If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Tod, I'll bet the beer was a lot better than fixing your XJ in the parking lot! How was it?
You know... looking back on the fixing now, it's a fond memory. Something to remember the trip by. At the time, it pretty much sucked. lol.
Hmmm... Sitting on cold concrete in the drizzling rain for many hours, or sitting at a cushioned barstool chatting with people over pints of Youngs Double Chocolate Stout? Gee... Lemme think about that one. lol.
I was in my 20s when I bought the XS11...does that count?
Of course it counts, the rest of us are all still in our teens and the gray hair is just a disguise so we don't get carded but if you've got ID you can buy so we don't get in trouble and booted out.
Tod, I'll bet the beer was a lot better than fixing your XJ in the parking lot! How was it?
I'm still in Kentucky so the rally is still kind of going for me; church tonight, meet the rest of my family tomorrow, then DGXSER and Steppenwolf on Friday. I need to find a real computer to plan the route home. My phone just does't cut it and has already sent me on one... less than ideal route.
Wow, what a rally! Finally made it home after a tough day. Seemed like everything was going against me on the way home but I prevailed. This was the best rally yet. Thanks to Jeff and Marty for the hard work and attention to detail. See ya'll next year!
Mark Stanton
Waynne and I arrived home late Sunday night. I wanted to thank the guys that organized the event and the folks at IH for their help. I was very happy to meet in real life a great bunch of guys and ladies. Also the riding lesions I received. No matter who was in front of me I saw something that I could use in the style and technique departments. Some of you really know how to make one of these old bikes go thru the corner. Living on the flats like we do down here at the beach I had forgotten how challenging and FUN elevation changes are. The routes were great, the chow was great, the weather was great, the people were great, the whole experience was great. Look forward to next year
Leave a comment: