No announcement yet.

XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just called Iron Horse to see about a room.

Semi Private and Private rooms are all booked, 3 beds left in one of the bunk houses.

Can't convince Heather to Camp.

Found a close motel at $48 and have booked it. Google says it 2.4 miles, however that's as the crow flies and it actually 6.3 miles away by road

Tuskeegee Motel
    2511 Fontana Road, Hwy. 28
    Robbinsville, NC 28771
    828-479-8464
    www.tuskeegeemotel.com

Comment

We'll have to set the date for next year before our weekend is over. That way, we can book for next year on our way out.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

I am going to try my best to make it up there. I have cords showing in three places on my rear tire, the left side of the engine leaks like a Harley, and my brakes are iffy. But if I can get all that madness fixed in the next couple months, Ill come up. Or if all else fails, maybe I will just cage it and finally meet all you wonderful people for a day, since I have a friend with a cabin about an hour away I can crash at.
        Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
        Ozark, Alabama

Comment

southeast xs 11 meeting

can anyone advise the place of the sept. meeting and the dates please. I would enjoy attending, I'm in Blue ridge Georgia, thanks
          1980xs1100

Comment

Okay, I just called the Tuskegee Motel and made my reservations for Fri., Sat, and Sun nights. They stated that they still had several rooms, not many more singles, but also some doubles, and even some with 3 beds and kitchen. Thanks Eldr for finding this one, will see you and possibly several others there before we get to the Iron Horse Lodge on our Iron Horses!!

can anyone advise the place of the sept. meeting and the dates please. I would enjoy attending, I'm in Blue ridge Georgia, thanks
            1980xs1100 07-22-2011 03:37 AM
            Just see the first page of this thread, the link to the Iron Horse Lodge, and then the second page and link to the Muskegee Motel for getting a room since the Iron Horse is pretty much booked, unless you like to camp!

T.C.

PS, Joab, I'll be visiting mom again the week prior to this in Enterprise, and then be driving/trailering up from there on Friday AM, so if you were going to run up that same day/time, I could run/drive with you to provide assistance in case of breakdowns, etc.! Regrettably my trailer only has room for one bike, but I'll be carrying plenty of tools and such!
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Tuskeegee Motel proximal to Iron Horse Lodge!

Hey folks,

I just made this map on Mapquest showing the location of the Iron Horse Lodge and the Tuskeegee Motel to show their proximity to each other. Looks like about 3.5 miles down the road. There's a small road off of the local hwy 28 in the lower right corner...that little grey line, which is Lower Stecoah Rd.

Okay, just wanted to check it out and show where they were in relation to each other, not too far away, and will probably be a fun "ride" to get there! :P

T.C.

You may have to click on the photo to enlarge it?
              T. C. Gresham
              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
              History shows again and again,
              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Ill be leaving early Friday morning as well if anyone wants to ride up together. I live about 70 miles north of Atlanta.
                " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                8mm msd wires
                tkat fork brace...
                Fox shocks...
                mikes650 front fender
                led's gallore...
                renthal bars
                gold valve emulators
                vmax tensioner
                Rifle fairing

Comment

If we plan on eating at the Iron Horse (dinners) we need to let them know how many, before the rally. They told me this when I called way back when. So I guess we need to decide if we are wanting to eat at the Iron Horse and how many we will have. In the past it seems not that many people want to travel to eat, especially after a long ride, so this may be an option.

As far as Bruce and I are concerned we will be happy to have dinners at the Iron Horse, Fri and Sat night...we have to leave on Sunday. (or any place else the Rally organizer wants to eat )
                  Gary Granger
                  Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                  2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

From my experience in the spring, The Iron Horse is where you want to eat. The food is very good, and a good value. It is not unlike what you're used to at TWO, other than the required reservation. I'm sure that keeps costs and prices down.

I think it's probably best for individuals to all make their own reservations, rather than do a tally here. Other suggestions?

Marty (in NY)
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by mrsixtysix View Post
                      As far as Bruce and I are concerned we will be happy to have dinners at the Iron Horse, Fri and Sat night...we have to leave on Sunday. (or any place else the Rally organizer wants to eat )
                      Well I was doubtful of being able to make this event although I did make a reservation in the bunkhouse...now it would appear I will be able to make this event... i will know for certain by the end of this week... So eating dinner at the iron horse works for me too.
                      Last edited by xsroadrunner; 08-16-2011, 04:07 PM.
                      1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                      2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Rally

I will see everybody there with my newly aquired 1980 XS11

Comment

T - 27 days.........
                          1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                          2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

I've only got a room for Friday nite

Anyone willing to share a room? This will be my first rally and my first time anywhere near the dragon.
                            '82 XJ1100 -
                            fusebox, 2nd gear fix
                            tail/turn/brake

Comment

Does anyone here have an idea how to get a headcount for meals? I don't think we need or want 40 posts on this forum. I assume everyone will want to take meals with the group. Correct? Those lodging elsewhere need to call the Iron Horse for meal reservations.
                              Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

How much notice do they need, is Friday evening too late for Saturday Sunday meals.

Anyway Heather I plan to join group meals.

Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X