XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSive Rider's @ Iron Horse

I just got home from the XS650 rally at the Iron Horse Lodge. I received a very warm welcome upon arrival Friday afternoon. My room with private bath was just great with under roof parking for my bike right outside the door. Just like a nice new hotel, only better. After a great dinner, the weather outside was awful. We sat in the lodge on a big comfy couch eating fresh popcorn, drinking beer and watching The World's Fastest Indian on the giant screen with a roaring fire going in the fireplace.

Saturday morning we all had a good breakfast together in the lodge, followed by a day of riding. Upon our return, several of us sat on the big comfy couch, drank beer, and watched old YAMAHA promotional videos on the giant screen. One of the guys made videos of the ride and we watched those on the giant screen too. After that, we all had a wonderful prime rib dinner, followed by sitting around a roaring campfire outside. There was one going in the lodge fireplace as well.

This place has everything we need. Comfortable digs, good food, and plenty of space for fellowship, no matter the weather. For you guys who are cheap, a campsite is only $15 per night. Three of you in a tent is only $5 per night!

The bad news is that we have to move our rally to Sept 30 through Oct 2. Our normal weekend is booked solid. Also, we have to act immediately. If we wait, the rooms will be gone. Right now, they have space for all of us.

I say we do this! This place is perfect!
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

We're going to do this thing! Make your reservation at the Iron Horse Sept 30 - 2 Oct. I hope to see you there!
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Great idea to start a new thread...everything else we talked about is changed now!! Get your reservations in!!

Iron Horse looks perfect, I need to check and see about vacation change before I call them...... Even if they fill up plenty of other stuff in area so we can base out of there anyway.
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

Plan on it!

Originally posted by mrsixtysix View Post
        Great idea to start a new thread...everything else we talked about is changed now!! Get your reservations in!!

Iron Horse looks perfect, I need to check and see about vacation change before I call them...... Even if they fill up plenty of other stuff in area so we can base out of there anyway.

Great location. i plan to call them for reservation tomarrow morning. Lodge, food, Location very nice. Bed in bunkhouse was $25 for me when I stayed there last (included bedding towels & soap). Coin operated washer & dryer in bunkhouse building, restroom too. Good breakfast, Pancakes available Sundays.

Roads - some of the best in the country - Twisty: Tail of the Dragon, Hellbender. Good day trip route is a no-brainer

Sights - Fontanna Dam, Bridal Veil Falls (You can ride behind falls, but be careful about getting that magic bridal veil water on you. I am now SO married.)

Bikes & friends. I usually bring my fabled XS1100sg. Needs new fork oil & shocks, but it sure is XSiting to ride now...Let's Dance!
        It is a great big beautiful world out there
        Brent in GA
        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Well this place sounds great and theres nothing better than a recommendation from someone who has been there. Thinking bunkhouse for me too. I tried calling them last night but the phone connection was really bad. So I emailed them. Still waiting to hear back. If they dont email me by this afternoon I'll try calling again.
          1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
          2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Reservation made

We're moving the fall rally to the Iron Horse. 30 Sept - 2 Oct. Our normal weekend is booked. Make reservations now. You can always cancel if you learn you aren't coming. Camping will always be available. www.ironhorsenc.com Please spread the word.

I called:
            Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
            1755 Lower Stecoah Road
            Stecoah, NC 28771
            CLICK HERE FOR GPS COORDINATES
            For more information:
            Telephone 828-479-3864 or EMAIL

I am in bunkhouse #2 (3 more beds now abvailable). Also available- cabins with 6 bedrooms sharing 3 bathrooms..

Security is no problem there. Also Blue Knights (police mc) are staying there this same weekend.
            if you want a room, call soon

Location is near Robbinsville NC. Cherohala Skyway; nice road with open sweepers, side road to waterfall is twisty, good views & leaves should be starting to show color by then.
            It is a great big beautiful world out there
            Brent in GA
            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Me and Bruce are in for Friday and Sat night only, same bunkhouse as Brent...one more bed left, then there are several 2 person rooms in cabins and another bunkhouse.....SO CALL NOW AND MAKE THE RESERVATION!!
              Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                We're moving the fall rally to the Iron Horse. 30 Sept - 2 Oct. Our normal weekend is booked. Make reservations now. You can always cancel if you learn you aren't coming. Camping will always be available. www.ironhorsenc.com Please spread the word.

I called:
                Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
                1755 Lower Stecoah Road
                Stecoah, NC 28771
                CLICK HERE FOR GPS COORDINATES
                For more information:
                Telephone 828-479-3864 or EMAIL

I am in bunkhouse #2 (3 more beds now abvailable). Also available- cabins with 6 bedrooms sharing 3 bathrooms..

Security is no problem there. Also Blue Knights (police mc) are staying there this same weekend.
                if you want a room, call soon

Location is near Robbinsville NC. Cherohala Skyway; nice road with open sweepers, side road to waterfall is twisty, good views & leaves should be starting to show color by then.
                Cant seem to get these folks on the phone or online...called twice and left messages
                1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Just got a call back..I'm reserved in Bunkhouse 2.
                  1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                  2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

booked a semi private room, mountain side. for friday and saturday night. the semi private rooms have twin beds or put together for a king.
                    80 xs1100G

Comment

Bruce and I are only here Friday and Sat due to vacation limitations for the new date. There will be a Sunday ride, we just won't be able to make it as we both need to be back to work on Monday.
                      Gary Granger

Quote:

Comment

I took mini Bruce with me to the dragon to get in a practice run.

I just need to get a mini Suzuki bandit and mini Bruce will be ready to ride!
                        " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
                        xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
                        8mm msd wires
                        tkat fork brace...
                        Fox shocks...
                        mikes650 front fender
                        led's gallore...
                        renthal bars
                        gold valve emulators
                        vmax tensioner
                        Rifle fairing

Comment

Silver Tongued Devils

Can anyone attend ?
                          You bunch of smooth talkers convinced me.
                          I'm booked into The Iron Horse arriving Friday Sept 30 and departing Monday Oct 2.
                          I'll probably make a meandering trip down and back. It will be time to put the bike away for the winter by the time I get back home.
                          Thx BDF
                          I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Typically, this rally enjoys a good turnout. The change of date and venue upsets things a bit, but I still expect a good number of folks to show.
                            Marty (in Mississippi)
                            XS1100SG
                            XS650SK
                            XS650SH
                            XS650G
                            XS6502F
                            XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              We're moving the fall rally to the Iron Horse. 30 Sept - 2 Oct.
                              Hey, I'll be back in NY by then...I'm heading out of CA in July driving cross country to move back to NY and finally get to live with my Beautiful Wife again after 2 years of not...So maybe I'll be able to attend...the TAIL OF THE DRAGON IS AN AWESOME RIDE!! Did it once years ago...well...2004 i think it was, so NOT THAT long ago...Then I sold my bike and went to IRAQ...what a dumb decision that was...Selling the bike, Not going to IRAQ...IRAQ was fun!
                              Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
                              Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

Working...
                              X