No announcement yet.

XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really bummed that I can't go this year....
    Have fun guys. Looks as if the wx is going to cooperate too..
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

We'll be sure to talk about you in your absence.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

I bet my ears will be ringing all weekend..
        And as a public service to all who are attending here's the wx forecast from the NWS:

Friday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday Night: A chance of showers before 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 51. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 73.

Nippy eves and crisp days, nice!!

Enjoy.
        1980G Standard, Restored
        Kerker 4 - 1
        850 Rear End Mod
        2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
        Automatic CCT
        1980GH Special, Restored
        Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
        '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
        Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Damn Robert, how can they predict 10 days ahead of time?
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I dunno, give them a call...
            1980G Standard, Restored
            Kerker 4 - 1
            850 Rear End Mod
            Automatic CCT
            1980GH Special, Restored
            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)

Comment

Robert...will miss not seeing ya...Got my new tars on the ST and we're ready for any precip this yr. Cant wait to ride some roads with you all.
              1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
              2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Virtual toast

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                We'll be sure to talk about you in your absence.
                Might be a good time to bring back the virtual toast.

Cobia raise a glass with us across the miles, say about 10 pm Saturday. We will be in the heart of some beautiful mountains, surrounded by twisty roads, great food, classic jap bike riders, and XSively wonderful folks. Join us in spirit as we toast you and wish you were here.

Brent in GA
                1980 Yamaha XS1100SG
                PS we will try to tell you about the rally afterwords, but to fully understand, usually You really had to be there.
                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                Brent in GA
                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Yeah brother, that makes two of us!! Don't think for a moment that I won't be there in spirit, really enjoyed last year with all of you. It was very special to me, as I'm sure it was to all who were there. Plz take a lot of pics so I can enjoy it vicariously.
                  1980G Standard, Restored
                  Kerker 4 - 1
                  850 Rear End Mod
                  Automatic CCT
                  1980GH Special, Restored
                  '82 XJ1100 (Sold)

Comment

Hey Phil,
                    Got my dates mixed up. I thought it was this weekend.......duhhh on me.
                    1980G Standard, Restored
                    Kerker 4 - 1
                    850 Rear End Mod
                    Automatic CCT
                    1980GH Special, Restored
                    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
                      Hey Phil,
                      Got my dates mixed up. I thought it was this weekend.......duhhh on me.
                      So that means you can make it afterall???
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I wish... It's a matter of finances and not of spare time....
                        1980G Standard, Restored
                        Kerker 4 - 1
                        850 Rear End Mod
                        Automatic CCT
                        1980GH Special, Restored
                        '82 XJ1100 (Sold)

Comment

I wish i could be in two places at the same time too
                          You guys are going to have a great time. enjoy.
                          Phil
                          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                            I wish i could be in two places at the same time too
                            You guys are going to have a great time. enjoy.
                            Phil
                            Aw shoot you aint coming?...I thought you'd be there ...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

The Weather Channel is predicting rain in Ontario and Northern USA on Wednesday and Thursday, so...

Leaving this morning (Tuesday) 9:30, will take an extra day on the Blue Ridge or Skyline Parkways.

Ted and Heather

Comment

Stopped the other day to check it out...the place is nice!! Roads are good as well. Rode Wolf Pen and 60, 28, 64, and a bunch of others...up on the blue ridge today......not sure what we are doing on Friday......other than the move up to the Iron Horse...but it will be a full day of riding....anybody else going to be there early on Friday and want to ride?
                                Gary Granger
                                Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                                2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X