XS Southeast 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GLoweVA
    replied
    Greg, I'm glad you're doing better.
    Thanks again to jeff marty brent gary and all those that had some part in planning and executing this rally. It was wonderful and I'm definitely coming back next year.
    Made it home about an hour ago. 1500 miles door to door.
    That's the most I've ridden in 4 days.
    Next year i'm taking the truck!

    Leave a comment:


  • MPittma100
    replied
    Just Wanted to Say

    Hello Everyone,

    Just wanted to say thanks to all of those who troubled themselves to make this year's rally another great success. My brother Buddy, friend Chuck and I all had a great time. I am a proud owner of two "polishing rags" - one of which I owe many thanks to Marty.

    The weather was great the whole weekend - no rain and perfect temperatures. We did not make it to the Sunday ride but the Saturday ride was a great one. Ran into a serious "license check" on the way to Bryson City (where we were staying) from the IH Saturday night. It was on 74 east and west. There was fire apparatus, wreckers, local police, and state police. What a dazzling light show it was. Made it through it without a hitch (somehow).

    A lot of you are still traveling home today. I hope you all will be safe.

    Mike
    Last edited by MPittma100; 09-30-2013, 01:14 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Greg...my first post since this has gone public... First off I'm really sorry that you had this mishap...I know you're still in a lot of pain...so my prayers for you to recover fully and quickly. Hopefully youll be coming back next year..
    I just got back home at 1:30 pm...6 hours riding time and 2 gas stops and a Mickey D's brekky... 1257 total miles for the weekend.. I know that a drop in the bucket compared to some of this group....
    Thank you Jeff for all your hard work and for being the wonderful friend that you are...Likewise to Marty...My first really with the Swampy Girl and she didn't miss a beat...kudos to Randy for that...i mean we flogged our bikes all weekend long and they didn't break down and prolly held up better than we did. I will post more later but it was another successful rally in many ways...I do believe this event has become THE Premiere XS11 event in the USA..

    Leave a comment:


  • IanDMacDonald
    replied
    Good to hear you're okay.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    I'm sure the bike will be fine.

    At least I have a room with a view...........

    Leave a comment:


  • IanDMacDonald
    replied
    Greg- Sorry to hear about going down. I wonder a lot when my day will come, and how bad it'll be. I go down the highway and wonder when that front tire will go. I ride so defensively, I see every car as a threat. It's gotten to the point where I don't even speed anymore, always wondering if there is a cop around the corner.

    Hopefully your bike did not get hurt as bad as you. Get well!

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Helicopter ride

    I have been in one of those helicopters as the Caregiver - not much fun for them either. Better to stick to the sightseeing ones.

    Glad you are able to joke about it now with us - dont laugh TOO hard til the ribs heal though

    Next year you can join me on the old man ride group - Lord knows I never want to wreck again

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • DGXSER
    replied
    Dang.....That is never good in that area. Not a lot of forgiving territory beyond the pavement around that part of the country. Glad you came out as well as you did.

    Heel well and quickly.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by DGXSER
    OK, call me nosy, I gotta ask...what the he!! happened?
    Came into a pretty tight,blind turn a little too hot and realized too late it was a decreasing radius. Ran outta pavement.

    Leave a comment:


  • knybanjo
    replied
    I had a great time meeting y'all there at Iron Horse Saturday night!

    Just finished updating my stoopid daytrippin' blog thread thingamajig with my pics from the weekend.

    CLICK HERE to see it.

    or
    CLICK HERE to just see the all the pics, even the really bad ones.

    You're a great bunch! and it was fun to see so many old XS's together in one place too!

    Leave a comment:


  • DGXSER
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmechmarty
    Greg had never been in a helicopter before, and they wouldn't even allow him to look out the window!
    Having been through that same ride a few years back, I tell people if you want to ride in a helicopter, just go to Gatlinburg, Vegas or similar and pay the $50-$100 bucks. Those $8,000 rides are expensive and you don't get to see sh!t.

    OK, call me nosy, I gotta ask...what the he!! happened?
    Last edited by DGXSER; 09-30-2013, 06:35 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Hey Arlen, thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • cruiser
    replied
    Oh my, sorry to hear of the mishap Greg.
    Hope you heal up quickly.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    I really DID want to look out the window.

    I want some lunch too, I haven't eaten since breakfast Friday.

    Leave a comment:


  • jetmechmarty
    replied
    Y'all send me some pics and I'll put together an album over on FB.




    Greg had never been in a helicopter before, and they wouldn't even allow him to look out the window! We weren't making any jokes on Saturday, I can assure you. The helicopter was landed only yards from where we were having lunch.
    Last edited by jetmechmarty; 09-30-2013, 02:56 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...