No announcement yet.

Rally in Northwest????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, skip the rim locks then. It shouldn't be able to spin the rim in the tire until I get the bike running anyway.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• If you have a full week for a rally, I live in Grande cache, Alberta, and to get to here, you would have to go through the banff national park, the jasper national park, and up a windy mountain road. We are part of the scenic route to Alaska. You can legally camp in any spot you find along side the road once you are out of the park and into my area. It's an awesome ride, but there are only 2 roads coming here, 1 in and 1 out... and its about a 2 hour drive to the next town, but you could go 2 hours north of here, to Grande Prairie, and over to British Columbia for the ride south... but if you ever want to come up through Canada, let me know... I have a big yard for camping, and a wife who makes a wicked meal!
      There are only two types of bikers...
      those that have layed it down, and
      those that have not layed it down...YET!

1982 XJ1100J Maxim (F-Bomb)
      Not going to lie, Brand new at this... thanks for having a bit of patience with dumb questions

Comment

• It looks like everything is coming together. If everything stays on track I'll be heading up north next week for the first leg of a multistate (multinational?) trip.

Whatever else happens, this is going to be a fun ride! I hope I can meet up with at least some of the people that made the Detroit Lake rally last year as well as the new riders that have joined up this year!
        -- Scott
        _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Be sure and post your route and I'll try to meet up with you. I've been as busy as one legged man at a butt kicking contest but I'll take some time off and take a ride that day...

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

• I'll try to meet as well.
            1980 XS1100LG Midnight
            1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
            A quick death and an easy one.
            A pretty girl and an honest one.
            A cold beer and another one!

Comment

• Another pair of wheels here joining in on the fun. ... if you guys are still active with this sort of thing before the heat is gone.
              1982 XJ1100

Comment

• Scott. You have an aproximate arrival date? We need to find a close in spot to meet, and maybe stay overnight. Need it close enough for Tony, and whoever else
                1980 XS1100LG Midnight

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Comment

• What the heck did Oregon do to the parks? In looking for a campground with tent sites, or even a campground, it appears that Oregon has turned most of the parks into day use areas only. There are a couple with tent sites, but not a good selection. May have to meet up, and ride.
                  1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

• Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
                    Scott. You have an aproximate arrival date? We need to find a close in spot to meet, and maybe stay overnight. Need it close enough for Tony, and whoever else
                    Bob, I'm trying for Vancouver, WA on Friday, Aug 27th, or Saturday, Aug 28th.

I still have some work to do before I take off, to The Great White North! and I have to find my passport or they won't let me into Canada even if I bring my Bob & Doug McKenzie CDs.
                    -- Scott
                    _____

Comment

• and whoever else...

3phase,

I dunno the route you have planned but if it involves going near the coast then Blaine might be an option for ya. Access to a check-up/repair facility (my garage...) and a place to rest at night too. Kinda iffy right now though. The vessel/sailboat is for sale and if it sells then I'll have to deliver it to the new owner somewhere else: Portland Oregon. But if I and the boat are here when you come past then consider the invitation as open.

If you're not going along the coast then may I suggest crossing the border at Oosooyos(sp)? The customs people just may be happy to see an XS: A. Weiss. His home/shop are right across the border.

Getting cooler here at night. Dress warm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larrym View Post
                        Getting cooler here at night. Dress warm.
                        Thanks, Larry! I am planning on taking the coast up to Tsawwassen and Vancouver Island, then head east on Hwy 4 but -- holy cow, man! You're about as far north as you can get and still be in Washington! Do you get polar bears there like the Canadians do?
                        -- Scott
                        _____

Comment

• No Armed Bears In the News Lately....

3Phase,

No bears "reported" where I'm at. Just means that bears are sneakier or people are too lazy to call 911.

Looks like you will be going through the "Peace Arch" to get from US to "Canadia". Little is known of that land or those peoples....as an explorer it's up to you to report back anything of interest to us arm-chair adventurers.

Just a tip:

When you ride the Ferry don't use your centerstand. Instead use your sidestand/kickstand and remember to put the bike in gear in order to LOCK the bike in place. Using the centerstand only can result in the bike moving FWD due to the ferry's starts/stops and then....

Well, Maybe you wouldn't be there to see it happen cause you'd be elsewhere on the ferry taking pics to post/share. Right?

Comment

• Hey Scott, you all ready to go?
                            1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

• Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
                              Hey Scott, you all ready to go?
                              Hit a snag, naturally, but I think so!
                              -- Scott
                              _____

Comment

• I made it Vancouver, WA early this morning. So far, so good!
                                -- Scott
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X