Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South from BC

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
    Crusty, you're right, it's a great ride.

On Andreas' advice I took the 20 east from below Osoyoos to the 21 south, then down to Grand Coulée and continued south to Salt Lake City, UT. It's one heck of a lot of scenery to take in but it's worth the trip!
    Staying inland as in East of the Cascade range, Hwy 395 and 97 will get you from BC to Reno.
    There is scenery, winding roads, small towns ( population 41 ) cute place names ( Weed ) big trees and much more.
    Ah the Pacific North West, great place to ride.
    I am mostly on Vancouver Island but do trips on the mainland whenever I can.

Yami is for two up riding and the Suzuki is my solo bike.

Uncle Crusty

Comment

• Rally place

Hey, I'm new to this so I hope that you don't mind my two cents. Diamond Lake,Or is nice it has 240 camp sites, its close to crater lake and it offers fishing, boat rentals and horse back riding. Check it out on line. Mike
      Mike. ...I've always been crazy...but it's kept me from going insane. "Waylon Jennings"

Comment

• Originally posted by Crusty Snippets View Post

Yami is for two up riding and the Suzuki is my solo bike.

Uncle Crusty

Lemme guess.... VStrom??

it is my obsession......
        1979 XS1100
        Was going to be a ratbike, instead it is
        Turning into a "Labour of Love" Restoration...

Comment

• Suzuki

Hi Gryphon.
          Not sure why I did not reply to this earlier.
          My other bike is an SV1000S Suzuki.
          I like the sport bike style with the better suspension, less weight and more giddy up. Also had an SV650S which was a nicer bike in many aspects. Smoother engine, lighter weight, but nowhere near the grunt of the bigger bike.
          The Yami engine is smoother than the V twin Suzuki, but there is no comparing the handling, or weight. I will slowly work at making Yami handle better.
          I will be back in White Rock on Monday 03 December.

Unkle Crusty

Comment

• Damn Polls

With a 60 / 40 split can someone make a decision and close this POLL ?
            Rally threads with a destination and date are interesting even if we can not attend. Ancient polls are not interesting.
            End of rant.
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Whoever has the power to close it, should go ahead and do it. I started it, but don't know that i can close it.
              1980 XS1100LG Midnight
              1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
              A quick death and an easy one.
              A pretty girl and an honest one.
              A cold beer and another one!

Comment

• I've given up on hosting a rally. I'm too arthritic to ride long distances and I have too much pain in general to camp out. I may take up riding smaller bikes but that's another discussion...

I'm hoping to start a west coast meeting of the minds at my place. I still have too much renovating to do here so I can't do it this year. One of the things I plan for here is a large covered concrete pad in front of the garage and fence it in. Sort of an outside garage. I plan the space for bike parking and a home for my bike lift. Anyway this would be a good place for tech sessions maybe once or twice a year.

Geezer
                Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

• Hi Geezer.
                  I got constructively dismissed, so I guess I am constructively retired.
                  Decided to spend this year building. First a shed for my tools and the bikes.
                  Then clean up a boat and sell it. Then build a garage which will be my residence for a while.
                  Were about in OR are you. I have been to Portland often, down I5 a few times and up 97 and 395 from Nevada.
                  New quite a few bike riders in the Portland area during the seventies.
                  Many raced at the track, others road motocross and or worked in the bike business. I went around the track plenty of times.
                  Remember one day it was 102 and pretty warm in black leathers.
                  A friend worked on the police bikes in Portland.
                  Hope the aches and pains are not slowing you down too much.
                  Unkle Crusty

Comment

• 2014 Rally

Let's put a NW rally together this year. Who's up for one? I'm just outside Seattle. Love to host one if possible.

Comment

• I would like to see a rally, but putting it together is not my thing. I liked the Detroit Lake rally. Lots of area to ride.
                      1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                      1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                      A quick death and an easy one.
                      A pretty girl and an honest one.
                      A cold beer and another one!

Comment

• Perhaps if I ever get this place whipped into shape, I'll have a tech weekend gathering here. I don't ride much anymore but I have a lot of tech stuff I could share. I also have a very nice bike lift we could use if there's a project we as a group wanted to tackle...

Tony
                        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

• I'd be in for a rally. I'm in Montana but Washington would be a nice ride. Pick a weekend and place

Comment

• Originally posted by cmohler View Post
                            I'd be in for a rally. I'm in Montana but Washington would be a nice ride. Pick a weekend and place
                            Hi Bud,
                            Nice to see you on the forum. All I know about Montana is
                            Lewis and Clark Amber Ale and Huckelberry Jam
                            Phil
                            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

• Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                              Hi Bud,
                              Nice to see you on the forum. All I know about Montana is
                              Lewis and Clark Amber Ale and Huckelberry Jam
                              Phil
                              I grew up there Phil. It's a great state for MANY reasons but it's a tough place to make a decent living.

I would suggest the Olympic Peninsula though for a NW rally. Some really great roads and scenery there.
                              Last edited by BA80; 01-25-2014, 11:27 AM.
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

• So far going well. Construction is doing very well here. Been on some nice roads, gonna find some more. I'm considering a rally for 2015 here in three forks.

Comment

Working...
                                X