation in Brent's tent.

Plenty of room and a minimum of snoring and flatulation.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

My son Ryan may try to fit this ride in if school schedule allows (I won't be able to unfortunately most likely) -

Brent may Ryan try to reserve floor space also rather than make a separate reservation that will likely be cancelled if his class schedule is too steep?

Greg he would likely want to join up with y'all in Little Rock like I did.

He is thinking about the Key West trip but its a hard sell in this cold weather.

John
                  John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                  '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                  Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

tent camping

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                    My son Ryan may try to fit this ride in if school schedule allows (I won't be able to unfortunately most likely) -

Brent may Ryan try to reserve floor space also rather than make a separate reservation that will likely be cancelled if his class schedule is too steep?

Greg he would likely want to join up with y'all in Little Rock like I did.

He is thinking about the Key West trip but its a hard sell in this cold weather.

John
                    OK John. Plenty of space in the Big Tent. Glad to. Better if not raining.
                    Also, I will likely be returning home from Iron Horse Sunday. Greg may need some help folding it up. Last year Jeff, or Marty offered to bring it home Monday. Greg went to Ashville and stayed with some nurses (they druged him). I packed it up, with help from Tom & Pam, Sunday morning instead.

Ben says Twisties are better in the SouthEast.
                    Brent in GA
                    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Thats right Brent...we are a world class destination...so looking forward to the next rally.
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

As it stands right now and I'm pretty sure it won't change but Pam and I or even just me will not be making it to XSsoutheast this year.

Have fun guys and gals.
                        Tom
                        2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                        gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

Bummer!
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by Huron52 View Post
                            As it stands right now and I'm pretty sure it won't change but Pam and I or even just me will not be making it to XSsoutheast this year.

Have fun guys and gals.
                            Hi Tom,
                            Sorry to hear that. Unusual for you! I see some snow predicted, coming your way accross Lake Huron. Maybe you will be heading South after first thaw. Snow flurries predicted here in GA this week too. (But I do not expect any real snow). Key west trip coming next month. I will be missing all but a weekend ride.

So many rides. So much good stuff to do...Can not be everywhere all at once. You & Pam Take care. Perhaps see y'all in the summer or fall.
                            Brent in GA

Comment

I'm planning being there. Waynne most likely will not make it as both his XS750 and his XJ750 were heavily damaged (the XS is a total) in a garage fire just before Xmas. He has been very busy rebuilding the garage. Johndo from down in FL and I are working out the detail of getting there. If we can get his 78 standard on the road than XS it is. If not he will be on his XJ650 and I may ride mine just to give him some low power parity
                              wingnut
                              81 SH (Daily Ride)
                              81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
                              81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
                              82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
                              81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

You know you're welcome no matter what you're driving. Our space isn't held anymore, so don't delay making your reservation. Every year brings more folks than the last.
                                Marty (in Mississippi)
                                XS1100SG
                                XS650SK
                                XS650SH
                                XS650G
                                XS6502F
                                XS650E

Comment

Working...
                                X