Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back home

11 years in the books
    Had a great time love ya all looking forward to next year. res made for next year made

XSively
    Bruce
    Bruce Gerken
    '79 XS1100SF
    "The Black"
    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
    The Red Sled.
    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Ok Fridays killboy.com photos are ready. Looks like cruisers from 2-4 page21 and cruisers after 4 page 3. Also sportbikes 2-4 last 2 pages after 4 has a few but I forgot the page? I think it was page 1
      " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
      xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
      8mm msd wires
      tkat fork brace...
      Fox shocks...
      mikes650 front fender
      led's gallore...
      renthal bars
      gold valve emulators
      vmax tensioner
      Rifle fairing

Comment

Arrived home at 2pm...just getting unwound now...1103 miles in 4 days..not the most by far but good enuf for me. W.NC and the Iron Horse are just excellent. Bombing down the Cherohala yesterday was the pinnacle of the rally for me...fast sweepers and tight corners...what a blast. So great to renew old friendships and create some new ones as well. Already booked for next yr...can u tell I loved it??? Pictures soon
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Helloooo Ben can't wait to see pics! You always get some good ones.
          " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
          8mm msd wires
          tkat fork brace...
          Fox shocks...
          mikes650 front fender
          led's gallore...
          renthal bars
          gold valve emulators
          vmax tensioner
          Rifle fairing

Comment

Here they are

Photobucket always gets the slideshow backwards no matter how i try to upload them... Hope you enjoy the show...didnt have time to edit out some of the bogies.....
            http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...view=slideshow
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Got home this afternoon and started to unpack and CANT FIND THE CAMERA. Darn we had some good pics we wanted to share. Sent a email to the Iron Horse to keep a eye out for it, hopefully we'll gwt it back.
              Me and my wife had a great time.
              Thaks to everyone
              Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
              Current rides:
              80 XS1100SG
              82 JX1100
              83 Venture Royale
              86 V-Max

Comment

Got home about 5pm tonight, didn't sleep well last night, rather tired now, so will upload photos later, have an interesting story to tell, but want to be able to add the photos to it. Glad to see the others reporting in. Hoping Ray/ELDR and swmbo get home uneventfully on their 3 cylinder V4 bike!

Gary/Bruce, sorry didn't say much Saturday night, didn't realize you had to leave Sunday am?

The riding was fun, but wish the cold...not just cool...COLD weather hadn't hit us quite so hard, took some of the fun out of it, but still enjoyed the rides and comraderie.

Gotta go to work tomorrow...UGH!!

T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  Photobucket always gets the slideshow backwards no matter how i try to upload them... Hope you enjoy the show...didnt have time to edit out some of the bogies.....
                  http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...view=slideshow
                  i looked at the pictures you put up Ben. I get it, there was a red ST on the ride....
                  "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                  1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                    i looked at the pictures you put up Ben. I get it, there was a red ST on the ride....
                    Yeah I was tired and didnt edit out the repetitions...you'll live
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

• Bne I would agree about the charahola!
                      I got in front with Jeff in his triumph sprint cause I know I can fly on that road. U figured hefe was going to drop the hammer... u was right he opened her up and I thought to my self f it.... I will too. I looked in the mirror and that pesky St bike got smaller and smaller ... along with a certain grey standard..... let's just say I opened her up but still had a teeny bit in reserve...God that was worth the whole trip! Far better than the dragon!

79 xs11 standard
                      8mm msd wires
                      tkat fork brace...
                      Fox shocks...
                      mikes650 front fender
                      led's gallore...
                      renthal bars
                      gold valve emulators
                      vmax tensioner
                      Rifle fairing

Comment

• Here is a link to a slide show....some photos from the rally...

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/e...view=slideshow
                        Gary Granger
                        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

• Made it home today at 5 PM, 2400 miles total, bike didn't miss a tick, not one drop of rain. Great seeing everyone again, see you all next year, same place.
                          2H7 (79)
                          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

• got home today, tuesday. left sunday night after the ride. rode the brp from cherokee to boone. then 81 home.

yes it was a little cold but the sun was shining. the xs likes the cool air and all the turns keep the tires hot.
                            80 xs1100G

Comment

• Awesome I was about to ask about you two glad to see y'all made it also Sundays killboy photos are ready Brent is on page 11 and the rest of us look like we are in page 10. However Earl is missing maybe he's in the dresser pics? Kinda skimpy I only found 2 of mine the pics on Friday had tons.

79 xs11 standard
                              8mm msd wires
                              tkat fork brace...
                              Fox shocks...
                              mikes650 front fender
                              led's gallore...
                              renthal bars
                              gold valve emulators
                              vmax tensioner
                              Rifle fairing

Comment

• Chris the only reason you and Jeff got away is because you passed this truck that tried to block the rest of us...A-hole tried to block me as i was already passing him...I got by the a-hole and it was another 12 mins before Earl caught up to me...in that time i had the road to myself...If it werent for that truck I'd still be that pesky ST on yur azz
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X