Hey the new guys bring Beer.

XSively
      Bruce
      Bruce Gerken
      '79 XS1100SF
      "The Black"
      '2009 BMW k1300GT'
      The Red Sled.
      St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Who is the "new guy"
        Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
        Current rides:
        80 XS1100SG
        82 JX1100
        83 Venture Royale
        86 V-Max

Comment

Hey folks, go to the poll and click if you're taking meals with us at the Iron Horse. The food is good and reasonably priced. We need to start getting a head count.

I think this is something like eight years running for this rally, or maybe nine. If you haven't been, you're the new guy!
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

I'll be eating there.

Since this is my first time I guess that makes me the new guy.
            Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
            Current rides:
            80 XS1100SG
            82 JX1100
            83 Venture Royale
            86 V-Max

Comment

meal reservations. Head count in poll section

Time to reserve for food. Be included in count.
              Go to poll, vote & post (you are welcome to quote my post if eating the same meals there & Count off)

Looking forward to Good Food & a Fun rally,
              Brent in GA
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Leaving

HI All

Gary and I are leaving now Going to K.Y. first

XSively
                Bruce
                Bruce Gerken
                '79 XS1100SF
                "The Black"
                '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                The Red Sled.
                St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

I an going to try to make it up there. Don in Tal. said I could stop over at his place crash there then ride up with him Thurs. to Atl. and then on to the Iron horse. Cobia not coming this year. Gonna ride the 79F.
                  2H7 (79)
                  3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Great! It will be great to see you!
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

Dragon!

I won't be at the meet, but I will be on the dragon with the Road Dogs (my little riding group) on Saturday some time. Will be riding my 79 SF with a monkey strapped on for the ride. I will look for all the XS's there. Hope to pass ya'll on the road!
                      1979 XS 1100SF Serenity
                      1981 XJ650 Midnight - Black Betty
                      Road Dog 4 Life

Comment

Phil I am about 70 miles north of Atlanta of you wanna stop here for Thursday.
                        " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                        xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                        8mm msd wires
                        tkat fork brace...
                        Fox shocks...
                        mikes650 front fender
                        led's gallore...
                        renthal bars
                        gold valve emulators
                        vmax tensioner
                        Rifle fairing

Comment

Originally posted by yamahansolo View Post
                          Phil I am about 70 miles north of Atlanta of you wanna stop here for Thursday.
                          Chris, I just might do that. Thanks brother.
                          2H7 (79)
                          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by Rettic View Post
                            I won't be at the meet, but I will be on the dragon with the Road Dogs (my little riding group) on Saturday some time. Will be riding my 79 SF with a monkey strapped on for the ride. I will look for all the XS's there. Hope to pass ya'll out the road!
                            You have fun and be careful..every squid and wannabe HD biker are all over the friggin place turning it into a real zoo...you'll not see me on there...plenty of other roads with no one on them..thats where 'll be..
                            1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                            2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

First day of twisties is done....KY has some nice stuff!! ....I hope we aren't worn out by the time the rally gets here...
                              Gary Granger
                              Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                              2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

Rally fun

Originally posted by Rettic View Post
                                I won't be at the meet, but I will be on the dragon with the Road Dogs (my little riding group) on Saturday some time. Will be riding my 79 SF with a monkey strapped on for the ride. I will look for all the XS's there. Hope to pass ya'll on the road!
                                Rettic,
                                Glad to hear you will be riding some great roads, having fun on an XS, happily riding with other mainstream popular brands...

However, if you do not show for dinner Saturday,you will miss the awards dinner. In the past, we have had a golden wrench award, best XS, best non XS, Furthest ridden to rally, Harley award (for shortest distance traveled -trailering). Each evening there is plenty of tire kicking, display or admiration of modifications, great stories (many based loosly on truth). May be a campfire each night.

If you miss the people, you miss the rally.
                                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                                Brent in GA
                                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
                                X