No announcement yet.

Rally in Northwest????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This seems to be a rally of one this year.

I made it to Osoyoos, B.C. at 6PM this evening.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• I've been insanely busy lately and I've only taken a couple half days off to go fishing. Almost no riding time other than running errands.

when do you think you'll be passing back though this area? Perhaps we could meet up around Poprock's place...

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

• I totally understand, Tony, I'll be back up next year!

Right now Utah and Colorado are up next, maybe Kansas and Oklahoma down to Texas then head back to the barn.
        -- Scott
        _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

• Good on you Scott!..........now it's all downhill......lol......yea, rite. Be nice to that scoot and don't hammer it too hard, but especially be alert and safe! Definitely looking forward to swapping lies......
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• I made it to Salt Lake City about 9 PM today. After getting out of Washington and Oregon it was all open highway with 75 MPH speed limits through most of Idaho and Utah and the bike loved it.

I'm tired and the bike needs an oil change but I'm still grinnin' ear-to-ear after something like 800 miles of mountain roads and canyons to and from Canada, the thunderstorm that chased me for 200 miles before it caught me and forced me to find a motel for the night (at 2 AM) and the high speed run down to Utah today. Whew!

"I've been to Osoyoos on a street with no name, it felt good to be out of the rain!
            In Osoyoos, you can't remember your name, 'cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain!"

Yeah, I had fun and I had no idea there was a lake in Osoyoos!
            -- Scott
            _____

Comment

• Ambition and Achievement

3phase,

Yup. Knew you'd like highway 20. Way more fun than zipping down and back to Walmart just to play a game of Walmart Bingo.

Keep raisin' the bar m'lad!!!

Comment

• Hey Scott!!
                Sounds like the fun is happening. Good to hear. You didn't ask, but i remember that song, but damn, that was a horse. Was the beer fridge at Andreas place full?
                1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                A quick death and an easy one.
                A pretty girl and an honest one.
                A cold beer and another one!

Comment

• The 'fridge was mostly full.

I'm leaving Colorado for home; have to cut the ride short. There's too much rain and stuff right now on the way to Kansas and on the other side of the mountains.

Motoman convinced me to put a Venture cam chain tensioner on the engine and it runs really smooth and quiet now; definitely a worthwhile mod!

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
                  Hey Scott!!
                  Sounds like the fun is happening. Good to hear. You didn't ask, but i remember that song, but damn, that was a horse. Was the beer fridge at Andreas place full?
                  -- Scott
                  _____

Comment

• To bad the trip was cut short Scott. It would have been no fun traveling all the way in heavy rains, as well as dangerous. Better save the ride for a better day.
                    1980 XS1100LG Midnight

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Comment

• I made it home tonight ~ 4:30PM. I'm tired and really enjoying sitting on something that won't fall over if I don't put my feet down but it was a great ride!
                      -- Scott
                      _____

Comment

• Glad to hear you made it home in one piece. Get some rest, and then check the bike over.
                        1980 XS1100LG Midnight

Comment

• Thanks for the phone call.....glad to hear you safely made it back home.....and as you stated to me....."IB riders got absolutely nothing on me". Believe that with those couple 1000 milers in less than 24hr......and on a stock seat besides.
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Heh, I still haven't unpacked or cleaned the bike but the neighbors complained about where I parked so I had to move the bike off the street and put it in the garage.

I'll start the tedious cleanup and PMCS tomorrow, today I'm goofing off and idly considering how much it would cost to pay some of the local fun-loving feral children to T.P. a house.
                            -- Scott
                            _____

Comment

• Osoyoos and other parts.

Osoyoos is a desert area at the bottom of BC about 200 miles inland.
                              It is hot and dry in the summer and a unique area. North of Wenatchee for the WA folks. There is usually a bike event in Twisp WA in July. Hwy 20 from the left hand side of WA is a ride to remember and a must do.
                              Mrs Snippets and I are thinking of going to Sturgess in 011.
                              The entire area to the right of the Cascade Mountains is great to ride. Can be chilly in the evenings, but very little rain. The routes over the Cascades and also cool. I90 in WA is the least winding. Stevens Pass, Hwy 20, Hope Princeton are more winding, while the Coquihala and Connector a little less.
                              All are worth the ride.

Uncle crusty

Comment

• Crusty, you're right, it's a great ride.

On Andreas' advice I took the 20 east from below Osoyoos to the 21 south, then down to Grand Coulée and continued south to Salt Lake City, UT. It's one heck of a lot of scenery to take in but it's worth the trip!
                                -- Scott
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X