Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
    Hi Jeff,
    I plan to just send an email with my selection. I might have to try the biker chick My computer would not open the download and I could not fill it in online. Atleast IH knows I am coming...hungry I'll just wear my riding suit and adjust the zippers to match the weather.
    Must remember to pick up beer.
    Phil
    Phil,
    I'd say the same thing after reading about them being a dry county...
    But fortunately I've got Greg for that.

That's one thing I'm sure that won't be forgotten...he won't let me! Lol
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffH View Post
      You only PAY for what you eat. Breakfast card gets turned in each night. Dinner can be chosen if you want Fri only for now. Then let them know Fri or Sat AM what or if you want Sat dinner. Its not really paid in advance. If you order something and then don't show, well then that was a problem.

I've NEVER seen a Sunday dinner posted because the Sunday night crowd is tough to predict. The more people that want Sun dinner the more they get fancy with the offering.
      No interest - they don't put on a meal. So far, that's been the NORM ................

Jeff
      I had paid my meals in advance last year, however I didn't advance.

They were kind enough to refund me for what I didn't get to eat though.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
        Phil,
        I'd say the same thing after reading about them being a dry county...
        But fortunately I've got Greg for that.

That's one thing I'm sure that won't be forgotten...he won't let me! Lol
        Ha ha ha.......already got that covered buddy. If you want something else we need to stop somewhere.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
          I agree, Phil! Looks like the temps will be almost the same as here in Oklahoma.

Close Bob, but it'll be chilly in the mornings and even during the day at the higher elevations. Don't forget your rain gear either.
          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• bike

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            It doesn't have blue and red flashing lights does it?

I'll be bringing you an air mattress Brent, so you don't have to sleep on the kiddie floatie toy.

Bob, John, Ryan and I will be there Friday afternoon. Looking forward to it and seeing everyone.
            Wow, a real air mattress! I could get spoiled.

My red FF Harley started making an unusual noise, whirring with rpm. A pleasant sound amid the usual rattles, It sounded a little like a gold wing. The engine was worn at 215,000 miles and the sound was cam chain tensioner metal wearing on the chain. That finished it. I rode it in to get new tensioners, and much more wear to many parts was found. Replacement or rebuild was recommended. I got the engine rebuilt with some good stock take off parts and some new HD and aftermarket parts. It took a while. Red HD is now back, ready to ride, & broke in with 1000 mile oil change done.

New bike did have red and blue flashing lights on it when I bought it. Color is plain black. The dealer replaced the colored lenses with clear and unhooked flasher to them before I took it home. It still has the spring mounted seat. It has the bat wing fairing with a vent just below the windshield. It has several features that I really like and a few Electra Nanny features not to my liking. It should work OK, but no classic Japanese bike awards for me this year.

Any bike I have is fun on those mountain roads. It can be more challenging & fun to ride a slow bike hard than to ride a fast bike easy.
            It is a great big beautiful world out there
            Brent in GA
            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

• The IH is at roughly 2000 ft above sea level so at nighttime and in the mornings it will be cool...The weather in the mtns will vary but hopefully with clear skies we will have some awesome views. At this time of year it is best to prepare for all scenarios weatherwise as things can change very quickly
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• We left Ottawa Monday for a longer and slow route to IH. In Scranton now, heading to Cape May and Ocean City today. It's cold in the North, but no rain so far.

Comment

• I am bringing my washcloth award from 2012!

Did a FD change last night - spilled the cup of oil all over my new driveway (First world problems).

Ready to leave tomorrow.

John
                  John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                  '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                  Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

• Iron Horse

I had so much fun last year I talked Linda into coming this year. We'll be arriving on Friday but unfortunately the XS11 won't be my ride. Leaking petcock and no time to get parts in. So I'll be the oddball on the BMW. We'll still have fun. Look forward to seeing all my old friends again. Especially Brent. He was the first guy I met at the first XS11 meet I went to at Bean Blossom, Indiana back in 2003 or 2004. Bohn
                    Bohn
                    78 XS750SE Bought New In 78
                    80 XS1100SG "XS Combination"

Comment

• XS11 Heaven Book by Bob Jones

I forgot to mention that Karla Jones can't come and has asked me to bring some of Bob Jones book XS11 Heaven for anyone who wants one. Just see me at IH and I'll fix you up. It's a great read and gives the history of the XS11 from Bob's place in time as a Yamaha Dealer and believe me he was a character! Lots of personal stuff as well as technical information as well. Bohn
                      Bohn
                      78 XS750SE Bought New In 78
                      80 XS1100SG "XS Combination"

Comment

• Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                        I am bringing my washcloth award from 2012!

Did a FD change last night - spilled the cup of oil all over my new driveway (First world problems).

Ready to leave tomorrow.

John
                        So you're running the 17" wheel AND the 850 FD?
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

• Custom XS11 Touring seat $200

As a special to XS SE Participants, I am offering up my custom stitched XS11 Touring seat I bought from Bohn last year - I used it on my 7k mile ride last year and can attest to its comfort. But Great Ranger is going to go in a different direction and I do not need the double bucket any longer.

Its not seen much use, and is in great shape - look at the pics there are 2 small blemishes along the underside border where I think it rubbed on the frame and I sealed with vinyl sealer - not noticeable when installed.

You will get many compliments on this seat. If you agree in advance I will bring it to XS SE strapped to my backrest so no shipping.

After XS SE I will put it up for general sale on the parts forum for $250 so this is a chance to ride the rally in comfort.

PM me if you are interested - if I don't get a PM by tomorrow I am not bringing it!

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

• Save $50 by ordering now! I got gas to buy!

$200 is a steal with hand delivery!

John

Comment

• Bob Jones' Friends

Charlie Hass, an old riding buddy and friend of Bob's is coming. His wife Barbara will also attend.

Originally posted by Bohn Frazer View Post
                              I forgot to mention that Karla Jones can't come and has asked me to bring some of Bob Jones book XS11 Heaven for anyone who wants one. Just see me at IH and I'll fix you up. It's a great read and gives the history of the XS11 from Bob's place in time as a Yamaha Dealer and believe me he was a character! Lots of personal stuff as well as technical information as well. Bohn
                              1981 XS1100H Venturer
                              K&N Air Filter
                              ACCT
                              Custom Paint by Deitz
                              Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                              Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                              Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                              Stebel Nautilus Horn
                              EBC Front Rotors
                              Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
                                Charlie Hass, an old riding buddy and friend of Bob's is coming. His wife Barbara will also attend.
                                This event gets bigger every year Nice to see more ladies joining in.
                                Phil
                                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                                X