XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse 2012

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jwhughes3
    replied
    Originally posted by BA80
    Yeah, and I hope you can keep ot ON the pavement this time. No off roading John.
    Seeing as how I am putting another Plexifairing on for this trip I prefer to not leave it In a trashcan either its getting expensive!

    I am flying home today to FINALLY put last minute touches on .... SO ready for this trip to begin already

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhughes3
    I'd prefer we NOT drop you on the pavement this trip

    John
    Yeah, and I hope you can keep ot ON the pavement this time. No off roading John.

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    We've got it split into 2 legs. Thursday we'll all meet in Little Rock and ride on to Memphis and spend the night. Friday we'll ride from Memphis to Stecoah. That's only about 450 miles so we should be there by early evening Friday.

    No sweat.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Phil...I PM'd you pls respond soon....

    Leave a comment:


  • TopCatGr58
    replied
    JeffH said:
    After sunset it gets scary dark and bigfoot roams.
    I didn't think Harry had gotten there YET?!

    I wrote I-H last week regarding the meal order for non-I-H residents, and they said that they didn't have that week's menu ready yet, but that I should call them the week before our EVENT, so Monday I'll give them a shout, but it would be NICE Jeff, if you or someone who receives the MENU could POST it in here!

    I'm down here in the deep south....Enterprise, AL. visiting mom for a week, and then I'll be at the Tuskeegee Friday, and then of course at the I-H.
    I reckon I'll be receiving the "Curt Marsh Harley Award" this year since Godzilla is a Trailer KING, but SWMBO won't let me ride this far alone on just the bike! Besides, it's better on my back/butt this way, I can drink and eat and play tunes and such and not be road weary when I arrive, so that I can truly enjoy the twisties all fresh and alert!

    That said, I feel for you guys, Harry, Todd, Greg, and the Canucks, and anyone else riding 500+ miles on their bikes to get to the I-H. Be safe!!!

    T.C.

    Leave a comment:


  • jwhughes3
    replied
    I'd prefer we NOT drop you on the pavement this trip

    John

    Leave a comment:


  • BA80
    replied
    Only 4 days to post time Phil. You better get busy.

    The 4 into 1 that used to be on ol' Okie was a PITA too so it's hanging on the wall in the garage.

    All I need to do is change the oil and saddle up, then just drop me on the pavement and watch me go.

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by MaximPhil
    Hi Jeff,
    What time is dinner on Friday night?
    Is it the group intention to dine at IH on Sunday?

    Phil
    There has been some discussion about maybe having dinner in bryson city which is 30 min ride from I-H. Some may eat at I-H on Sunday pm but likely just a few.

    For me, I'll likely just snag a subway or some fruit and yogurt and sardines in Robbinsville grocery after riding the Cherohala Skyway to eat at I-H on Sun pm. After steak and BBQ and southern I'll be ready to skip a meal.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Just in case anyone cares. I spent the afternoon working on the bike.
    If i knew what I was doing it would go a lot faster the work that is
    The good news is it still runs great. The bad is that the aux lights and volt meter are still not wired though they are (mechanically) attached.
    The new front tire installed last week is holding air
    I can not reach the drain plug to drain the oil without removing the filter which i can not remove without taking off the exhaust...... so the oil is yet to be changed.
    My GPS lost it's logarithm or what ever it uses to calculate so while it still knows where it is it is confused about where to go and how to get there.
    I bought a new one on Monday and the RAM mount has arrived so navigation is sorted.
    To morrow HamJam is going to work his magic on the electrics

    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    Hi Jeff,
    What time is dinner on Friday night?
    Is it the group intention to dine at IH on Sunday?

    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    Thanks Jeff...

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Iron Horse Menu & Ordering

    Just to confirm the I-H meal process for next weekend:
    Iron Horse will be emailing their Friday / Saturday / Sunday Menus to "those that have already Registered" at the Iron Horse. (When you registered you likely gave them your email address.) Therefore expect to get your menu email from I-H either late tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday.

    Note: the email will ONLY be sent to the Registered person(s). If you are 'Sharing-a-Room' with someone then you will need to make sure you forward your email to your roommate so they can contact I-H with their Menu Selection.

    For those that are planning to Eat at I-H -but- Stay somewhere else then we need to make sure you also get a copy of the Menu email so you can contact I-H directly with your selections.

    After sunset it gets scary dark and bigfoot roams. Remember Eric Robert Rudolph hid from the feds almost 5 years in these mountains even with massive resources & technology deployed in the search.

    If you want dinner at I-H on Friday night be sure you respond to the email you get. I will try and post the info as soon as I get my Menu email from the I-H. Just a heads up to be watching your email Inbox before hitting the road to western NC.

    Jeff

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffH
    replied
    Originally posted by MPittma100
    Does anyone know how many of us are a) going to the rally and b) how many are staying at the Iron Horse?

    MP
    To answer your question:
    a) Not Sure b) Not Sure

    This is pretty much an informal event. No event fee etc.

    I do know that I have about 30 folks picking up their Rally Shirts at I-H. Likely we will maybe have 35'ish riding on Saturday (maybe more) with less on Sunday.

    I-H has also booked other people / groups for our weekend so it is tough to tell how many in the XS11 Rally Group are staying at I-H. In that past we have had about 5 riders that show up and ride with us that are not part of XS11. They also stayed at I-H last year and had dinner with us and participated in the bs sessions. As Marty has mentioned we will likely have 3 or 4 (or 10) Vintage Japanese bikes / riders show up this year.

    Whatever the number we always have a great time rain or shine.

    Jeff

    ps. The Atlanta meet point is moving a bit north this year. Likely up I-985 to Cornelia / Baldwin. I'm staying at Days Inn Level Grove Road on Thursday night. Phil and Don will be staying there too. Likely we will meet Brent there Fri AM and meet up with Marty and maybe Chris to head over the mountain to I-H. Send me a PM is interested in joining us!

    Leave a comment:


  • MaximPhil
    replied
    I thinkl I can just see the |Harley he tows behind that thing
    Definitely Brent on his XS.
    Phil

    Leave a comment:


  • madmax-im
    replied
    I too have not only witnessed Brent riding that ol' Yammie but actually rode a rally with him to boot...

    Leave a comment:

Working...