Rally in Northwest????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where and when ?

come on north side. sort some dates and places out.
    atleast the shandy drinkin south side can sort a rally out
    1978e. special forks.she's a frankinstien.a bit of this a bit of that.its a monster

Comment

• Hey Guys,
      Anyone, got any rides planned out yet? I been mega busy working and haven't had a chance to stop in a read the replies lately. I bought oil and a filter today and was going to change oil and clean the airfilters this weekend, to get her ready. My right hand is getting a twisting twitch in it, got to get some of the stress out too!
      Let me know,
      Cheers!
      Tim
      cessnafixer@yahoo.com
      1979 XS1100F
      4 into 1 Jardine, single POD airfilters, custom paint
      Branded title
      Work in progress since 2000

We have to get on! We have to get on! We have So much time and so little to do!.....strike that, reverse that!! :P

Comment

• I'm working so much right now I can hardly find time to ride. That's one reason I tried to plan something for September when I have less going on...

Tony
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

• there has to be a day at least a few of us XS11 drivers can get together for at LEAST a 2-3 hour ride.........
          1979 XS1100F
          4 into 1 Jardine, single POD airfilters, custom paint
          Branded title
          Work in progress since 2000

We have to get on! We have to get on! We have So much time and so little to do!.....strike that, reverse that!! :P

Comment

• Do it

Pick a day, If no one shows then ride alone. If i can make it i'll be on time.6 day work weeks got me needing a ride. sunday or monday morning are best for me,but pick the best time for you.
            Lets do 2 or 3 of them, And a rally like Geezer said.
            Dakota post your best time to ride.
            1980 midnight xs1100 Rebilt cosmetically
            1980 midnight xs850 bagger
            1980 Special xs1100 (all apart)
            1979 special Special runner
            2011 street glide

Comment

• Looks like nothing much happening in PNW this summer. Anybody interested in coming across the border to Revelstoke instead? Having hosted here a couple of times in the past, I could put together a couple or three interesting local rides pretty quick, with a tech day thrown in for good measure. Best part - being retired, my schedule is pretty flexible!
              Ken Talbot

Comment

• Ken I was planning to take a trip in August up to Oregon, Washington, The Great White North, Utah and Colorado -- organized rally or no organized rally!

Just yesterday I managed to scrape the money together to do the full trip instead of just the Utah/Colorado loop but 'stuff' keeps happening. I'm looking at getting another full set of tires six months ahead of schedule so I may wind up sitting at home for another month with a great-running bike that finally gets good gas mileage but has tires that I don't trust any further than short hops the corner store if I completely lose my mind and try to ride it.

I love my bike, I love my bike, I love my bike, I lo....
                -- Scott
                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                1979 XS1100F: parts
                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Let us know when you're passing through and at least we can have a meet up somewhere...

Geezer

Comment

• Originally posted by Geezer View Post
                    Let us know when you're passing through and at least we can have a meet up somewhere...
                    Will do, Tony, and the rest of the PNW group!. If I can find a set of tires it'll be the beginning or middle of August.

It depends on how much it costs for tires.
                    -- Scott
                    _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• I bought 3 new Avon rear tires some years back thinking I'd use them up over a couple years. I still have 2 of them and now they're too old to use. It really sucks having to toss what looks like perfectly good new tires...

Geezer

Comment

I bought 3 new Avon rear tires some years back thinking I'd use them up over a couple years. I still have 2 of them and now they're too old to use. It really sucks having to toss what looks like perfectly good new tires...

Geezer
                        Ouch, that hurts. This is the second brand new tire in a year that's picked up a screw/nail, apparently from my driveway. I'll see what happens next -- twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action!
                        -- Scott
                        _____

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                          Ouch, that hurts. This is the second brand new tire in a year that's picked up a screw/nail, apparently from my driveway. I'll see what happens next -- twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action!
                          I guess you could put a tube in it. A bit old school but it should work...

Geezer

Comment

• Just pull it off and patch it, I did on my last rear, same as you I picked up a screw shortly after getting a new tire. Rode the Heck out of that tire and it was fine, all this stuff about never patch a MC tire is BS IMHO!
                            1979 xs1100 Special -
                            Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                            Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                            My Bike:
                            [link is broken]

Comment

I guess you could put a tube in it. A bit old school but it should work...
                              I''m putting a new tire on Columbo. I'm going to patch the new-old-tire and put it on my '79 parts bike with a tube. It has a tube-type rim so it should be fine, especially since the parts bike doesn't actually run at the moment.

I do need to find a set of rim locks for it. Someone did a messy job sealing the rim lock holes with epoxy and I'm not comfortable with putting tubeless tires on a tube-type rim or running a tube without the locks..

Originally posted by psycoreefer View Post
                              Just pull it off and patch it, I did on my last rear, same as you I picked up a screw shortly after getting a new tire. Rode the Heck out of that tire and it was fine, all this stuff about never patch a MC tire is BS IMHO!
                              Brian, I'm really glad you've had good luck with patched tires. I had to learn my lesson the hard way: it's not always about me.

I tried to squeeze a set of rear tires that I really shouldn't have been using on my Corvair and one tire blew out as I came up to an intersection. The jolt and the rubber chunks rocked the engine on its mounts, knocked off the clutch cable and jammed the throttle linkage, shooting me out into the intersection like a watermelon seed from between two fingers.

My car t-boned a van carrying contract farm workers home from picking crops. I didn't have insurance back then (it's betting against yourself, right?) so, naturally, the contractor's insurance company sued my eye teeth right out of my head with a long list of transgressions that would have made Captain Stern in the movie, "Heavy Metal" look like a rank amateur.

It took me over five years to pay off the judgment in 1970s money and I could have a bought a new car every year with five new tires on it for what I wound up having to pay. I'll play with cards, dice, women and tequila but not tires, insurance, or other people that have absolutely nothing to do with me and my personal decisions.
                              -- Scott
                              _____

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                                I do need to find a set of rim locks for it. Someone did a messy job sealing the rim lock holes with epoxy and I'm not comfortable with putting tubeless tires on a tube-type rim or running a tube without the locks..
                                Rim locks are not required. Back in the early 1970s some moron ran his rear tire low on pressure on a KZ900 and when the tire spun and ripped out the valve core, he crashed and was majorly F'ed up. Then he sued Kawasaki for a fortune. After that several big bikes started coming with rim locks until tubeless tires were introduced.

If you run proper pressure, the tire won't slip on the rim... I started tossing rim locks on my KZ650 30 years ago and have done so on every street bike I've had since that came with them...

Geezer

Comment

Working...
                                X